Christian Chivu (3 Viewers)

OP
king Ale

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
  • Thread Starter #105
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

That is rubbish if you ask me. Thuram has been a world class defender for years now. Chivu is one of the best young defenders in the world, but he is no Lilian, not yet.
    but Thuram is close to finish.so if you think to Juve future,you'd accept that Chivu is a good option even if we miss Thuram because of him.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
    to be honest, is thuram really that good?
    No, he's not. He was the world's best right back at one point, and he is a very good central defender. However, as the weeks pass he is losing it more and more. We saw some very uncharacteristic errors from him last year. This year, he's got a lot more help at the back, but you can still tell that he isn't the world-beater he once was. He's still our second best central defender, but he's not irreplaceable.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    thuram was considered as world best DR at that instant was only because there is no1 else ... IMO, he isnt that great, n yes, we need a long term replacement

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++
    thuram was considered as world best DR at that instant was only because there is no1 else ... IMO, he isnt that great, n yes, we need a long term replacement
    You could always look at it that way, if you chose to be so cynical...:groan:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    I wouldn't say it is impossible since Roma is now in financial crisis and r planning to keep Montella, Cassano + Totti. Delvecchio is already sacrificed, so I think this goes for other players too.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    Thuram was good but now is not that we say reliable.He makes errors and you are afraid of him that he will make an error every time

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    true, but Thuram is great in many games. It's just that he isnt good all the time, like Cannavaro :p

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
    Do u think guys Sensi is stupid enough to let us have Chivu for Legro? (even if we have to add some cash)
    legro isnt that bad, so it's a fair deal :D

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Hey hey hey look wad's up lads

Chivu could quit Roma Tuesday 1 March, 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristian Chivu has admitted that he’s unsure whether he will still be playing for Roma next season.

Juventus, Milan, Inter and Real Madrid are believed to be monitoring his situation and the stopper could be tempted to leave the Eternal City.

"My future depends on the project here, a project that I am yet to be informed of," he told Tuttosport.

"Nobody can promise anything in this world because this game is no longer simply a sport.

"A lot has changed here, we’ve had injuries and a host of suspensions to deal with this season.

"I am happy in this city but I don’t know what the future holds for me."

The former Ajax man, who was a revelation last season, has played just one game this term after having foot surgery twice.

He recently returned to training but he’s still unlikely to be available for the visit of Juventus on Saturday night.

Meanwhile, the Turin giants are reportedly ready to make Roma an enticing bid for Antonio Cassano.

His contract expires in 2006 and Juve will reportedly offer cash, plus Adrian Mutu and Shabani Nonda – a player who could arrive on a free transfer from Monaco in the summer.

source: channel4.com

Webber

Feb 27, 2005
    Lilian Thuram played in DR, because Lippi wished so. But in his heart he isn't DR but DC. And Cappello knows that. And this year Lilian makes lees mistakes as last year did. And I think Thuram has in front of him at least 3 years pro carrer at Juve. Look at Stam.
    And BTW those Roma exchanges. If Roma fails to enter CL qualifies, i can guarantee you, that many player will left the club - Totti, Chivu, Mancini. So I think, that we can't miss Totti chance, because he's an Italian and Chivu chance, because he will become one of the best DC in the world.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    i m not sure he will become,
    there are so many hwo MAY become,
    chivu really was a roma fun since he was a child,
    he isnt fit anymore probably and he might get injured many times in the future again, y sould we risk so bad on him?
    cause he comes from roma?
    we are not so desperately need CBs we need RorLBs by the time chiellini comes we can use zebina as a backup he can sub CBs as well and just buy barzagli or bonera ofr the future, we do have much more imediat needs now upfront

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    i m not sure he will become,
    there are so many who MAY become,
    chivu really was a roma fun since he was a child,
    he isnt fit anymore probably and he might get injured many times in the future again, y sould we risk so bad on him?
    cause he comes from roma?
    we are not so desperately need CBs we need RorLBs by the time chiellini comes we can use zebina as a backup he can sub CBs as well and just buy barzagli or bonera ofr the future, we do have much more imediat needs now upfront

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Thuram was a great defender the best RB ever IMO but he isn`t what he used to be he is still good but not as he once was
    We do need a replacement but now he is a CB so that means we have other player at RB Zebina and with players like Zebina we should find this replacement very fast and on the way it wouldn`t hurt us find a replacement for Thuram eigther he isn`t getting any younger and he surely not as he was a couple of years ago and as his age goes his form will go too
    by the way there are Ibanez Barazagli Kompany who do you think is the best? or maybe other defender?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)