[CL] Ajax FC - Juventus FC (5 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
A good performance, not a great one......

Camo made up for his mistakes by assisting on the goal.....

Biri and Pessotto made the right side of our field seem empty.......

The jury is out on DP.... I even start to question his form when he doesnt score, or even come close.............:confused:

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
Great JUve, not the best but every game i see that the team
is for big things in this year.

I think that Del Piero need more minutes on the pich. I dont think that he plays a bad game today

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Luigito ] ++
Great JUve, not the best but every game i see that the team
is for big things in this year.

I think that Del Piero need more minutes on the pich. I dont think that he plays a bad game today
:down:

with no offence to you, i think DP has too many " not a bad game " the last couple of years and people seem to start to accept his " not a bad game " performence.
i am a big fans of DP, and as a star like he is, i really hope he will shine again on the pitch. he is not done yet. the winning goal was starting from his nice pass to camo, right ??

:cheesy:

great 3 points last night, this wasn't an easy one.

DKNY

Feb 2, 2003
some random thoughts here:

EUROSPORT and UEFA shocked me to death when they mistakenly put a 1-1 draw in the 2nd half on their minute-minute comments,WTF!~:fero::(

also the commentor made fun of our pink jersey last season:angel:,saying thankfully bring the blue back as an away jersey

we definitely s/d give Zlatan some time,it w/d be ridiculous if we ask him to adept to our squad after 1 official match.:cool:
Canna showed his value,plus i very appreciate canna paired w/ thuram again.:cheesy:

the blue jersey rocks and realy flashed back some golden memory in '96 final
again,we kick some dutch butts:D:D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Capello's edge and authority is already apparent in this side as this is our second solid win into the season with 2 clean sheets. The performance was balanced as we played perfectly total football in the first half but struggled in the second half, which probably makes a draw a fair result but I'm happy with the win and our first 3 points in this group.

I was happy with the partnerships of Thuram-Cannavaro in defence and Blasi-Emerson in midfield. They really worked well and formed the backbone of our side. Our left side compromising of Zambrotta, Nedved and Del Piero was far more efficient and controlling than the right with Birindelli, Camoranesi and Zalatan. But as a team we did well and appeared to pass the ball at ease and with organization.

We had many chances in the first half but were able to score only one goal, albeit a masterpiece. The way Nedved volleyed the ball was simply breathtaking. On the other hand, we showed that to win a match you also need a solid defence and midfield. And it was Blasi, Thuram, and Cannavaro's turn to perform and they never failed to do so. Not to forget Buffon who saved a couple of dangerous shots too.

We may have fallen back in the second half due to the players' fitness levels so maybe Capello might consider rotating the squad for our next Serie A match against Atalanta and use fresh players like Montero, Tudor, Appiah, Tacchinardi, Olivera and Trezeguet.

All in all a good European night for the Bianconeri in blue and what a promising start to this season :cool:

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
oh i am so happy about this victory against ajax.
i saw the game in the tv and i think we deserved to win ! our defense was pretty good except birindelli who looked quite delicate !!

neddy's goal was amazing and also emerson and blasi did a very good job. on the other hand camoranesi's performance was really disappointingly again.
okay he had often the ball, but everytime he did something stupid and lost the ball then !

where is olivera ? he came in in the second half and he was ten times better than camoranesi !

our attack was not really dangerous ! del piero had some nice move and ibrahimovic is not yet integrated in our team.

my personal ratinges.

buffon 7
birindelli 5
thuram 7
cannavaro 6.5
zambrotta 7.5
blasi 6.5
emerson 6.5
camoranesi 4.5
nedved 7
del piero 6
ibrahimovic 5

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
A good performance, not a great one......

Camo made up for his mistakes by assisting on the goal.....

Biri and Pessotto made the right side of our field seem empty.......

The jury is out on DP.... I even start to question his form when he doesnt score, or even come close.............:confused:
The only problem with Camo that he has no brain.

In the second half he made the most beautiful dribbles, showed some superb skills in ball-controll, and than gave away the ball every single time. He had about two good passes, and gave away the ball 6-7 times, mainly because he choosed the very worst solution and the hardest way possible. We had a counter in the second half, he was running a bit on the righ in the opponents half, he could have passed the ball either to Zlatan, Oliveira or Emerson (both running on his left) and what did he do? Thinking for seconds than passed it to his right where was obviosly no one.

Birindelli created a hole on our right, he was so much afraid of his opponents (Mitea) speed and dribling, that he went central and seemingly waited Thuram to help him out.

Imo Pesotto was very good, he solved our right-side defense, no more runs from Mitea after his arrival. Of course Zebina's position is not in danger.

DP wasnt the best, but he combined so smoothly with anyone who turned up on our left side, obviously mainly with Zambro. He partnered in some very-very nice combinations creating one-on-one situations for Zambrotta. He got much bigger part in our success last night than most people thinks.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Togon ] ++
DP wasnt the best, but he combined so smoothly with anyone who turned up on our left side, obviously mainly with Zambro. He partnered in some very-very nice combinations creating one-on-one situations for Zambrotta. He got much bigger part in our success last night than most people thinks.

Not many people see the importance of Alex in the pitch (opening up defences, freeing up spaces and distributing the ball to whoever advances - mainly Zambrotta - who then goes one-on-one with another defender or simply has enough space to cross a dangerous ball in). Ofcourse, much more is expected from our captain, but I really think that whenever he get substituted (against Brescia as well as Ajax) our gameplan suddenly gets disrupted and become not as organized as before.

Hopefully, scoring a goal or two would make people appreciate his efforts more because most fans think that scoring goals is the gauge to a players importance in the pitch.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I really wonder what Montero and Leggro are thinking now that there is an old partnership is being renewed in the most amazing way

Olivera was going to go in for Camoranesi but it was changed after Nedved's injury....wonder what would have happened if the first sub took place

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
I watched the game two hours after it was played. The defence looked good. Same goes for the midfield except for the right side where Camo was shite IMO. In the first half, everytime Camo got the ball he lost it (except for the assist) and that could've cost us with the goal two or three times. Blasi was great in the centre, and so was Emerson.

Zambrotta covered the left side very well, with Neddy going in the centre.
Del Piero played a good game along with Zlatan, but unfortunately they didn't score.

I was very nervous with Camo last night. I couldn't even watch his face. :)

Anyways, ratings according to me :

Buffon 7
Birindelli 5
Thuram 6.5
Cannavaro 7
Zambrotta 8
Camo 5
Blasi 6.5
Emerson 6
Nedved 8
Del Piero 6.5
Zlatan 6

Jul 28, 2002
i watched the full game and it was marvelous to see how hard working our side is.

Thuram-canna:clearly enjoy playing together and were imo very solid, with thuram making some top class aerial clearances and canna uncomprimising as ever.

Blasi-Emo: i had doubt over emo, but his aray of simple passes impressed me, and was a strong physical pressence. Blassi played with equal streghnt but lacked emos passing simplicity but gained in a great performance of holding the ball, on numerous occasions he span and held the ball off 2 or 3 defeneders. A emo blassi combination is a midfield of clear strength, which we lacked last year, giving the defence great cover, very impressed. May not light up the park quite yet, but solid as a rock..emo's superior coolness is going to provide more consistancy than the battling pitbull ever did.

Rambo: legendary as usual....but made some shite crosses.

Biri/pess: Did the job, nothing else...zero attacking potentila bar one biri run.

Neddy: Not the perfect neddy performance, top goal and shoulda had a pen...but made a cynical tackle on de jong, which should have given him his second yellow, still more to come from the neddy man.

Camo: Now camo did some really realy good things, like the assist, but also his control of the aerial ball, he often tracked back and brought down the ball perfectly. Made ome half decent passes. But on the negative...he lacked conviction and didnt appear able to take it past a defender...which is something a driblling winger should be able to do.

Olivera: Clearly doesnt have the pace to be a true winger, but his touche and control and passes were of high quality with the odd oli scooped ball over the top (assist to zlat in the 3-0 brescia)...but the best bit appears to be his shoot, which looks to be pretty beasty....giving some more firpower to midfield...nice.

DP: hmm, nice turns and touches, brilliant pass for the goal. Played pretty decent, even showed flashes of his old pace....but once again offeredlittle threat to goal.

Zlatan: Held the bal very well,nice header, but generally failed to escape the marking, like del p, lacking decent service from wide.

Overal a strong disciplined performance from the boys, looking solid, but the wings need to be beefed up to provide more food for our strikers.

Jul 28, 2002
Gigi: 8 cool and class, made a amazingly save form a vdv freekick, and made it look very vvery easy.

Biri:6
Thuram:7
Canna:7
Rambo:8
Camo:6.5
Blasi:6.5
Emo:6.5
Neddy:7.5
DP:6
Z:6

Oli was 6.5/78 when he came on.

Once again rambo clearly the man, he owned the entire left flank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)