Christian Poulsen (8 Viewers)

Should Poulsen be part of the Juve squad for the 2010/11 season?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on who is signed and what offers are made for Poulsen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
His release clause was set at 10m €. If we payed the 10m we could have bought him without negotiating with Sevilla.
Instead, we negotiated with them and we saved 250K
Great negotiating skills. :D

It seems Dog has liked him already,I heard that Poulsen came with special dog biscuits from Denmark for his new friend.
:rofl2:

Buy on AliExpress.com

mondo1

May 14, 2006
as i said poulsen is not an bad player but as u all said he is a warrior and i don't see any use of another warrior (only if sissoko gets injured)... he may be a good addition if u look at squad depth (quantity is also needed) but still we lack the quality (xabi)

its maybe just another media bs but rosina seems to be not happy at torino... with him and gio...

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
His release clause was set at 10m €. If we payed the 10m we could have bought him without negotiating with Sevilla.

If you add up all the pennies.

Seriously, this is practically capitulation. We got this guy and couldn't even get him reasonably cheap even though he's not young.

mondo1

May 14, 2006

yes but we did not only save the 250k we will pay the 9.75 mil with installments...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
yes but we did not only save the 250k we will pay the 9.75 mil with installments...
That's nothing new. We pay every transfer in 3 or 4 yearly installments.
Teams rarely ask for all the money at once. I know Arsenal are asking for the total sum at once for Adebayor, but all the others work with installments.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
That's nothing new. We pay every transfer in 3 or 4 yearly installments.
Teams rarely ask for all the money at once. I know Arsenal are asking for the total sum at once for Adebayor, but all the others work with installments.
i just want to think positiv :D

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Looking back, you wonder why anyone ever thought that Diego would come. We are as yet (post calciopoli)to successfully sign someone in a competitive situation ie someone another decent team wants and we are competing for their signature. Guys like him are hot property and the 'triade' has clearly shown that they arent capable of luring a person who another team but us wants. Maybe I'm not fully appreciating the severity of calciopoli on our attractiveness to WC players, I dont know

It still makes the failure to capture Xabi all so much more fukd up coz we were the only team to show a serious interest and it seems (so far), we have failed. I hope I'm wrong

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
and Poulsen is a god...of pwning midfielders.
We're yet to see that.

Did you forget the hotels, plane travels and other expenses?

let's call him Lego, then.
Or Tulip.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i just want to think positiv :D
Actually, you were spot on for mentioning the installments. If we didn't negotiate with Sevilla and decided to simply buy out his contract, we would have to pay the 10m at once.

Luckily (or unfortunately, depends on how you look at this transfer), Sevilla didn't want to keep Poulsen for 1 more year and lose him as a free agent next season, so they were willing to negotiate it with us and to let him go for less than 10m, payed in yearly installments.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ranieri just announced that Poulsen is the last signing we'll do. We are just waiting for a backup keeper and we're done, the squad is strong :D

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Ranieri: Poulsen final Juve buy

Claudio Ranieri has disappointed Juventus fans by announcing, “our transfer market is closed” after signing Christian Poulsen.

The unpopular Danish midfielder put pen to paper on a five-year contract to complete his £7.8m move from Sevilla this evening.

“With Poulsen our transfer activity is essentially over. Now we are just missing a second choice goalkeeper,” said Ranieri from their Pinzolo pre-season training camp.

“I am very happy with the results and thank the club for having given me a solid squad.”

Poulsen's arrival has been met by widespread protests among the Bianconeri supporters, who would have preferred Xabi Alonso from Liverpool.

“With Poulsen we continue the project that started before I arrived here to build a Juventus side at the highest level.

“I asked for two players for every position and I got them. Now we have to work hard and push it all the way.

“With this new signing we have quality in midfield. Whoever is unconvinced by Poulsen's talents will just have to be proved wrong.”

:tdown:

I miss those days of when they said the mercato was over we ended up in August with 2-3 stars in the squad.

He also said from what I read that he chose Poulsen over Xabi because he brought more cover and is more ready for the Serie A. :shocked2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)