[CL] Ajax 1-1 JUVENTUS [April 10th, 2019] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
in case anyone interested: gds ratings

juve:

gds.jpg

both teams and coaches got a 7
best ajax players: de jong, de ligt, neres (7 all of them)
worst ajax player: tadic (5)
ref: 5, he should have awarded that penalty

i mostly agree with these ratings tbh. i'm biased towards pjanic so i tend to overrate him; other ratings are accurate. my mom was bentancur.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

juve:

gds.jpg

i mostly agree with these ratings tbh. i'm biased towards pjanic so i tend to overrate him; other ratings are accurate. my mom was bentancur.
Mandzukic was the worst player against Ajax

Sep 13, 2015
We always suffer against high pressing teams because of Allegri's tactical philosophy - Play it slow and safe, don't make risks and don't concede a goal. This works only in Italy cause the majority of teams are afraid of us and play old fashioned defensive tactics.

But look what happened when Atalanta pressed us in the cup. This could've easily happened again if Ajax used their chances.

Now, when we play sides that have attacking philosophy like Barcelona, R. Madrid or Ajax, we struggle to hurt them because we're not used to exploit their obvious weaknesses simply because they attack you with all their players and Max wants to play it safe.

We only do well against teams who defend in their half, thus we have lots of possession because of slow build up play and horizontal passes. Our philosophy doesn't allow us to fully express our attacking potential, thus a lot of players seem like they can't reach their full potential here. They only improve tactically.

I believe in Max to turn this around, but I also think he needs to evolve into a coach with attacking mindset in Europe when you finally have players like Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa, Kean and Bernardeschi.

So if you can't counter press and attack teams like Ajax, Barcelona and Real Madrid, they just get more confident going forward and will eventually score cause u don't go over your half.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think the blame lies with players as much as him. You can tell by his words post-game that he wasn't happy with how certain players interpreted his tactics. There were poor attacking games by Pjanic, Mandzukic, Alex Sandro and largely Bernardeschi. Cancelo played within himself so we lost that side. Matuidi isn't expected to create.

Basically I think that when Pjanic doesn't get to grips with the game and goes missing with his foot on the ball - which does happen more than I'd like - then we lose half of our attacking capacity. When Mandzukic ambles around like he's just survived a nuclear strike then that's another 20% gone. Allegri can do so much but when players don't hold onto the ball then it comes back at you and suddenly looks like a defensive performance.

I thought our technical performance was just as generally shit as it was in Madrid, but Ajax are a bit greener than Atletico are.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
The player that dissapoints me most was/is Cancelo.Yes he make that pass prior to our scoring but other than that he was flop of the match .Defensively ultra poor,error prone,dribbling all the time even when it wasn't necessary very bad display..

Mar 10, 2009
I think the blame lies with players as much as him. You can tell by his words post-game that he wasn't happy with how certain players interpreted his tactics. There were poor attacking games by Pjanic, Mandzukic, Alex Sandro and largely Bernardeschi. Cancelo played within himself so we lost that side. Matuidi isn't expected to create.

Basically I think that when Pjanic doesn't get to grips with the game and goes missing with his foot on the ball - which does happen more than I'd like - then we lose half of our attacking capacity. When Mandzukic ambles around like he's just survived a nuclear strike then that's another 20% gone. Allegri can do so much but when players don't hold onto the ball then it comes back at you and suddenly looks like a defensive performance.

I thought our technical performance was just as generally shit as it was in Madrid, but Ajax are a bit greener than Atletico are.
Well why not play Kean? I could not understand how are most in form player, bar Ronaldo, did not even play. I think the draw flattered us to be honest. But then again going off Allegri record, he appears to use the first leg to test his opponent out for the second.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Guys are you series ??

It's an Italian team .... an Italian mentality team ...played away game ...and asking for fancy football .....
I never saw this since i supported this club .... but we will win at home with style ....

Sometimes i really want us to ' PLAY ' football .... but I acknowledged .... Allegri is not aggressive coach ... he successfully nullified Ajax strength to almost zero except Cancelo mistake ....and this is ....in Italian mentality was successful approach ....

now at home ...we will wipe them on the floor ....

So to play away & at home with same intensity & approach this will never gonna happen

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Guys are you series ??

It's an Italian team .... an Italian mentality team ...played away game ...and asking for fancy football .....
I never saw this since i supported this club .... but we will win at home with style ....

Sometimes i really want us to ' PLAY ' football .... but I acknowledged .... Allegri is not aggressive coach ... he successfully nullified Ajax strength to almost zero except Cancelo mistake ....and this is ....in Italian mentality was successful approach ....

now at home ...we will wipe them on the floor ....

So to play away & at home with same intensity & approach this will never gonna happen
Agree and Disagree
Agree with the first part - I think we played well although obviously there is room for improvement but it was nothing like the 0-2 loss at Madrid to Atletico
Disagree regarding the nullified Ajax strength to almost zero - I dont about you but I saw Ajax doing some extraordinary moves and get some chances.
I do expect us to limit De Jong better in the 2nd leg therefore limiting Ajax even further.
P.S I would keep an eye on Neres developement - I think this guy has some potential in him..

As for MOTM - Overall its easy to say as its De Jong followed by De Ligt but if you look only at Juve I think Rugani did a terrific job while C.Ronaldo showed why the CL should be called CRL..
Pole was very good on goal
A.Sandro had a great game IMO
My vote is going to Rugani but only by a small margin over A.Sandro

- - - Updated - - -

juve:

gds.jpg

What penalty?

- - - Updated - - -

That was a cleariest penalty on Bentacur.Where are usual wankers in Italy to cry now.All the papers and sport TV shows were full of Sandro's "penalty" against Milan.Very quiet now.
Can you post a link What penalty are you talking about?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
tagliafico's foul on bentancur. clear penalty.

Yap I see it now - I havent noticed it during the game but VAR should have stepped in.. Anyway no reason to cry as mistakes happen when you use a technology you arent used to use...
We are Juve we dont whine - Now lets bring the scudetto and then show them who is the boss in Turin!

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Yap I see it now - I havent noticed it during the game but VAR should have stepped in.. Anyway no reason to cry as mistakes happen when you use a technology you arent used to use...
We are Juve we dont whine - Now lets bring the scudetto and then show them who is the boss in Turin!
ITs frustrating because it would have been his second yellow too. I dont really understand how VAR referee didnt see it. Cant blame the main ref tho.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Something I noticed tonight about the Rugani Bonucci partnership was how awkward Bonucci looks with the ball when playing on the left side. This also made it harder for Rugani and the full backs as Bonucci wasn't an easy option to pass too
What was the reason in doing that anyway? It's not like we lose Rugani's passing ability if we play him LCB...Bonucci on the other hand can actually make things happen if played RCB. Can Rugani only play on the right or what? Or did we simple try to make it as easy as possible for Rugani?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)