Christian Chivu (2 Viewers)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Chivu launches Roma attack Monday 18 April, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristian Chivu has raised doubts over his Roma future after criticising the outfit for a "disastrous" season.

The Romanian, who is a reported transfer target for both Inter and Juventus, has failed to commit his future to the club after a heated media conference on Monday.

"It has been a disastrous season but don’t ask me whether I am staying or not," said the left-back. "There is nothing certain in life. All that I know is that I have a contract here.

"If the club could give me guarantees then it would be simpler to make a decision but they have been absent so far.

"As they have been of late surrounding Matteo Ferrari. He’s been heavily criticised in these weeks but the club haven’t defended him."

The former Ajax player joined the outfit when they were real Scudetto contenders but he now fears that they even risk the threat of relegation.

"From now on we need to look over our shoulders because we are in danger of going down," added the player who scored in the 2-1 loss against Reggina.

"It is tough for a player who is used to winning to continue on this road. We need a project and require balance."

Roma have had four coaches this term and Chivu believes the loss of Fabio Capello in the summer was a major blow.

"Everything has happened this season," he added. "The first problem was that we lacked a leader. Last year we had Capello who helped with this but then he left."

Chivu also seemed to question the tactics of caretaker boss Bruno Conti, for continuing to simultaneously field Vincenzo Montella, Antonio Cassano and Francesco Totti.

"We play with a trident attack and that causes us to struggle in defence," continued the international.

"However, I respect Conti’s decisions. He is an important figure at this club and he can still do a lot for the future."

source: channel4.com

Now look at this! :D

May 4, 2004
omg.. i like this... plzzz MOGGI! get this guy!! he is fantastic.. and then FINALLY we would have a PLAYER who can score on freekick.. :D

Rightback-------------Leftback
Zambro-Canna-Chivu-Chiellini

NICE!! C C C ! :)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Chivu is going to become one of the top five defenders in the world, I am pretty much sure of it. He has so much techincal ability for a defender it's almost unbelievable. He needs to get out of his Roman disaster and come to Juventus.

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Chivu is going to become one of the top five defenders in the world, I am pretty much sure of it. He has so much techincal ability for a defender it's almost unbelievable. He needs to get out of his Roman disaster and come to Juventus.
imo he will never become one of the top 5, he has loads of ability but that dnt make a gud defender and i dnt think his actual defending is world class standard. he is a class act though and can play left bak/centre bak

zambro thuram canna chivu

solid bakline, but after 1 more year thuram has to go.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++

imo he will never become one of the top 5, he has loads of ability but that dnt make a gud defender and i dnt think his actual defending is world class standard. he is a class act though and can play left bak/centre bak

zambro thuram canna chivu

solid bakline, but after 1 more year thuram has to go.
Have you ever seen him defend? He is very subtle and tactical in his tackling, no worse than Thuram IMO. He's not as good of a tackler as Cannavaro obviously, however everything Fabio lacks Chivu has. The latter also reads the game like no other, so IMO he will become one of the top defenders in the world. I'm fairly sure of it, barring any injuries of course. He's also one hell of a leader.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)