[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (52 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2013
:beer: i salut your team for giving us a hard to time play our own game.
Would you maybe care to eleborate why most of these 'fans' claim we cheated?
A lot of it can be put down to the differences between British & Italian football. Honestly the kind of marking Juve did on corners could have led to penalties in the British game and I was definitely shouting for them last night. Holding your arms out while running with & marking a player at a corner would be considered "obstruction". But we have to remember we were playing an Italian team with a Spanish referee and things are different in other countries.

It was a mistake for our fans to expend so much energy on that. It's easy to get into the mindset of "the ref is against us" when a few decisions don't go your way. But I actually think that more than anything was what kept us out the game. If the fans had got behind the team more at 1-0 like I know they can instead of spending all our energy shouting at the ref we could have possibly brought it back. This is one of our major faults at this level. When decisions don't go our way we have the tendency to think the entire world is against us and waste so much time complaining about it when the best thing to do is just get on with it.

Also you have to remember the importance of this game for us. With Rangers not in the league this year we are guaranteed to win the championship. This match was probably our last meaningful game of the season and fans had built it up so much in their heads. This is what happens when you lose a match like that 3-0. Fans have the tendency to look at a few innocuous decisions and say "we were cheated!" rather than face the truth that we were just outplayed by a very good team.

This isn't even mentioning the persecution complex a lot of Celtic fans have. We represent a minority group in our country (Irish) and despite being a big team we have often got a raw deal from referees in our own country. A lot of those people have a point when it comes to Scotland, I've seen some horrendous decisions from Scottish referees in my day. But it's naive to think this persecution also applies to UEFA.

There were a couple decisions I wasn't happy with last night but I don't think they would have changed the game much at all. Any team who wins 3-0 are clear & deserved winners. The reason we lost so heavily was because of our own inexperience at this level. I honestly think if we (players and fans) had handled some of these issues better at 1-0 down we could have come back into it. Any Celtic fan saying we were "cheated" is just bitter in my opinion. I'm bitter too. This was our game of the season and we're out of the tie before the second leg. It's just unfortunate that a lot of people have to find someone to blame when in this instance the blame might lie with themselves.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
In Common's defence it was an awful choice from the coach to play him. I don't know who their alternative is, but playing a guy that just came back from the AFCON and has been gone for some time is never a wise idea.

But he wasn't 100% at fault for their first goal imo, the other CB should've covered for him and the keeper could've communicated/guided him better.

Feb 13, 2013
Yes that's right, Celtic F.C. = European Champions of 1967.

It might have been nearly 50 years ago but that's still one more time than most teams have won it. It is still the greatest day of our history and we will always be proud of it, especially since our entire team & coaching staff was home grown. All of them were locals actually. All except one of the players came from within 10 miles of our home stadium and the one exception only came from 30 miles away. And they brought the European Cup up London Road, one of the poorest places in Europe at the time. I realize the chances of us ever winning it again are incredibly slim but it's my dream regardless.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont mind him Champions 67, it was a historic win and obviously highly cherished if since its the hallmark of your club. As someone who seen Juve lose 3 CL finals within 5 years, I cherish the single CL title I experienced muuuuuuuuuch more.

In Common's defence it was an awful choice from the coach to play him. I don't know who their alternative is, but playing a guy that just came back from the AFCON and has been gone for some time is never a wise idea.

But he wasn't 100% at fault for their first goal imo, the other CB should've covered for him and the keeper could've communicated/guided him better.
That Brown CB was poor too yeah, and factually everything Commons said is 100% true (except the bit about SPL, thats poor), Ambrose was poor and prolly shouldnt have played, but its also completely wrong thing to say publically, throwing your teammate under the bus is idiotic and selfish. You win and lose as a team. And its first and foremost Lennons responsible as he picks the team, no reason to publically berate your teammate.

Edit: Nvm all I said, I thought you were defending Commons comments about Ambrose, but I just realized you were mixed up their names.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

Ambrose, not Commons.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
...Almost every time you can see the same scenario. That's what happens when your fucking country sleps with football, wakes up with football but still don't understand a shit about
it's tactical side, while your home grown players has the technical ability of Del Piero's 4 years old daughter Dorotea...
:lol: man u make my day :lol:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Yes that's right, Celtic F.C. = European Champions of 1967.

It might have been nearly 50 years ago but that's still one more time than most teams have won it. It is still the greatest day of our history and we will always be proud of it, especially since our entire team & coaching staff was home grown. All of them were locals actually. All except one of the players came from within 10 miles of our home stadium and the one exception only came from 30 miles away. And they brought the European Cup up London Road, one of the poorest places in Europe at the time. I realize the chances of us ever winning it again are incredibly slim but it's my dream regardless.
:) :tup:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
This classless unsupportive prick should defenitely be fined/suspended by Celtics management (even if its true, its classless as it gets)...I cant imagine a Juve player saying this publically and seeing the light of day (heck Quag murmured unaudible slur in frustration after a sub and was benched for two months). Or I remember Melo criticised his teammates (bit indirectly) 6 months before he left, attitude like that was big reason why he was sold IMO.

Commons said: "Look, the manager picked him. The manager pulled him to one side and asked him if he was feeling okay. He said he was feeling brilliant. If he wasn't feeling okay then he should have said so. If he felt good then he should have put in a better performance."

"It was just very sloppy individual mistakes – something you'd probably get away with on a playground, not in the last 16 of the Champions League. There are certain individuals who let the team down.
“In the SPL you can get away with not quite playing. You can get away with just turning up and things happening
(did he just insult the whole of SPL? :p).

"Hopefully this is just a one-off. The back four have made errors which have probably cost us the tie. But it's partly down to them why we're here in the first place. It's just a bitter one to swallow."

Edit: Nvm I just saw Marty McFly linked an article of it.
My God, never thought I will be laughing this much to all this post-match jibberish that's been said and mentioned today. It's awesome, I'm enjoying it all the way.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You are Norwegian? No wonder you "support" an Italian team! Tell me about football in Norway hahaha.
can't be worse than the clowns we played yesterday. celtic consists of some taie taiwo look- & play-a-likes and ugly fu<ks that would be better of chopping wood than play football on top of that they are so ugly they make wayne rooney look like mr. universe. i had a dump yesterday morning that looked more handsome than all of your lumberjacks wanna-be footballers.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Celtics record in Europe against Italian teams.

Dates Season Cup Round Match Result
25.05.1967 1966/67 EC Final Celtic - Inter Milan 2:1 (0:1)
19.02.1969 1968/69 EC 1/4 Final AC Milan - Celtic 0:0 (0:0)
12.03.1969 1968/69 EC 1/4 Final Celtic - AC Milan 0:1 (0:1)
04.03.1970 1969/70 EC 1/4 Final Celtic - Fiorentina 3:0 (1:0)
18.03.1970 1969/70 EC 1/4 Final Fiorentina - Celtic 1:0 (1:0)
05.04.1972 1971/72 EC 1/2 final Inter Milan - Celtic 0:0 (0:0)
19.04.1972 1971/72 EC 1/2 final Celtic - Inter Milan 0:0 (0:0)
16.09.1981 1981/82 EC 1/16 Final Celtic - Juventus 1:0 (0:0)
30.09.1981 1981/82 EC 1/16 Final Juventus - Celtic 2:0 (2:0)
18.09.2001 2001/02 CL Group stage 1 Juventus - Celtic 3:2 (1:0)
31.10.2001 2001/02 CL Group stage 1 Celtic - Juventus 4:3 (2:1)
29.09.2004 2004/05 CL Group stage AC Milan - Celtic 3:1 (1:0)
07.12.2004 2004/05 CL Group stage Celtic - AC Milan 0:0 (0:0)
20.02.2007 2006/07 CL 1/8 Final Celtic - AC Milan 0:0 (0:0)
07.03.2007 2006/07 CL 1/8 Final AC Milan - Celtic 1:0 (0:0)
03.10.2007 2007/08 CL Group stage Celtic - AC Milan 2:1 (0:0)
04.12.2007 2007/08 CL Group stage AC Milan - Celtic 1:0 (0:0)
29.09.2011 2011/12 EL Group stage Celtic - Udinese 1:1 (1:0)
15.12.2011 2011/12 EL Group stage Udinese - Celtic 1:1 (1:1)

Only Milan in 69 have beaten Celtic at home.

Please post these stats tomorrow around this time, you'd look hilarious, after your team had lost 3-0.
@LowLife :lol::lol:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
can't be worse than the clowns we played yesterday. celtic consists of some taie taiwo look- & play-a-likes and ugly fu<ks that would be better of chopping wood than player football on top of that they are so ugly they make wayne rooney look like mr. universe. i had a dump yesterday morning that looked more handsome than all of your lumberjacks wanna-be footballers.
:lol: :tup:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This classless unsupportive prick should defenitely be fined/suspended by Celtics management (even if its true, its classless as it gets)...I cant imagine a Juve player saying this publically and seeing the light of day (heck Quag murmured unaudible slur in frustration after a sub and was benched for two months). Or I remember Melo criticised his teammates (bit indirectly) 6 months before he left, attitude like that was big reason why he was sold IMO.

Commons said: "Look, the manager picked him. The manager pulled him to one side and asked him if he was feeling okay. He said he was feeling brilliant. If he wasn't feeling okay then he should have said so. If he felt good then he should have put in a better performance."

"It was just very sloppy individual mistakes – something you'd probably get away with on a playground, not in the last 16 of the Champions League. There are certain individuals who let the team down.
“In the SPL you can get away with not quite playing. You can get away with just turning up and things happening
(did he just insult the whole of SPL? :p).

"Hopefully this is just a one-off. The back four have made errors which have probably cost us the tie. But it's partly down to them why we're here in the first place. It's just a bitter one to swallow."

Edit: Nvm I just saw Marty McFly linked an article of it.
Aah, the good old "I was great, but my teammates let me down" cop out. :heart:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
All the Celtic fans in this thread please remember we had to score twice to take a 1-0 lead. Stuff the referee crap.

Mar 9, 2006
254994.jpg

:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

British football :lol: 1 WC in 150 years and even there they won it because of referee's mistake :lol: British football is when 95% of teams of ur best league are using foreign players :touched:

Oh, and btw, how fast Celtics fans forgot that Samaras dive against Spartak and awarded PK because of it gave them the green light to quater-finals

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)