[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (8 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
almost everyone here is so dumb. honest to god i really wonder how some of you manage to breathe daily and i'm scared knowing many of you are raising kids that will grow up to be dumb like you

we always struggle against teams that press like this since conte days. almost all teams with exception of xavi's barca do. the amount of effort ajax put in was amazing. they were playing with lots of energy trying to kill the game in first half.

do you guys not remember how easily pirlo lost ball when he would get pressed by more than one player at a time? if a player like pirlo could get dispossed what hope do current mids do.

this is the thing with ajax, they are young and hungry. but this can result in being naiive as well. look at the ronaldo goal. no one marks him

we should start with costa and kean. speed and hunger of a fast winger and striker can hurt them.

hopefully chiellini makes it back too. lets see if tadic wants to do roulletes in box when chiellini is around

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Chiellini relieves a huge amount of pressure not only defensively but he is an outlet to hold and carry the ball forward.
Rugani in there was like half a player, thus we were very soft in the box. Allegri should have pressed at half not at 1/4 field. Same thing he did against Atleti first leg but not quite as bad. I just don't understand why he is not more aggressive when we clearly play better that way. At instances when we did we intercepted passes and did better. Overall not worried too much about Ajax but you would think Allegri would learn from the past.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
If we play Mandzo, Khedira, De Sciglio and other players that slow us down, we're fucked in Turin. These Ajax kids can really do some demage.

As for the first match, I think ref robbed us.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We weren’t aggressive enough last night and allowed Ajax far too much control in the midfield. We won’t do that in Turin.

A game like this though does highlight how badly our midfield struggles to keep in control of the tempo.

De Jong was running the show. From the couple of games I’ve seen of him he’s a very impressive footballer. Barca have done well to get their hands on him.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
That was a cleariest penalty on Bentacur.Where are usual wankers in Italy to cry now.All the papers and sport TV shows were full of Sandro's "penalty" against Milan.Very quiet now.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
And still we had the best chances to win. ;)
Well we obviously have better players than them so that is to be expected.

Seriously, from this current Ajax team only De Ligt and De Jong would start for Juve. Blind is a Manure reject and Tadic is a Southampton reject, and yet somehow they play some of the best football in Europe. They (Ajax) are clearly punching well above their weight. They are the ultimate evidence that a team is a collective, and about more than just the individuals in it.

Inspirational really.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This game turned out be exactly what I expected.

We struggle with their high intensity & high pressure. Just a few small details going differently & they would have scored quite a few extra goals.
They struggle because we've got better players & leave a lot of space to exploit. So we could have scored more goals as well.

Return leg is going to be very interesting. I expect to see a very similar game next week, so it's 50/50 for me.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I don't get how in one season Ajax has become overnight this monstrous team
Simple, it's their coach who's a former pep understudy that has instilled the idea of winning second balls. Their intense pressure is down to retaining possession immediately, similar to total football. Their tactics pivot around two key players de jong and van der beek. Pace and enthusiasm obviously plays a part but so did Monaco few years ago, this Ajax is a whole different beast altogether and im not surprised we suffered last night.

I trust in Allegri finding a way out because if he does, nothing can stop us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Simple, it's their coach who's a former pep understudy that has instilled the idea of winning second balls. Their intense pressure is down to retaining possession immediately, similar to total football. Their tactics pivot around two key players de jong and van der beek. Pace and enthusiasm obviously plays a part but so did Monaco few years ago, this Ajax is a whole different beast altogether and im not surprised we suffered last night.

I trust in Allegri finding a way out because if he does, nothing can stop us.

Even if you didn’t know this previously, you’d be able to establish it from his pre-game interview. He talked about dominating possession so we didn’t have the ball, pressing high to keep us further away from their goal and about enjoying the game and players expressing themselves.
Must be what they do every week, considering he was so open about the approach pre-game.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Some of you overrating Ajax too much it's just the same like Atletico 1st leg, it's not because they're really good but Juve just not playing up to their standard. I believe Juve will be more comfortable handling their pressure and have more control with the ball on 2nd leg

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I trust in Allegri finding a way out because if he does, nothing can stop us
He's a second leg master, isn't he? I trust him too for the return match. This is the 5th year in a row where Allegri makes tons of mistakes for leg 1, scans the shit out of the opponents and fixes everything for the 2nd leg. With the exception of the opening 45 minutes in London vs Tottenham last year, every second leg match was perfect, including those two matches in Munich and Madrid when we were eliminated.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
Some of you overrating Ajax too much it's just the same like Atletico 1st leg, it's not because they're really good but Juve just not playing up to their standard. I believe Juve will be more comfortable handling their pressure and have more control with the ball on 2nd leg
I bet you didn't watch Ajax against Real and Bayern. They dominated Real home and away. They have an incredibly talented and energetic group of players, and they play as a team with grinta and passion. It's very rare for such a 'small team' to peak like this and have no obvious gaping weaknesses. We need to play to our absolute best, or hope that their inexperience will cause them some silly mistakes that we can exploit.
Will be a great re-match and I think we (Ronaldo) will be up for the task.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He's a second leg master, isn't he? I trust him too for the return match. This is the 5th year in a row where Allegri makes tons of mistakes for leg 1, scans the shit out of the opponents and fixes everything for the 2nd leg. With the exception of the opening 45 minutes in London vs Tottenham last year, every second leg match was perfect, including those two matches in Munich and Madrid when we were eliminated.
That's why we fuck up Finals where there is no second chance :(

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you didn't watch Ajax against Real and Bayern. They dominated Real home and away. They have an incredibly talented and energetic group of players, and they play as a team with grinta and passion. It's very rare for such a 'small team' to peak like this and have no obvious gaping weaknesses. We need to play to our absolute best, or hope that their inexperience will cause them some silly mistakes that we can exploit.
Will be a great re-match and I think we (Ronaldo) will be up for the task.
Better fully rest him and everyone else possible against SPAL.

Dec 27, 2003
I missed Can in this.
Hey sally how are you.

You know I really thought and think to this day that Islam is one appallingly retrograde ideology, but then I moved back to Europe after 7 straight years and by GOD have we turned FAST into a blob of trash-headed troglodytes, let's be honest we deserve what's coming at us and that's xi dada's thought.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
True, Allegri will always be Allegri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)