[CL] Ajax FC - Juventus FC (7 Viewers)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Buffon: 7.5
Performed some good interceptions on crosses. Had the heart of a lion as usual. Also performed an amazing save on a Van der Vaart free kick.

Birindelli: 4.5
Had a decent first half, but performed very, very bad in the second. Mitea passed him a couple of times like he wasn't even there. Luckily Buffon and Cannavaro were there or otherwise Birindelli's mistakes could have cost us dearly.

Thuram: 7
Didn't do quite as well as Cannavaro, but Van der Vaart is a much better player then Sonck is. Worked together with Cannavaro to catch Sonck about halfway during the first half, which looked VERY impressive because of their skill, speed and teamwork.

Cannavaro: 8
Completely eliminated Sonck. Fabio was faster, stronger and smarter then the Belgian. I think Fabio used the offside trap about five times during the first half. On the other occasions he either easily intercepted the pass or Sonck commited the foul. Very impressive match.

Zambrotta: 7
Defensively strong, but didn't have much luck in attack. Worked together well with Del Piero and Nedved, but never managed a good cross.

Camoranesi: 6.5
Had some bad luck with his actions, but also did some not very intelligent passes. He worked hard though, preventing Maxwell to join the attack. This was very important, seeing the problems Birindelli had with Mitea he would have had some serious problems with them both.

Blasi: 6.5
In the first half he succesfully prevented Ajax from coming through the centre. In the second half Ajax only attacked via Mitea though, so Blasi was almost invisible. Had a lot of moments on the verge of a foul, but commited few.

Emerson: 6
Was completely invisible in the attack, but when Ajax became strong, Emerson also improved. He helped Birindelli out on a couple occasions.

Nedved: 7
Nice goal, but he did spent too much time arguing with everyone. This was because he was battered by Obodai on a couple occasions. Neverthless, he got a yellow card for complaning and that shouldn't really happen.

Del Piero: 7.5
Had a superb pass which splitted the Ajax defense and led to the goal. Wasn't really directly dangerous otherwise, but created a lot of space for Zambrotta and Nedved. Was the leader of the attack.

Ibrahimovic: 5
I've seen a lot of live Ajax matches, so this isn't based on only one match. Ibrahimovic is actually similar to Del Piero. He is a genius on some moments, but he's a burden on others. IMO Del Piero and Trezeguet are a fantastic duo, and Zlatan should only be used as a sub or in squad rotation. He just isn't ready for a starting place in Juventus. Despite that, he rarely scores, so Trezeguet was missed on some occasions.

Subs:

Olivera: 7
Had a nice free kick, and almost did more then Camo in the entire match.

Pessotto: 5.5
Was slightly better then Birindelli.

Appiah: 6
Didn't do anything besides calming down some players of both sides, which was useful.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
which forum?
ASRoma addicts bwahahahahahaha

the guys are there are so much frustrated and angry and cannot accept any comment, especially from a bianconeri

but one has to be smarter than them (a very simple task :D )

the only thing they know what to say is the fooking 4 - 0 result boooooooo

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

ASRoma addicts bwahahahahahaha

the guys are there are so much frustrated and angry and cannot accept any comment, especially from a bianconeri

but one has to be smarter than them (a very simple task :D )

the only thing they know what to say is the fooking 4 - 0 result boooooooo
whats their website.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
All DP needed last night was a goal. He worked hard, made some great passes, linked up well with Zambrotta down the left, and played a big part in the goal.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
A solid team display. We played well as a unit. Defending together and in attacks we had plenty of support, some attacks, one touch play had a nice flow about it. No real star performance. Great goal.

I think people have to get it out of their head that Piero is not a spectacular player but a very smart one who plays with his brain. Im pleased with his performance he is a key player when we form an attack. Zlatan-Trez wouldve been risky to start with. Next game I would like to see Trez and Piero. Zlatan has talent but Trez has a better understanding with Piero.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
sounds like we played well! very good to hear! I am in Vienna, and I tried to find the match on sattelite TV, but I could only find Leverkusen-Madrid match, so I was kind of dissapointed. but I'm verz happy we got all three points!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
sounds like we played well! very good to hear! I am in Vienna, and I tried to find the match on sattelite TV, but I could only find Leverkusen-Madrid match, so I was kind of dissapointed. but I'm verz happy we got all three points!
Why are you in Vienna?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
from the highlights(i didn't get coverage of the match) juve didn't create as much as ajax did and i'm actually pretty relieved that we got the win.

forza juve,two wins out of two:)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
from the highlights(i didn't get coverage of the match) juve didn't create as much as ajax did and i'm actually pretty relieved that we got the win.

that is sooo good!!

and very promising!!

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

I was lucky enough to watch the whole game and I think we were as much of a threat as Ajax were- I didn't think they created a clear cut chance they should've scored from, just small chances only. Canna and Thuram were great, as was Gigi.

May 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

any news from his injury??

is it serious??
Pavel Nedved looks to be back to his best - but the Juventus ace insists he still has more to offer.

The Czech ace impressed and scored a beauty in the 1-0 win over Ajax last night yet he expects more from himself.

"I’ve taken another step forward in my form even if there is still someway to go. I’m only at 60 per cent of my full capabilities," he stated.

The midfielder, who should be fit enough for the weekend after limping out of the game last night, was happy to have found the back of the net again after his strike against Brescia.

"I’m delighted with the goals because they help with morale. I saw the chance to shoot and I took it," he commented.

"It isn’t easy to win at a place like this but we are happy to have got our campaign off to a winning start.

"Ajax made it tough for us because they are an organised side who never stop running but we played how the Coach wanted."

Alex Del Piero was also content with the victory despite clearly being disappointed with the decision to substitute him.

"There is no problem with the Coach," he insisted. "I was angry with a pass that I made just before being replaced and I wasn’t totally happy with my display."
heheheh

Del Piero started the game alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic in attack. Yet the Swede struggled against his former club.

"It was tough playing against my old teammates, especially mentally," he commented. "I thought I would have no problems but it was a strange game for me.

"The fans? They didn’t whistle me and I thank them for that. I obviously left them with some good memories."

May 30, 2004
u guys shuld visit roma addict.com its really funny

If the person who thrown the coin wasn't too "lucky" to hit Frisk,Roma would get a normal money fine and noone will talk about it.Now,that the coin hit him,we may get an one year ban from Europe.

It has no logic.When fans throw stuff to the referees or the other team players,they want to hit them.If they do it or not,it is matter or "luck".Their behaviour is the same,and the punishment should be the same.Punishing the teams really bad only when a referee or a player is injured and let them free when noone is injured,isn't helping to solve the problem for good.It's like saying "Throw things in the field,just don't injure anyone".

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
u guys shuld visit roma addict.com its really funny

If the person who thrown the coin wasn't too "lucky" to hit Frisk,Roma would get a normal money fine and noone will talk about it.Now,that the coin hit him,we may get an one year ban from Europe.

It has no logic.When fans throw stuff to the referees or the other team players,they want to hit them.If they do it or not,it is matter or "luck".Their behaviour is the same,and the punishment should be the same.Punishing the teams really bad only when a referee or a player is injured and let them free when noone is injured,isn't helping to solve the problem for good.It's like saying "Throw things in the field,just don't injure anyone".
yea, I read that, it was hilarious....btw I am there as Mister

there's a war against me but last night Andy took some of it

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
I'm not pleased about the way we played... Eventhough we haven't been
a strong side when it comes to away games I had expected to see us
play better than we did...

Zlatan to Juve!
It sure is great that we, living in Sweden have got the TV stations
attention, that our games are from this point now prioritized...

but damn... Reporters and commentators... Jeeeeez!

Before the Juve - Djurgården games Aftonbladet had a report
about JUVE. In it they had written that Juve hasen't been impressing
and lost to PSG. Sent the writer Jeniffer something that the info is not
correct...

lol, she replies that she hasn't written it and for my information she
has alot of contacts in Italy...

LOL! Ok!!! :totti:

And the other day she writes an article based on her contacts as source that Capello has in mind to bench DP and finally set JUVE free from their burden...

Yeah, it must be his plans... It's obvious that's why we got his replacement just hours before the mercato got closed!!! It wouldn't had been wiser way to get the replacement earlier and make DP catch the HINT that go and ask to be sold so that JUVE would get some money... And we would
probably had Miccoli or Di Vaio still in the team!

And then to last nights game...

That dimwit G. Hysen can't stop thrashing Del Piero...
I don't care if he does... But when he thrashes one of the players that actually didn't do that bad and was actually making himself accessible most of the time and then starts talking about how great Zlatan is playing, really pi$$es me off...

moments with Hysen!

- See, Ajax has no players that can hold the ball and wait for more
teammates to start the attack!

- See, Zlatan has the ball and look how he is holding it, waiting for the
other juve players.

- aaaaaa, look how Del Piero is hogging the ball... He is slow!
He is not the player he used to be 2-3 years ago!!!

DIMWIT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)