Chivu (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I will take Chivu over Mexes too. And I would swap Trez with Chivu.

Right now, I think with likes of Bianchi, Huntelaar, Saviola, Pizarro on the wings, who can come in pretty cheap, they are players who gurantees goal even if they may not be prolificc as Trezeguet. But players of Chivu is really in short supply ATM. Watching likes of Maldini, Nesta, Canna, Matrix and Costacourt, I think the shelf-life of defender these days are far longer than before, thus if we buy Chivu right now, we could have a defender next decade or so. In contrast, I think Davids has only couple of good years left in the tank, and surely now is the last time we can get reasonable financial return on his sale. All said and done, I do think we should keep Trez, and Roma won't give away Chivu, when they are team are couple of signigns away from being a big boy at an European stage. But if contract extension isnt going too smoothly and Roma are interested in such offer, then we should defintely do this deal.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
We don't need a striker, because we have Trezeguet. If we trade Trezeguet for Chivu, will need a new striker. Not a smart deal, if you ask me.
i would tend to agree with you normally but i see this as a great deal. but only if we buy huntelaar can this be considered. we are in desperate need of a defender from the top drawer and chivu fits teh mould for me.

however i have to say that roma with a forward like trez will be serious title contenders. if trez goes there i can see him smashing 20+ goals next season

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
A striker in the final year of his contract...
Which could be prolonged.

Easier for us to find a striker than defender. Though not with Davids quality. Anyway, Chivu is one of the best CB's ATM. would be shame to loose him if we're really linked to him.
i would tend to agree with you normally but i see this as a great deal. but only if we buy huntelaar can this be considered. we are in desperate need of a defender from the top drawer and chivu fits teh mould for me.

however i have to say that roma with a forward like trez will be serious title contenders. if trez goes there i can see him smashing 20+ goals next season

I agree about Chivu's quality, but I think we could get him without sacrificing Trezeguet.

I beleive Trez' inclusion in the team is vital for next season. The experience, continuity and goals he guarantees provide stability in what will probably be a newly built squad.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Chivu has always been a dream that will never happen. :cry:

Mexes is more likely to happen, since his contract expires in 2008. Mexes would be a nice addition too, but nothing beats getting the pair of Chivu-Samuel! That would be freaking awesome.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Which could be prolonged.

I agree about Chivu's quality, but I think we could get him without sacrificing Trezeguet.

I beleive Trez' inclusion in the team is vital for next season. The experience, continuity and goals he guarantees provide stability in what will probably be a newly built squad.
oh you dont need to convince me of that i have been one of treze's staunchest supporters in the past season, when others were doubting his ability to hit the back of the net. sure trez has had a poor season by his previous high standards but i will never doubt his goal poaching ability, there is simply no-one better at what he does.

however, i feel that sorting out our defense is the main priority for next season.
i dont see iaquinta as a replacement for trezegol, more a zalayeta/bojinov replacement(on the bench most games) so i only see this deal going through if we bring in huntelaar or some other top player.

the board should definately attempt to purchase chivu straight out but if they have the right strategy tehn the loss of trez could be lessened

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
oh you dont need to convince me of that i have been one of treze's staunchest supporters in the past season, when others were doubting his ability to hit the back of the net. sure trez has had a poor season by his previous high standards but i will never doubt his goal poaching ability, there is simply no-one better at what he does.

however, i feel that sorting out our defense is the main priority for next season.
i dont see iaquinta as a replacement for trezegol, more a zalayeta/bojinov replacement(on the bench most games) so i only see this deal going through if we bring in huntelaar or some other top player.

the board should definately attempt to purchase chivu straight out but if they have the right strategy tehn the loss of trez could be lessened
I agree with you really, except for Chivu over Trezeguet. I just can't imagine Trez in that Roma shirt playing against us.. That would simply downright suck.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I agree with you really, except for Chivu over Trezeguet. I just can't imagine Trez in that Roma shirt playing against us.. That would simply downright suck.
oh definatelt and the amount of scoring ooportunities he would get in rome would be mind boggling, like i say i would expect him to score 20+goals in his first season there, with the addition of coppa,Cl goals as well.

if tahts the only way we get chivi then ok but i would be loathe to lose trez, never mind to one of our rivals

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Chivu staying with Roma Thursday 24 May, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristian Chivu wants to stay with Roma despite the latest transfer rumours, according to the defender’s agent.

The Romanian international has been paired with a summer move to a host of clubs reportedly interested in his services, including Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Inter and Juventus.

Chivu’s contract with the Giallorossi expires in 2008 and he has yet to begin negotiations over a new contract with the club.

“Cristian wants to stay here,” insisted Chivu’s agent Andrea Pretti when talking to Radio Incontro.

“The situation is much more simple than it seems, if there were something going on it would follow a more linear route,” added the Romanista’s representative.

“If someone is interested in Chivu they must go to Trigoria and speak with the club officials,” explained Pretti.

“Cristian’s will is to stay here. There is plenty of time to schedule a meeting with the management and there is no need to write it down on our agenda.”

Pretti admitted that the defender, who moved to Roma from Ajax in 2003, was close to joining Inter two years ago.

“The Nerazzurri made an offer for him. The move failed, but the operation was clear,” he claimed.

“I recently read that we had finalised a deal with Juventus last week and there were details published in the Press, but that negotiation never took place.

“The media should be more careful and professional when doing their job,” concluded the agent.

Channel 4

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
LOL 80% of the time these asshole agents are the ones leaking bullshit rumours to the press and now they r saying the media should be professional...F$$K OFF!!!

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

oh definatelt and the amount of scoring ooportunities he would get in rome would be mind boggling, like i say i would expect him to score 20+goals in his first season there, with the addition of coppa,Cl goals as well.

if tahts the only way we get chivi then ok but i would be loathe to lose trez, never mind to one of our rivals
He would be the new Batistuta for them. We definetly mustn't sell him to our rivals. As Dom said, it would downright suck.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
Inter close in on Chivu Saturday 2 June, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter are close to announcing a deal for Cristian Chivu that would give Walter Samuel, David Pizarro and £3m to Roma.

The Nerazzurri have never made a secret of their interest in the former Ajax defender and have been actively trying to tempt him away for several seasons.

The turning point is set to come this summer with contract renegotiations hitting obstacles, so the Giallorossi are finally ready to release the Romanian.

It’s reported that Inter have offered to hand over the remaining half of Pizarro’s contract – as he moved to Roma on a co-ownership deal this term – plus former Olimpico fan favourite Samuel and £3m cash.

Another option would be World Cup winning left-back Fabio Grosso, but the Argentine is more suited as a direct replacement for Chivu in central defence.

The five-year contract has been drawn up worth £2.7m at San Siro.

Channel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)