[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bordeaux (Sep. 15th 2009) (6 Viewers)

Juve - Bordeaux [CL Group Round 1] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Zebina

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• The wet pitch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
No, everyone who has a bad match can be criticised and other members shouldn't be offended.

If one of Buffon/ Trez/Del Piero/ Camo has a bad match, i will criticise them. If one of the disliked figures like Molinaro or Tiago (or Ranieri previously) has a good match, i will praise them.

Of course, an idiot will always take it personally if you say that Buffon/Del Piero/Trez/Camo was awful or that Molinaro/Tiago was great and i swear i will never ever reply anymore to people who can't see the difference between Del Piero was awful tonight and Del Piero is an awful player or Molinaro/Tiago was very good tonight and Tiago/Molinaro is a very good player.
+rep

Anyway, I have no doubt in my mind that we will qualify (hell, I'm pretty sure we'll get the 1st place).

Buy on AliExpress.com

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Come on, Relax men.. Actually i hate the result we get especially when we have a absolutely great chance to win the game at injury time.. It can cost us later..

For Marchisio, i always he work rate in midfield, but he need to improve his attacking capability to be a great player..

We are look vulnerable on the flank.. I don't think it just about our fullbacks performances but also the play system.. If u see again the game against Bordeaux, Lazio, Roma, even the friendly against Villareal.. the opponent always attack from there

Yes, our performances is not so good especially in ball possession .. but actually i realize it since our first Serie A game and pre season.. We played bad against Chievo in 2nd half, against Roma, Lazio and Bordeaux in 1st half..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
^^ Me too, 2# will start slipping away, if we dont win now!

So, is our gameplay already addicted to Diego's presence??
Usually Melo, Marchisio and Giovinco are more helpful, more like they were in the second half. But why were they so... little yesterday??
At times we were looking just like the Juve who played Villareal...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
real worried about this bayern game, we need to step up our game hopefully this abismal performance was due to fatigue.

we gotta hope bordeaux slip up, although i can see some bullshit like them beating bayern happening and us finishing 3rd...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Now i'm already worried about game against bayern : robben and ribery !
That's pretty much the first thing that came to mind when I saw the score. Hopefully we'll have DP by then.
Oh god, please let Trez get back to full fitness.

While your at it, Diego too.
Amen.
Of course, it's not a surprise that many here do indeed think you're a female poster.
:lol2:

It seems as plain as the nose on my face, and noses run in my family, that Gio is not big enough to fill Diego's boots.
:lol2:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
What a disappointing night yesterday. I really had great expectations for this game and expected to see a very good & extremely motivated Juve. I didn't, especially in the 1st half.
Bordeaux obviously deserves a lot of credit for this too. They played a very good game in difficult circumstances.
The end result is fair, no doubt about it. Both teams had enough chances to win the game, were it not for some bad luck / great saves.

Nothing is lost yet, but losing points in one of your only 3 home games is always an extremely bad thing in a competition like the CL. Pressure on us is going to be immense in the next game(s).

Buffon 8 - Mom. Kept us in the game numerous times.
Caceres 5 - Again, I saw some nice stuff from him & he is definitely a talented player. Right now however, as a defender (both RB & CB), he is a major liability. When Canna came off and he replaced him at CB I became very frightened.
Legrottaglie 5,5 - Not disastrous by any means, but he did have quite a few troubles.
Cannavaro 6,5 - Not as secure as usual in defence, but still ok. The killer pass to Iaquinta obviously ups his rating.
Grosso 6,5 - Probably our best defender of the night. A number of important last second tackles / interceptions. Kept going forward all the time, with little result though.
Marchisio 6 - Not great, but usually very usefull. Keeps going for the entire 90 min. Should have scored though.
Melo 6 - Important performance but had a lot of troubles organising play in the middle. Was overrun at times.
Tiago 5,5 - Comparable game with Marchisio's, but less involved.
Giovinco 5,5 - As we know he is a talented player, but it only showed at times. Some nifty turns & footwork were let down buy bad decision making. Lost the ball quite often & his corners (as well as other standard situations) ranged from great to embarassing.
Amauri 5,5 - Rather poor showing by his great standards. Tried to play his usual game but ended up with very little to show for. You can't blame his workrate though. Unlucky not to score.
Iaquinta 6,5 - Comparable to Amauri, but Iaq did score a great & important goal.

Zebina 6 - Give this man the starting RB spot please.
Camoranesi 5 - Another questionable performance. He is not in great form. At least he didn't make any stupid fouls after foolishly loosing the ball.
Poulsen NA - Looked great in those few minutes. Too bad he's no finisher.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
no need to worry, neither Bayern nor Bordeaux will win all from now on
they still need to play eachother and there is no reason why we can't win at Bordeaux
the only games we must win are against that Israeli side, they really weren't that bad

sidd

Sep 1, 2005
Okayish performancel.....We could`ve played much better and should have wrapped this one up easily. Even so, its a draw,....and even during our heydays we`ve been notorious for starting slowly in the CL. Things will only get better from here once our starters are back.
Cacares and Grosso, give em the benefit of doubt, Grosso hasnt even practised much with the team......give em an extended run so they settle in well.
Giovinco.....im a fan.....but he really needs to work on his upper body strength......goes to ground often and is easily taken out or marked out of the game.

Jul 15, 2006
Okayish performancel.....We could`ve played much better and should have wrapped this one up easily. Even so, its a draw,....and even during our heydays we`ve been notorious for starting slowly in the CL. Things will only get better from here once our starters are back.
Cacares and Grosso, give em the benefit of doubt, Grosso hasnt even practised much with the team......give em an extended run so they settle in well.
Giovinco.....im a fan.....but he really needs to work on his upper body strength......goes to ground often and is easily taken out or marked out of the game.

Yo, how'd you watch the game?

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
I'm looking forward to the SerieA game already. :depressed
Lets hope Juve gets all fired up and beats the living hell out of Livorno. :devil:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Not a good performance. Dissapointing is the best word I guess. We could've done much more i'm sure, let's hope we take that lesson to heart. Most players were afraid to take the initiative. We are tough to break down once more, which helps but we were without sting and couldn't control the game's tempo. We were afraid to play and it costed us. Of course the Bordeaux' goal was offside, but our performance didn't warrant a better result, even though I beleived 'till the end we would be lucky enough to run away with it.

The forwards and midfielders couldn't find eachother, we were too disjointed. I liked our midfield in the defensive phase, but I disliked all the more what I saw offensively. Giovinco was up there all alone and severely lacks match fitness, evident in a lot of the simple decision making. Tiago was a ghost, only in the last minutes he came alive somewhat. I hate seeing him in the first line-up honestly, as he really doesn't add anything. Marchisio and Melo were decent, but again.. more so in defence than in offence. They won a lot of balls and made a tremendous amount of metres i'm sure, but couldn't grab the inititiave and squandered a lot of possesion. Melo was the only in midfield that tried any vertical passes. The midfield was couldn't find any room. Amauri and Iaquinta were simply dissapointing.

The defence was alright, with the exception of Caceres' mistakes late game. The backs could've added more offensively, but both are new players. Cannavaro was great, but Buffon saved our asses a bunch of times.

I thought Ferrara's subbing of Cannavaro seemed a little overconfident and amateurish even and it costed us a sub, Trezeguet could've added something late on, especially as our forwards were dire. Ferrara could've brought on Camoranesi even for one the strikers and move Giovinco more ahead. I liked what Poulsen as a sub showed, a game of substance. I prefer seeeing Poulsen to Tiago. Most 'creative' play came from our defenders, especially in the first half, not good also. We need to improve our passing game and cohesion, too many players playing their own game. Blanc had Ferrara's midfield tied down. This was not Ferrara's best game.

I'm still confident about our team, but we have to do much better than yesterday.

Buffon 7.5 Superman
Caceres 5.5 Average
Legrottaglie 6 Rushed
Cannavaro 7 Experienced
(Zebina 6.5 fresh)
Grosso 5.5 Unaccustomed
Melo 5.5 Combative
Marchisio 5.5 Tentative
Tiago 4.5 Useless
(Poulsen 6 promising)
Giovinco 5.5 Searching
(Camoranesi 5.5 unproductive)
Amauri 4.5 Disorientated
Iaquinta 5.5 One-decent-touch

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Melo to be rested for Livorno game 100 %, but Amauri should be paired with Trez, so he can hopefully brake the bad luck patch!
Benching Amauri is the best thing to do. He will only break the bad luck by being sidelined.

I would start Giovinco Trezeguet up front and field a 4-4-2 against Livorno

Buffon
Zebina Legrottaglie Chiellini Grosso
Camoranesi Poulsen Marchisio De Ceglie
Trezeguet Giovinco​

Jan 22, 2009
Benching Amauri is the best thing to do. He will only break the bad luck by being sidelined.

I would start Giovinco Trezeguet up front and field a 4-4-2 against Livorno

Buffon
Zebina Legrottaglie Chiellini Grosso
Camoranesi Poulsen Marchisio De Ceglie
Trezeguet Giovinco​
Imo all he needs is a goal..but i like the 4-4-1-1 idea of yours, Livorno is suitable team for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)