[Champions League] Celtic 0-3 JUVENTUS (February 12, 2013) (3 Viewers)

MoM

• Caceres

• Peluso

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2011
Greetings folks, Celtic supporter here.
This is something I never do, but I can't bite my tongue for any longer and have to respond to the ridiculous claims, viewpoints and discussions on here.
A few points I would like to make if I may:

1) What exactly is this forum for? Juventus "supporters" around the world? As far as I was aware they are an Italian club. Have many of you ever seen them play a game of football? I find it astounding to see some things people have said who have probably never seen the club play - or come from a country such as Canada or Australia with very little to none footballing history or culture, let alone comment on Celtic.

2) I also find it astounding that there are actually members on this forum with over 20,000 posts? Do you people not have social lives or careers that exist outwith a digital world? How do you possibly find the time and spend so much of it on the internet giving your post match analysis or your intellectual insights into football. Very bizarre. Perhaps time away from your computers and phones would benefit you.

Moving on,

Congratulations to Juventus yesterday evening on their hard earned win, because believe it or not, it was hard earned. 0-3 is a flattering scoreline. I am the first to say our manager got it wrong and despite valiant performances from our players for the best part, in the end we were not good enough. Perhaps we will have a better outcome for the return leg.

I am disappointed to see the bitterness and immaturity here. You must realise the coefficient of our country, how much our squad cost? Celtic's XI tonight probably cost around £14million. Compare that to Juventus which would be what?....You tell me. Your players looked panicked, uncomfortable and often resorted to underhanded tactics such as 'cheating', poor sportsmanship and time wasting.

It is clear many if not most of you are EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to the atmosphere. Again, it was not the best ever tonight and was flat at points - but do not be ridiculous, the travelling supporters did not outsing us once, albeit they were impressive at points. Celtic Park does not have its fierce reputation for nothing. A simple Google search will provide you with countless quotes, videos etc exhibiting the unique atmosphere our impressive support create. Juventus Stadium could only ever dream of mustering this kind of hostile and uneasy environment for visiting players and supporters. The ignorance and naivety is astounding. Your home ground has no repuation, nor do your home supporters. Can you debate this? Perhaps, but evidence suggests otherwise and heavily leans towards Celtic's favour.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - $#@!ing idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.
Good luck in the return leg, and good luck for the remainder of the campaign. You will not make it past the QFs.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.
I think that is all for now
I love it when teams like Celtic think they are amongst the reins of the top teams. You lost 3-0, and Juve we're defending for 9/10 of the game, now thats telling you something.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ginny081

Feb 13, 2013
Your GIF was very cute! Such witty humour.

Good movie, I like it.
Shame you have no response.

11,111 posts on an internet forum?
Do you have friends, family? Do you work??

- - - Updated - - -

You think Juventus are "amonst the reins of the top teams".

How did you come to this conclusion??
When do you think you will next succeed or win anything in Europe?!

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
This is something I never do, but I can't bite my tongue for any longer and have to respond to the ridiculous claims, viewpoints and discussions on here.

1) What exactly is this forum for? Juventus "supporters" around the world? As far as I was aware they are an Italian club. Have many of you ever seen them play a game of football? I find it astounding to see some things people have said who have probably never seen the club play - or come from a country such as Canada or Australia with very little to none footballing history or culture, let alone comment on Celtic.

2) I also find it astounding that there are actually members on this forum with over 20,000 posts? Do you people not have social lives or careers that exist outwith a digital world? How do you possibly find the time and spend so much of it on the internet giving your post match analysis or your intellectual insights into football. Very bizarre. Perhaps time away from your computers and phones would benefit you.

Moving on,

Congratulations to Juventus yesterday evening on their hard earned win, because believe it or not, it was hard earned. 0-3 is a flattering scoreline. I am the first to say our manager got it wrong and despite valiant performances from our players for the best part, in the end we were not good enough. Perhaps we will have a better outcome for the return leg.

I am disappointed to see the bitterness and immaturity here. You must realise the coefficient of our country, how much our squad cost? Celtic's XI tonight probably cost around £14million. Compare that to Juventus which would be what?....You tell me. Your players looked panicked, uncomfortable and often resorted to underhanded tactics such as 'cheating', poor sportsmanship and time wasting.

It is clear many if not most of you are EXTREMELY ignorant in regards to the atmosphere. Again, it was not the best ever tonight and was flat at points - but do not be ridiculous, the travelling supporters did not outsing us once, albeit they were impressive at points. Celtic Park does not have its fierce reputation for nothing. A simple Google search will provide you with countless quotes, videos etc exhibiting the unique atmosphere our impressive support create. Juventus Stadium could only ever dream of mustering this kind of hostile and uneasy environment for visiting players and supporters. The ignorance and naivety is astounding. Your home ground has no repuation, nor do your home supporters. Can you debate this? Perhaps, but evidence suggests otherwise and heavily leans towards Celtic's favour.

Your narrow minded perception of the Celtic support is quite frankly hilarious. You judge millions of supporters on a few silly responses on an online forum? Comical.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - fucking idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.
Good luck in the return leg, and good luck for the remainder of the campaign. You will not make it past the QFs.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.

PS I find it hilarious that your manager used to be bald, and suddenly now has hair. Very pretty transplants.
the sorest of all sore losers :lol:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

Good movie, I like it.

This forum is more like a chat, really. It doesn't take long to get a high post count here. Yes, I've posted 11k posts since 2005, which averages 4 per day.

An example of what those 4 posts might be:

"O hai!"

"LOL!"

"Mirkooooooooooooo :heart:"

And what I'm about to tell you right now: "Fuck off, you sore loser!"

So you see, it doesn't take up an awful lot of time.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Loved this post by some dude on The Guardian

There was a lesson in this match that I hope people will take note of: that is how you dominate a game while giving the other team possession. Italy has made it to six World Cup finals largely playing this way, and I get the feeling that's why everyone else reserves so much venom for Italian football: it's infuriating, it leaves the opponents feeling wronged- because they kept the ball the whole match- and grasping at straws to explain the defeat. There's obviously a risk inherent in letting the other team have the ball, but when it works- and the aforementioned six World Cup finals testify to its effectiveness- it's oh-so-satisfying.
Celtic deserve credit for their hard work but ultimately they were very naive. Naive to let themselves get so worked up over Lichtsteiner and co's blocking and little shoves in the area, naive to wear themselves out playing such a high-tempo game for 80 minutes, naive to think they were actually in control of the match. What to certain fans and pundits are "game-spoiling tactics" that go against some imaginary spirit of the game, to Italians are shrewd and cunning strategy. The little mind games and skirting the edge of the rules are as much a part of Italian calcio as kicks and aggressive tackles are to British football.
To see a team appear to be on the back foot the whole match and still emerge with a comprehensive victory may offend the sensibilities of some, but more often than not, cynicism and tactical shrewdness win out over pace and hard running. Forza la Juve!!!

Perfectly sums it up

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
@ ginny81:
Do you know what tactics are for? Cuz that ginger retard you've got for a coach sure as sh!t doesn't! Your team looked like a bunch of headless chicken idiots who all they knew about football was running, crossing and wrestling.
You actually are dumb enough to brag about the atmosphere after the way we took the fizz out of your crowd lat night? Why don't you lube that great atmosphere of yours and shove it up where we put those 3 goals?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Good movie, I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey

Hey listen

3-0

Now fuck off, troglodyte.

Jul 2, 2011

Good movie, I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

-We have recently gone 49 games undefeated
-We have knocked out the European Champions
-We are through to the quarter finals of the Champions league
-We've beaten celtic.. (many retards we're claiming they were going to wembley)
-We're leading the Serie A Title.
...I think we are looking alright if you ask me

If you dont see Juventus as a top team, or at least a good, solid team.. would you rather hear the news that the mighty celtic just got beaten 3-0 at home to an average team?

0-3 buddy, remember that

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Moving on,

Your narrow minded perception of the Celtic support is quite frankly hilarious. You judge millions of supporters on a few silly responses on an online forum? Comical.

Finally it is clear this forum is full of - simply put - fucking idiotic monkeys. I look forward to hearing your responses or any questions you may have.

Juve Juve Vaffanculo.

PS I find it hilarious that your manager used to be bald, and suddenly now has hair. Very pretty transplants.
0-3

ginny081

Feb 13, 2013
Juventus are a very good team with very good players. They are NOT among Europe's best. Perhaps not even the top 10.
You have not won in Europe since 95-96, and I believe it will be a long time before you win there again.

Celtic have been beaten at home by average teams before, as have Juventus..
No one believed we were going to Wembley you ignorant fool - it was a light hearted sing song that began many months ago.

Donpiero - have you ever witnessed Juventus play a game of football?

Jul 2, 2011
"X" how mysterious! Ooh very intruiging.
Why is your avatar a drawing? Are you a 29 year old virgin who lives with his mother?
That is very gay lol.

Do you like anime or comics? Hahaha.
And by the way buddy, don't put your anger out on the people of this forum. Besides, 'ginny81', i'm still finding it challenging to work out if your a boy a girl

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I would have labeled Celtic fans as just poor sports if they had left out the crying about the officiating. With that, they went full retard.

And the mafia, match-fixing, cheating, etc.

I mean, we had to score twice at the start of the game to take a 1-0 lead.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Loved this post by some dude on The Guardian

There was a lesson in this match that I hope people will take note of: that is how you dominate a game while giving the other team possession. Italy has made it to six World Cup finals largely playing this way, and I get the feeling that's why everyone else reserves so much venom for Italian football: it's infuriating, it leaves the opponents feeling wronged- because they kept the ball the whole match- and grasping at straws to explain the defeat. There's obviously a risk inherent in letting the other team have the ball, but when it works- and the aforementioned six World Cup finals testify to its effectiveness- it's oh-so-satisfying.
Celtic deserve credit for their hard work but ultimately they were very naive. Naive to let themselves get so worked up over Lichtsteiner and co's blocking and little shoves in the area, naive to wear themselves out playing such a high-tempo game for 80 minutes, naive to think they were actually in control of the match. What to certain fans and pundits are "game-spoiling tactics" that go against some imaginary spirit of the game, to Italians are shrewd and cunning strategy. The little mind games and skirting the edge of the rules are as much a part of Italian calcio as kicks and aggressive tackles are to British football.
To see a team appear to be on the back foot the whole match and still emerge with a comprehensive victory may offend the sensibilities of some, but more often than not, cynicism and tactical shrewdness win out over pace and hard running. Forza la Juve!!!

Perfectly sums it up

to the inbred masses that is all that matters: running. The more running they do the more they feel they deserve to win, any more complex than that their brain cant comprehend. Only a complete moron cant see juventus was in COMPLETE control of the game.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Well, if one gets through to the last 8 of the CL one can surely argue that one is among Europe's "top 10".

Did you watch the Euros, btw? The Italy-side that reached the final had many Juve players.

I'm not saying we're gonna go all the way in the CL this season, but you're clearly underestimating Juventus. I hope other teams keep on doing that, to be honest. But they won't.

ginny081

Feb 13, 2013
If you believed the officiating to be fair, unbiased and professional - you have NO idea about football or its rules and regulations.

I never once mentioned the referee - this does not mean he performed very poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)