Circumcision, hip or lame? (4 Viewers)

What do you think?

• Hip

• Lame

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We decide who is being more immoral. We consider what a perfect country should be acting in such a stituation, when this country, say Israel, does not act accordingly to the most suitable manner(promoting peace between the two nations) then we may say that Israel are acting immorally.
answer this please,
Since: We are always looking from our subjective eyes
Therefore: Objective judgment is impossible
Question: How do we come to know this objective law?
Answer: Subjectively.
Question: How can we know any objective truth objectively then?
Answer: We can't, but the best we have is when there is unanimous agreement.
Question: Is there a unanimous agreement that the objective moral law exists?
Answer: Hell no

My subjective conclusion: You have a subjective faith in the existence of an allegedly objective law.

My view of Morality: An action is deemed moral or immoral relatively to the situations and back grounds of the people involved as well as the people judging.
Ex: Killing.
- Muslims: Killing while defending the name of God is morally more than a Good action.
- Murder: Killing the innocent is seen as a wrong action.
- Court: Executing a Murderer is a good deed, helping him escape is a bad one.
- Muslim Sharia Law: Killing apostates is a neutral action(Recently changed by a new Fatwa under the pretense that it used to be the right action back then but not anymore, its detailed but i can spill it out).
- Court: Killing in self defense is not an bad action
- Ancient Arabia: Killing as a Revenge is a good action.

See? its all the same action of killing a human being but the situation differs and the time differs. Further, as time goes by we are changing our moral codes, adding and editing it. The world as well as the human beings are changing. You cannot apply the same rules for cave men as well as noble prize winners.

Don't argue in specific examples.. argue about concepts

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What right do they have to impose their moral standard if it wasn't the right one? How can they intervene in another country's business, why is their moral standard better than Indonesia's?

They are humans, humans are more valuable than cheap products.
Because they say it is.

And the UN is a pretty democratic organisation, which involves almost the entire world, so your example is pretty poor to begin with.

Jun 13, 2007
This is insane. After days and days of explaining it to him, the man still has no idea what objective means.
You clearly have no idea whatI'm saying do you? I know what objectivity means FFS, it's not a difficult word, you don't understand the concept. Why don't you try thinking about what I;m saying instead of trolling around like a robot.

Really, take a second, take a deep breath, think of why The UN's moral standard is more right than that of other Asian countires and then answer me.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
reply to posts... and
are you seriously arguing that the UN carries the objective moral truth :D?

by the way child labor isnt always wrong but answer my questions and then we see what happens

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
First things first: look up what the UN is. You'll see that there are Asian countries in the UN.

Secondly: the UN's moral standard is better because the UN says it's better. That's it. No God, no objective morality. Tough, huh.

Look up objective and understand it this time.

Jun 13, 2007
Because they say it is.

And the UN is a pretty democratic organisation, which involves almost the entire world, so your example is pretty poor to begin with.
No, it is because their moral standard is more right than a country's standard that allows slavery, child abuse, and women trafficing.

I wish you would understand what I am saying. This is really frsutrating.

You are basically saying that the UN is not necessarily doing the right thing, they are just doing it becausethey have the power to do it. A country that allows all the atrocities I mentioned above is only in violation of the law but not in violation of morality.

Fucking ridiculous.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No, it is because their moral standard is more right than a country's standard that allows slavery, child abuse, and women trafficing.

You are basically saying that the UN is not necessarily doing the right thing, they are just doing it becausethey have the power to do it. A country that allows all the atrocities I mentioned above is only in violation of the law but not in violation of morality.

Fucking ridiculous.
Are you honestly saying that's not what they do? My oh my.

The country violates the legal laws and violates the moral laws created by the UN. It does not violate an objective moral truth as no such thing exists.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

Fucking ridiculous.
Really, it seems you are living a world of your own.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #174

Fucking ridiculous.
    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! It cannot be!! I have never seen a stronger impose his rules on a weaker :eek: :eek: It cannot be! It is impossible!!

Seriously, JuveRev, how naive can you get?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Are you honestly saying that's not what they do? My oh my.

The country violates the legal laws and violates the moral laws created by the UN. It does not violate an objective moral truth as no such thing exists.
    But Andries... Laws don't reflect societal morals, they only reflect power:cry: .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Not a big fan of Indonesia or the UN, so no need to continue here.

Seriously, is there any way to combine these threads? Too many discussions going on that are very similar.

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009

Fucking ridiculous.

The Un is itself picked by members from several countries so there is no way in hell that God gave them this moral code, they invented it. And they too change it update it etc..

currently their rules are the best as they are the most useful to the world now.
    When we judge an act we do compare it to a standard or else we wouldnt be debating however each man has his own standard and please counter argue my previous two posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)