[CL]Arsenal vs Juventus (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
28/03/2006 14:20 Del Piero: Juve Will Make It Against Arsenal Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero will miss the first leg of the Champions League quarter-finals against Arsenal at Highbury. But his thoughts will be with his team-mates and as he revealed to the Greek sports daily “Goal News,” he thinks that “Juve gonna make it.”
Photo

“I wish I could play to support my team in such an important game. However, we must not be afraid of Arsenal. We face a great opponent that we respect a lot but we can deal with them,” he said adding: “Juve have excellent players and a great coach and will make it.”

“In my opinion Juventus are able to achieve the goals they have set and reach the Champions League final. We will try for everything we want to do until the very end.”

Speaking of the World Cup in Germany, the 31-year forward mentioned that he has still open accounts with the Italian national squad.

“I have won with Juventus more titles than I expected. All my dreams have come true at club level. With Italy I have still an open account that I am about to pay back soon. The World Cup in Germany is the best chance for me to win a title with Italy and I can’t wait for the tournament to begin.”

As for his goal record at the Turin-based club, Del Piero said that he feels great to be the all-time top scorer in Juve’s history, but he prefers to look forward.

“I hope to raise Juventus standards,” he said.

Finally he expressed his confidence that Greece will make more surprises in the future.

“Greece deserve congratulations for what they did in Portugal. I’m sure that Greece will produce more surprises in the future.”

:touched:

Nice one Alex...

My respects have always been given to this great player...
although we will be without him tonight.. but..

FORZA JUVE !!

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
heard that Dp is out of action for the next 10 days and will also miss the return leg with arsenal in turin.

i hope cap plays mutu i fear that maybe he might play balzeretti at LB and cheillini at LM.

also i hope pires is not starting im getting bad feelings about him scoring.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Goonersauras said:
Don't be silly..

How could we when you're clear favourites.
:disagree:

well the arsenal supporters here in rsa are brimming with confidence & they should be cause arsenal play such quick & fluid attacking football.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Eire said:
heard that Dp is out of action for the next 10 days and will also miss the return leg with arsenal in turin.

i hope cap plays mutu i fear that maybe he might play balzeretti at LB and cheillini at LM.

also i hope pires is not starting im getting bad feelings about him scoring.

Some say that he'll be ready for the 2nd Leg. It's really a big blow a Huge one If Del Piero will miss it.

about Pires, I'm actually happy that he'll start ahead of Ljunberg.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
so am i right in thinking that the likely arsenal starting 11 will be.

lehman

eboue toure senderos flamini

reyes gilberto fabregas helb
pires
henry

not very strong defensively juve should get an away goal, so lets hope our defense is in fine form and a great night for juve in highbury could be on the way

Gene

Dec 10, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Some say that he'll be ready for the 2nd Leg. It's really a big blow a Huge one If Del Piero will miss it.

about Pires, I'm actually happy that he'll start ahead of Ljunberg.

he's out for 10 days .. supposely he will miss the return leg too..

i hope our captain would be back by next week and get match fit.. :) *fingers crossed*

Pires is dangerous.. must be careful about him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)