[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabregas23

Mar 19, 2006
Also, just to say that Robert Pires is starting to purr once again. He probably won't be a great threat ala Henry but he can instigate passing moves that could slice your defence. If he does get a chance to score , 9/10 it's a goal or he makes the keeper work. Our musketeer is coming into form either way. If he does play in a five man midfield, we've have got a rake of quality attacking midfielders with all very different qualities.

Batigol

Mar 5, 2006
the thing that i am worried about is their keeper, he is doing great lately, did any of you see the chance he saved in real's game, the one with Raul, i don't know if it was luck, but man, he was welling to die.

Intro

Apr 6, 2005
I think it will be very difficult to score at Highbury as I don't expect much space for Juventus nor will there be for Henry. Probably a cagey affair with a 0-0 or 1-0 Arsenal win the most likely outcome with this match will be settled in the return leg.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Maresca said:
3-1 for juve, Trez, Ibra and Viera to score, Bergkamp will score for them.
what about you brother

2-2 i know i should be more optimistic but Juve's record with away matches are abysmal.i hope that i am wrong but a high scoring draw would be great as well.

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
Although European giants Juventus travel to Highbury on Tuesday night for the UEFA Champions League quarter final first leg, the focus is firmly on one man; former Arsenal colossus Patrick Vieira.

When the former Gunners captain departed North London in the summer after nine years of sterling service it appeared as though he had played his last game at Arsenal's famous home, but he could return to haunt Arsene Wenger just eight months later.

Vieira is sure to receive a warm reception, but after the referee blows his whistle all thoughts of a friendly reunion will be abandoned as Arsenal attempt to reach the semi-finals for the first time.

After seeing off Real Madrid in the previous round The Gunners will be hoping to depose another established member of European royalty, but their stuttering domestic form is in sharp contrast to Fabio Capello's side's dominance of Serie A this season.

However, in Europe, unshackled from the close attention of Premiership sides, Arsenal have been a different proposition and are currently just one clean sheet short of Milan's UEFA Champions League record of seven in a row.

Wenger's men have lost only one of their previous 11 home games in Europe's premier competition, but The Bianconeri are the competition's top scorers on their travels and an intriguing battle is likely to unfold in North London.

Defensive injuries continue to blight Wenger's quest for his European holy grail, and the return of Sol Campbell has been scuppered after the England international received a kick in training.

With Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy, Kerrea Gilbert, Pascal Cygan and Lauren all still absent, the makeshift backline of Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure, Philippe Senderos and Mathieu Flamini could face their sternest test yet against the two time champions.

Swedish star Freddie Ljungberg is also unavailable due to a calf injury, meaning Alexander Hleb will be offered the chance to pick up where he left off after impressing against Real.

In attack Togo international Emmanuel Adebayor is cup tied after playing for Monaco in an earlier round, whilst youngster Arturo Lupoli has sustained a foot injury but was highly unlikely to feature in any case.

Jose Antonio Reyes was expected to return against Portsmouth after struggling with a hamstring injury, and fit-again Robin van Persie could also come into the attack for his first European appearance since December to partner Thierry Henry - who plays against his old side.

Saturday's postponed game at Fratton Park handed Wenger's men a longer rest than anticipated, and after a tough game against Roma at the weekend Juve coach Capello believes The Gunners have earned a slight advantage.

Certainly the draw with The Giallorossi came at a cost as Juve legend Alessandro Del Piero had to be withdrawn due to a thigh injury that rules him out of the Highbury encounter.

The Italian's hopes of claiming a crucial away goal are also diminished by the fact that Czech superstar Pavel Nedved is suspended, so former Chelsea forward Adrian Mutu could appear at the ground he scored at in the FA Cup in 2004.

However, despite their attacking absentees Juventus possess one of the continent's most feared frontlines with David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic looking to unsettle the inexperienced Gunners.

Wenger has already highlighted his former Monaco protégée Trezeguet as the man to watch, and Arsenal need to be at their defensive best if they are secure a result that gives them a chance of progressing into the last four.

- Skysports

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Batigol said:
the thing that i am worried about is their keeper, he is doing great lately, did any of you see the chance he saved in real's game, the one with Raul, i don't know if it was luck, but man, he was welling to die.
well, but ehmmm he is german:D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Byrone said:
2-2 i know i should be more optimistic but Juve's record with away matches are abysmal.i hope that i am wrong but a high scoring draw would be great as well.
indeed, I have a great feeling about this match.. while I had a very bad one against bremen

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i think zlatan and trez can upset lehman a bit by roughing him up a little he doesnt like people invading his space.

yeah the arsenal midfield looks good offensivley, but while the majority of reals madrids midfield was afraid to tackle and all went forward together juve will be far more compact.

but i think this arsenal midfield likes to get forward leaving poor gilberto with a lot of defensive work to do along with fabregas while also eboue and flamini could be in for very busy nights.

i hope senderos is in mistake prone form again

OP
djleli

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,276
    oh im still here and still at work i was working on the suicide option until i figured out that with a mix of alcahol and crack you can still die happily.... alas there is only 20 minutes to go so i will try to perserve a bit more actualy i was passing time making tea for my collagues hehe

Fabregas23

Mar 19, 2006
    Eire said:
    i think zlatan and trez can upset lehman a bit by roughing him up a little he doesnt like people invading his space.

yeah the arsenal midfield looks good offensivley, but while the majority of reals madrids midfield was afraid to tackle and all went forward together juve will be far more compact.

but i think this arsenal midfield likes to get forward leaving poor gilberto with a lot of defensive work to do along with fabregas while also eboue and flamini could be in for very busy nights.

i hope senderos is in mistake prone form again
    Don't worry, you are guaranteed one cock-up from Senderos, the man who looks like he has a permanent migraine. He gets better as the game progresses though so best to catch him early.

The problem with your midfield is that it's not very fluent so I don't it will really punish us if lose the ball high upfield. Vieira used to run the length of the field but not anymore. Your pace won't really scare us. The only way I can see you scoring is from a set-piece and maybe open play if we are really stretched.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)