[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (9 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2006
from Bleacher Report, page 3
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eltic-vs-juventus-uefa-champions-league-clash
Celtic were certainly up for this tie, and brought all of the grit and determination that we'd expected to see from the Scots. But at this level, brute strength isn't everything.

Fans of British soccer always point to the game's innate physicality in the UK, the battling nature of the players and their willingness and ability to "get stuck in." Against the continent's finest sides, however, you need more than just aggression; you need ability, too.

For all their physicality, Celtic could not hide the gulf in class between themselves and the visitors. This shouldn't be read as a slight on the Glaswegians, but rather as a clarification for anyone who still believes that simply being rough and ready is enough to prevail.

Juventus were physical and well-organised, willing to tackle and happy to take the blows from the boys in green. But crucially, they were also light-footed and delicate with the ball when they needed to be; they were capable of skillful exchange and clever footballing. And in the end, it was that which made all the difference.

Might, whatever they say, is not always right.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Someone must have this game recorded, I'd love for there to be a montage of all the dives, pushing and even stamping being carried out by the Celtic players in this game.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Yeah it's played from our flash player. IOS no likey :)
Gonna get the tab out later then and have a look. Technology these days pfffft.

JFG™;4054788 said:
Someone must have this game recorded, I'd love for there to be a montage of all the dives, pushing and even stamping being carried out by the Celtic players in this game.
Or simply watch a Celtic vs Rangers game. I'm sure there's more dirty tricks every second so they should be used to it. Oh but it's champions league game, it should never happen (they thought).

Wrong!!

- - - Updated - - -

Fuqing joke this dude is. Where's that pic someone posted with all the club and nation shirts he's supposedly supported?

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,486
    I do. A lot of work editing all that shit though :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
    Gonna get the tab out later then and have a look. Technology these days pfffft.

Or simply watch a Celtic vs Rangers game. I'm sure there's more dirty tricks every second so they should be used to it. Oh but it's champions league game, it should never happen (they thought).

Wrong!!
    I'm in disbelief as to how many excuses they're trying to provide to cover their own ineptitude. There's a number of threads on their site now dedicated to conspiracy theories and writing letters to UEFA.

They're claiming a penalty for the incident where Brown is given a shove by Lichtsteiner and falls over like a sack of potatoes. Completely ignoring the clear stamp on Stephan's foot moments beforehand, and the fact that the ball wasn't even in play yet. Really clutching at straws this lot.

I'm willing to concede that they got in our faces, probably played the best game that they could play, but suggesting the ref was helping us is sheer paranoia. The game may have been much closer had they not started Ambrose but that being said we were still much more clinical then them and I feel we would have won regardless of their line-up.

I don't know why I'm giving this so much attention but it just vexes me to see such ignorance, and this label of cheating they love to throw about as excuse for their own shortcomings is even more infuriating.

At this point I just cannot wait for the return leg where we'll completely outclass and outplay them, of this much I'm sure. I don't want to see us take the foot off the pedal once we go a few goals up (like against Pescara), I want us to plunge the dagger in as far as it will go.

- - - Updated - - -

I do. A lot of work editing all that shit though :D
    Make it happen Marty and I'll will make a donation come pay day, mark my words :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Crying about the refs. :lol: Who ever dat ugly coach is, he should just kill himself for stupidity.
    @Lapa You seen this man?

Joey Jokes

Feb 17, 2009
    I don't understand how this is till a story. That game was one of the least controversial I have ever seen. Jostling in the box, really? No one mentioned it during Real - Man United. Its incredible.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    That Michael rush fella on twitter doesn't have. Profile pic. It's a hoax. Or in simple terms sour grapes, sore loser. Or just crap is what I prefer.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
    ive watched champ league games and watching europa league and these brit commentators just cant give it a rest...always referring to celtic-jeve game when theres a corner or slight refereeing...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
    Nov 7, 2005
    Neil Lennon ... :disagree:

I suppose when you spend your playing days at clubs such as Crewe Alexandria, Leicester City and Celtic you're bound to develop this kind of loser mentality. Lost out to a superior side, yet blames the ref :howler:

This is a man who's had his fair share of sour grapes over the years.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
    Jan 16, 2013
    ive watched champ league games and watching europa league and these brit commentators just cant give it a rest...always referring to celtic-jeve game when theres a corner or slight refereeing...
    They can cry to death for all i care.

- - - Updated - - -

Neil Lennon ... :disagree:

I suppose when you spend your playing days at clubs such as Crewe Alexandria, Leicester City and Celtic you're bound to develop this kind of loser mentality. Lost out to a superior side, yet blames the ref :howler:

This is a man who's had his fair share of sour grapes over the years.
    :tup: Loser mentality + small team syndrome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)