[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
Greetings folks, Celtic supporter here.
This is something I never do, but I can't bite my tongue for any longer and have to respond to the ridiculous claims, viewpoints and discussions on here.
A few points I would like to make if I may:

1) What exactly is this forum for? Juventus "supporters" around the world? As far as I was aware they are an Italian club. Have many of you ever seen them play a game of football? I find it astounding to see some things people have said who have probably never seen the club play - or come from a country such as Canada or Australia with very little to none footballing history or culture, let alone comment on Celtic.

2) I also find it astounding that there are actually members on this forum with over 20,000 posts? Do you people not have social lives or careers that exist outwith a digital world? How do you possibly find the time and spend so much of it on the internet giving your post match analysis or your intellectual insights into football. Very bizarre. Perhaps time away from your computers and phones would benefit you.

Moving on,

Congratulations to Juventus yesterday evening on their hard earned win, because believe it or not, it was hard earned. 0-3 is a flattering scoreline. I am the first to say our manager got it wrong and despite valiant performances from our players for the best part, in the end we were not good enough. Perhaps we will have a better outcome for the return leg.

I am disappointed to see the bitterness and immaturity here. You must realise the coefficient of our country, how much our squad cost? Celtic's XI tonight probably cost around £14million. Compare that to Juventus which would be what?....You tell me. Your players looked panicked, uncomfortable and often resorted to underhanded tactics such as 'cheating', poor sportsmanship and time wasting.

It is clear many if not most of you are EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to the atmosphere. Again, it was not the best ever tonight and was flat at points - but do not be ridiculous, the travelling supporters did not outsing us once, albeit they were impressive at points. Celtic Park does not have its fierce reputation for nothing. A simple Google search will provide you with countless quotes, videos etc exhibiting the unique atmosphere our impressive support create. Juventus Stadium could only ever dream of mustering this kind of hostile and uneasy environment for visiting players and supporters. The ignorance and naivety is astounding. Your home ground has no repuation, nor do your home supporters. Can you debate this? Perhaps, but evidence suggests otherwise and heavily leans towards Celtic's favour.

Your narrow minded perception of the Celtic support is quite frankly hilarious. You judge millions of supporters on a few silly responses on an online forum? Comical.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - $#@!ing idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.
Good luck in the return leg, and good luck for the remainder of the campaign. You will not make it past the QFs.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.

PS I find it hilarious that your manager used to be bald, and suddenly now has hair. Very pretty transplants.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet victory, I remember when the draw was made the Celtic forum was full of excitement because they thought we weren't a force to be reckoned with. I'm gonna go there now and see what lols I can find.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Loved this post by some dude on The Guardian

There was a lesson in this match that I hope people will take note of: that is how you dominate a game while giving the other team possession. Italy has made it to six World Cup finals largely playing this way, and I get the feeling that's why everyone else reserves so much venom for Italian football: it's infuriating, it leaves the opponents feeling wronged- because they kept the ball the whole match- and grasping at straws to explain the defeat. There's obviously a risk inherent in letting the other team have the ball, but when it works- and the aforementioned six World Cup finals testify to its effectiveness- it's oh-so-satisfying.
Celtic deserve credit for their hard work but ultimately they were very naive. Naive to let themselves get so worked up over Lichtsteiner and co's blocking and little shoves in the area, naive to wear themselves out playing such a high-tempo game for 80 minutes, naive to think they were actually in control of the match. What to certain fans and pundits are "game-spoiling tactics" that go against some imaginary spirit of the game, to Italians are shrewd and cunning strategy. The little mind games and skirting the edge of the rules are as much a part of Italian calcio as kicks and aggressive tackles are to British football.
To see a team appear to be on the back foot the whole match and still emerge with a comprehensive victory may offend the sensibilities of some, but more often than not, cynicism and tactical shrewdness win out over pace and hard running. Forza la Juve!!!

Perfectly sums it up
:tup:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
I didn't mind celtic before this game, I liked how they fought through there group, but these fans are the most stuck up opinionated little shits I have ever seen, they fail to realise that they go for celtic, a team where a player like padoin would be treated like a superstar if he joined. they think that since they beat barca they are the best team in the world, now I have a hatred for celtic and there supporters.

today proved that they are just an ordinary team that can only cross the ball in,

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
Jun 8, 2010
"Juventus on the other hand will not have gained any respect from any football fans who witnessed the blatant cheating on display. I hope the other Italian clubs give them pelters for the way they represented their league."

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012
gave my vote no. 100 to marchisio, what a night, an amazing victory and for me was really a shocking score , a very big fuck you celtic shits, a bunch of rugby players who cannot take a single good shot on target , they were all on center , we could have had a goalkeeper of wood instead of buffon :lol:

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
So first they aren't affraid of us, full of confidence they will beat us and now that we beated them with not 1 goal not 2 goals but 3 goals at home they blame the fact that the Celtic squad cost less and we are labelled as 'cheaters' :shifty:

And i wanted to say something nice about Celtic for once.

Ah well.

Forza Juve!! Giving the opponent hope and then strike.

sempreJuve

notte da grande Juve
Dec 5, 2012
a lot of celtic fans invaded us to prove that they know more than 2 players from our team and comment about italian football when all they do is singing with the back to the field and don-t know shit about FOOTball. they can-t understand how we stayed calm in our half giving them what they desired the most : hundreds of corners, and buffon managed to save all those lame shots. so fuckers keep the mouth shut and come for more goals in torino, u'r a team of stupid fight dogs

- - - Updated - - -

celtic=no brain=no goals

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Can someone tell me why Lich was booked? The whole fvcking time he had his hands up and only body contact with the Celtic fat striker who was continuesly pushing Lich on Buffon to block his way/move/vision. Lich was even asking the linesman ref and the one next to the goalkeepers to look closely and look at his hands carefully yet he was yellow carded.

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,017
    Can someone tell me why Lich was booked? The whole fvcking time he had his hands up and only body contact with the Celtic fat striker who was continuesly pushing Lich on Buffon to block his way/move/vision. Lich was even asking the linesman ref and the one next to the goalkeepers to look closely and look at his hands carefully yet he was yellow carded.
    I think he carded both him and Hooper in an attempt to cool them off. Didn't work though :p

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #3,019
    Greetings folks, Celtic supporter here.
    This is something I never do, but I can't bite my tongue for any longer and have to respond to the ridiculous claims, viewpoints and discussions on here.
    A few points I would like to make if I may:

1) What exactly is this forum for? Juventus "supporters" around the world? As far as I was aware they are an Italian club. Have many of you ever seen them play a game of football? I find it astounding to see some things people have said who have probably never seen the club play - or come from a country such as Canada or Australia with very little to none footballing history or culture, let alone comment on Celtic.

2) I also find it astounding that there are actually members on this forum with over 20,000 posts? Do you people not have social lives or careers that exist outwith a digital world? How do you possibly find the time and spend so much of it on the internet giving your post match analysis or your intellectual insights into football. Very bizarre. Perhaps time away from your computers and phones would benefit you.

Moving on,

Congratulations to Juventus yesterday evening on their hard earned win, because believe it or not, it was hard earned. 0-3 is a flattering scoreline. I am the first to say our manager got it wrong and despite valiant performances from our players for the best part, in the end we were not good enough. Perhaps we will have a better outcome for the return leg.

I am disappointed to see the bitterness and immaturity here. You must realise the coefficient of our country, how much our squad cost? Celtic's XI tonight probably cost around £14million. Compare that to Juventus which would be what?....You tell me. Your players looked panicked, uncomfortable and often resorted to underhanded tactics such as 'cheating', poor sportsmanship and time wasting.

It is clear many if not most of you are EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to the atmosphere. Again, it was not the best ever tonight and was flat at points - but do not be ridiculous, the travelling supporters did not outsing us once, albeit they were impressive at points. Celtic Park does not have its fierce reputation for nothing. A simple Google search will provide you with countless quotes, videos etc exhibiting the unique atmosphere our impressive support create. Juventus Stadium could only ever dream of mustering this kind of hostile and uneasy environment for visiting players and supporters. The ignorance and naivety is astounding. Your home ground has no repuation, nor do your home supporters. Can you debate this? Perhaps, but evidence suggests otherwise and heavily leans towards Celtic's favour.

Your narrow minded perception of the Celtic support is quite frankly hilarious. You judge millions of supporters on a few silly responses on an online forum? Comical.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - fucking idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.
    Good luck in the return leg, and good luck for the remainder of the campaign. You will not make it past the QFs.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.

PS I find it hilarious that your manager used to be bald, and suddenly now has hair. Very pretty transplants.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    I think he carded both him and Hooper in an attempt to cool them off. Didn't work though :p
    I know, but you can't yellow card both players when Hooper was continuesly pushing Lich whereas Lich had his hands shown up crystal clear for most times if not everytime. This yellow could cost him quarters and it's not his fault.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: First time I see you pulling such a thing. Good stuff, Cap. :D

I left him a good note to read when he figures out he's banned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)