[CL] Ajax FC - Juventus FC (9 Viewers)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
Blasi was in my opinon better then Emerson. I would give Emerson a 6 and Blasi a 7.5
Well, I think a 7.5 is too much. Blasi didn't make much fouls, but he was hardly the destroyer that he can be.

PS What the ?! FC Utrecht, who have been in Dutch mid-table for years, are 2-0 up against Djurgardens!

Paris1

Jul 6, 2004
I thought we were outplayed. They created far more and had the best chances of the game. Except the goal, our attack was rather sterile....or did the highlights only show the opportunities created by Ajax?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paris1 ] ++
I thought we were outplayed. They created far more and had the best chances of the game. Except the goal, our attack was rather sterile....or did the highlights only show the opportunities created by Ajax?
We were far far better than Ajax. I think we could have easily won three, four to nill. We scored and then just let them play. We didn't really kill the game, but we apparently thought the game was ours and it was, so we didn't care that much anymore.

Aug 26, 2003
IMO a really important win!!

it seems if CApello has given Juve the Class that they had the season before and in 96 back!! the defense was solid and when needed i think we should have done more for the game!!
(and we won away against an strong opponent)

I think we can really achieve a lot with this team (not only because of this 2 wins) but with the players and coach we have!!

I think the Defense was just great (expecting Birindelli and Pesotto but they were not bad)
Midlefield Neddy scored the winner, and it seems Golden Ball winner is back!!! the partnership between Blasi and Emerson is working great!!
IMO Camoranesi should not start the next game, Olivera is playing better at the moment!

Zlatan it was difficult for him, but ok it was his 2nd game for juve!
Del Piero made a good game IMO, he was looking for the ball, controlled the game, dribbled, hold the ball, and gave a brilliant pass!! i think the only thing for a super performance he was missing a goal!!

when he stays injury free he can enjoy a great season!!

the goal was simply worldclass!!

forza juve!

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
They did slip through a couple of times because of Birindelli, but the match was under control.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
I don't understand why a lot are bashing Camoranesi. He was one of our best players, if not the best (at least in the second half). He did lost balls as usuall, after he tries to dribble, but he also did a lot of positive things. He was crucial in the last 20 minutes. He helped us to keep the ball and prevent Ajax from attacking that way.
I think he was the MVP, which is strange, because in most of the reviews from people here, he was the worst player.
don't tell me I don't know shit about football. I actually saw the game twice, and I did not change my opinion

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Ajax did create more and better chances and quite frankly dominated the second half, but we were the stronger team in the first period and finished the game with the majority of possession. However, we've got to thank Thuram and Cannavaro (and Gigi too) because Ajax would've scored multiple times if Legrottaglie-Montero was the central defensive partnership.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveCampione ] ++
I don't understand why a lot are bashing Camoranesi. He was one of our best players, if not the best (at least in the second half). He did lost balls as usuall, after he tries to dribble, but he also did a lot of positive things. He was crucial in the last 20 minutes. He helped us to keep the ball and prevent Ajax from attacking that way.
I think he was the MVP, which is strange, because in most of the reviews from people here, he was the worst player.
don't tell me I don't know shit about football. I actually saw the game twice, and I did not change my opinion
im agreeing, thats what i tried to get accross im my review, but i wouldnt say hewas mvp...but he played pretty well, he control of theball was crucial at times, giving the defence time to recover...all he needed to do was dribble at the defenders more agressively and get past his man more often.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i was dissapointed with the substitutions.....i was expecting pessoto to come in for nedved and push Zambrota upfield ,,,Camo should have gone out for Olivera...

although i had to say....Del Piero played really well for his standard ...although nowhere billiant as people still make him out to be....:thumb:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)