[Champions League] JUVENTUS 1-1 Bordeaux (Sep. 15th 2009) (3 Viewers)

Juve - Bordeaux [CL Group Round 1] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Caceres

• Legrottaglie

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Zebina

• Camoranesi

• Poulsen

• The wet pitch

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
yes thyats true but if that coupled with grygera and caceres is our defence overall im not brimming with confidence.

They may be doing fine but without Giorgio then who have me got? those three?
Hopefully Zebina will stay fit and you won't see much of Caceres and Grygera. I know not many rate Zebina but he's one hell of a right back whether you like it or not. Why are you focused ONLY on last night's match? The season has just started.

breeza10

Jul 16, 2009
Am i the only 1 who thinks that a result like this was around the corner. lately it seems like all the club seems to be doing is talk talk talk when we havent exactly done nothing its only september for f**k sake.

Now we hav 2 get a result in munich other wise we doomed

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Its gonna be hard.....its not too pleasing thinking of Robben vs Grosso and Ribery vs Grygera/Casares/Zebina
The order of the games in the group doesnt helps us coz we'll end at Bordeaux I think and that game could be do or die
We actual finish with bayern at home

Matchday 1
15/09 Juventus 1 - 1 FC Girondins de Bordeaux

15/09 Maccabi Haifa FC 0 - 3 FC Byern München

Matchday 2
30/09 FC Bayern München 20:45 Juventus

30/09 FC Girondins de Bordeaux 20:45 Maccabi Haifa FC

Matchday 3
21/10 FC Girondins de Bordeaux 20:45 FC Bayern München

21/10 Juventus 20:45 Maccabi Haifa FC

Matchday 4
03/11 FC Bayern München 20:45 FC Girondins de Bordeaux

03/11 Maccabi Haifa FC 20:45 Juventus

Matchday 5
25/11 FC Girondins de Bordeaux 20:45 Juventus

25/11 FC Bayern München 20:45 Maccabi Haifa FC

Matchday 6
08/12 Juventus 20:45 FC Bayern München

08/12 Maccabi Haifa FC 20:45 FC Girondins de Bordeaux

Dec 31, 2008
Hopefully Zebina will stay fit and you won't see much of Caceres and Grygera. I know not many rate Zebina but he's one hell of a right back whether you like it or not. Why are you focused ONLY on last night's match? The season has just started.
IMO Caceres will turn out to be a reserve for Zebina or the CB's. I don see him starting unless he starts giving some solid perfomances

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Because this thread is about last nights match.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I saw Tiago only twice in tonight's match. Once during the replay of Plasil's goal and once when he was subbed.
You finally get some hopes after an ok pre-season for him and when it matters the guy goes back to being utter shit, useless ballerina.

What did we do to deserve this cancer in our team? :wallbang:
You can get rid of Almiron, Ranieri, Molinaro, but obviously never of the worst of them all.

Welcome back Tiaga.

Oh, and Marchisio was maybe even worse. He wasn't invisible like Tiago, but at least Tiago's invisibility meant that he wasn't there to pass the ball wrongly all the time.

Grosso and Cannavaro were really shaky and outplayed at the start. Grosso improved later, while Cannavaro completely changed and was excellent as time was passing by. Legro was ok, Caceres a time bomb. Zebina made us more dangerous forward but the dude is making so many silly and needless fouls that it's costing us. After such a foul Bordeaux scored.

Camo, one of my favorites, is starting to go on my nerves. Such indiference and nonchalance must never be allowed.
Iaquinta and Amauri have never been an Inzaghi-type goalscorers and i won't blame them because i always knew that they're working extremely hard, tyring the defense, but they aren't players who score 30 goals a season. Amauri was too unlucky tonight.
Not a good performance. Dissapointing is the best word I guess. We could've done much more i'm sure, let's hope we take that lesson to heart. Most players were afraid to take the initiative. We are tough to break down once more, which helps but we were without sting and couldn't control the game's tempo. We were afraid to play and it costed us. Of course the Bordeaux' goal was offside, but our performance didn't warrant a better result, even though I beleived 'till the end we would be lucky enough to run away with it.

The forwards and midfielders couldn't find eachother, we were too disjointed. I liked our midfield in the defensive phase, but I disliked all the more what I saw offensively. Giovinco was up there all alone and severely lacks match fitness, evident in a lot of the simple decision making. Tiago was a ghost, only in the last minutes he came alive somewhat. I hate seeing him in the first line-up honestly, as he really doesn't add anything. Marchisio and Melo were decent, but again.. more so in defence than in offence. They won a lot of balls and made a tremendous amount of metres i'm sure, but couldn't grab the inititiave and squandered a lot of possesion. Melo was the only in midfield that tried any vertical passes. The midfield was couldn't find any room. Amauri and Iaquinta were simply dissapointing.

The defence was alright, with the exception of Caceres' mistakes late game. The backs could've added more offensively, but both are new players. Cannavaro was great, but Buffon saved our asses a bunch of times.

I thought Ferrara's subbing of Cannavaro seemed a little overconfident and amateurish even and it costed us a sub, Trezeguet could've added something late on, especially as our forwards were dire. Ferrara could've brought on Camoranesi even for one the strikers and move Giovinco more ahead. I liked what Poulsen as a sub showed, a game of substance. I prefer seeeing Poulsen to Tiago. Most 'creative' play came from our defenders, especially in the first half, not good also. We need to improve our passing game and cohesion, too many players playing their own game. Blanc had Ferrara's midfield tied down. This was not Ferrara's best game.

I'm still confident about our team, but we have to do much better than yesterday.

Buffon 7.5 Superman
Caceres 5.5 Average
Legrottaglie 6 Rushed
Cannavaro 7 Experienced
(Zebina 6.5 fresh)
Grosso 5.5 Unaccustomed
Melo 5.5 Combative
Marchisio 5.5 Tentative
Tiago 4.5 Useless
(Poulsen 6 promising)
Giovinco 5.5 Searching
(Camoranesi 5.5 unproductive)
Amauri 4.5 Disorientated
Iaquinta 5.5 One-decent-touch
Pretty much agreed on most what you guys bring up and it is disappointing that the team couldn't step up.

Just a couple observations:

- Amauri possibly played his worst game and he seems to be at the stage where the striker tries too much to score. He hasn't been at the level he started with last year and i think Ciro should consider benching him in the next game.

While we're at underperformance Marchisio didn't fair too well too. I think he is still getting used to the system as he seems not sure when/where to move forward. So lets hope he gets his form back.

- Caceras needs time. Everyone wanted young defenders and thats what you get with them at times.

- Ciro is another one thats learning. The Gio sub was unnecessary at that time, he should have waited and then acted. Also I agree with Dom as Ciro was completely outplayed by Blanc. The team simply couldn't deal with the frenchies either to break their zone or their counters.

Its going to be very tough from now on as we need positive results against bayern and away to Bordeaux.

cunninlynguists

Amsterdam Ambassador
May 7, 2006
We're all talking like Bordeaux is a simple team and we should have beaten them.
I hope you don't forget that they won the French League last year, so they do have some quality. We have reinforced a lot, which means that our team still has to get used to eachother. Ofcourse we all wanted a win but ended up with a draw.
It is not the end of the world, as it was Ciro's first CL game and he still has a lot to learn, although he is a very talented manager.
We are talking faaaaaar too long about this game. A lot of you mentioned that some players were non-chalant and unvisible. That's true in my eyes.
But I don't think that Ciro has his eyes closed. Ofcourse he has seen the same game as we did and he'll do his best to motivate and make better players out of some.

Some here are acting like we're eliminated from the CL. I don't know if any of you has seen the Bayern game, but they weren't that good either. Sure they were better then Maccabi but they left holes in their defence. The 0-3 is flattered, as Müller only scored after Maccabi were exhausted and unable to do something in the last minutes of the game.

Let's try to look forward rather then backwards. As we can only learn from mistakes from the past.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
- Amauri possibly played his worst game and he seems to be at the stage where the striker tries too much to score. He hasn't been at the level he started with last year and i think Ciro should consider benching him in the next game.
when you only have 3 options and trez was in the form that we all know, you cannot expect ciro to start david (with all due respect to the frenchman). But as you said in the next game we can start david and if the score ain't in our favour we can change him (65th minute or so..). Hope marchisio, canna and melo will be left on the bench with livorno.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
when you only have 3 options and trez was in the form that we all know, you cannot expect ciro to start david (with all due respect to the frenchman). But as you said in the next game we can start david and if the score ain't in our favour we can change him (65th minute or so..). Hope marchisio, canna and melo will be left on the bench with livorno.
start Tiago Poulsen and Camo with Gio infront of them in the Livorno game am pretty sure it will be tough but atleas some of our players need a break

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I didnt expect David to start, and if he did then it would've been a surprise. But that doesn't take from the fact that Amauri had a horrible game.

Next game i expect david to start and I don't think we can play without Melo as i don't even want to imagine how exposed we would look. And the problem between marchi and camo is that claudio is not contributing as much offensively and latter is simply out of form.

Then unless we change systems (to a 442 specifically) then its very hard to bench them as we don't have the options atm.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
I didnt expect David to start, and if he did then it would've been a surprise. But that doesn't take from the fact that Amauri had a horrible game.

Next game i expect david to start and I don't think we can play without Melo as i don't even want to imagine how exposed we would look. And the problem between marchi and camo is that claudio is not contributing as much offensively and latter is simply out of form.

Then unless we change systems (to a 442 specifically) then its very hard to bench them as we don't have the options atm.
it would be stupid to change the sistem whenever we are in trouble with our bench or if we want to rest some players. Everyone can be change..it's a team with depth...so i think melo needs to rest cuz he played for brazil, and juve. Poulsen or marrone can change him easily, because i don't see in livorno such a big threat especially in the midfield.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Because Im not confident what i saw with regard to last night was sometihng that'll be unusual this season.
So based on one game you start planning your purchases? And you wanted to buy defenders based on last night's game where the defenders were not our weakest link.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we absolutely MUST start CL matches better...you can't sit back for the 1st 20 mins and let the opposition get comfortable like that...that being said, we were damn unlucky not to get away with all 3 points

doron91

Sep 19, 2009
hello im new
i need serious help on ticketing.
can someone give me some webs that i can buy on tickets for juventus champions league away matches?
id really appreciate it if you help me. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)