[Champions League] BATE Borisov - Juventus (30 September, 2008) (10 Viewers)

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
The only good thing about this match is finally Ranieri used De Ceglie instead of Molinaro and Gio, who play better coming from the left to the right. Beside that phrase "anybody is better than Molinaro", De Ceglie did a good match, he needs to improve and mature (I think in the second goal he was out of position, Nedved was covering his position), but he was... better than Molinaro :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Bate did his game attacking us from the flanks, if I'm not mistaken, both goals came from the flanks. It was a bad game for the whole defense, IMO (and team, except for some players)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not just that, but because our situation with scoring goals is so tense and he doesn't have any, people just point the finger to say he's off-form-when in reality, he creates lots of opportunities for himself and the rest of the team.
I just don't see anybody around here criticizing Alex to the point where he's done, apart from maybe one person.

He creates a lot of opportunities by himself but lately he's been squandering them with bad decisions. He's better than that, and anybody who says differently must not believe in Del Piero.

There is nothing wrong in criticizing his performances. Too many people equate criticism with just pure hate, which isn't the case. I personally believe Del Piero is off form because he's capable of doing better, and no, it's not all about scoring. I personally believe he needs to make better decisions with the ball, which I know he's capable of.

Totally agree.....

todays performance was UNACCEPTABLE

we have only played well in one game this season, against Udinese, and we have played like shit in the rest

who do you blame ?? I think THE COACH is running (or should I say ruining) this team, and its his responsiblity to have these guys prepared, and playing as a team. Isnt this the entire point of preseason, and the reason that they practice daily ??

RUINeri has to go !! This almost reminds me of the 2 wasted years that the Azzurri had with DONEadoni, where it took complete failure before the FIGC replaced him

We are wasting time RIGHT NOW.....RUINeri will not win us any trophies, because he is a first rate LOSER !!!

lets cut our losses, and bring a real coach in !!!
Problem is we don't have many options out there. I agree with you though that Ranieri just doesn't have it. Of course we'll be persecuted for such an opinion though. It's clear to us that we cannot play as a team, and that has to due with bad coaching in our view.

Bate did his game attacking us from the flanks, if I'm not mistaken, both goals came from the flanks. It was a bad game for the whole defense, IMO (and team, except for some players)
Well, it's hard to say. The defense is pretty poor and Giovinco was playing right-wing for perhaps the first time in his professional career. Nedved couldn't mark up on the goal, so so much for his need to play because he's good defensively.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Del is not off form..he is taking bad decitions and needs to be lectured. But sinc ethe teams is playing horribly fukcking bad...maybe his problem is more complex than it seems and ranieri must do his job..otherwise our good players with get frustrated and underperform.

Sep 1, 2002
Brightside
IQ, the boy, Sisco, draw away from home.

Darkside
Goaly
Del = someone should tell him they are going to take the next freekick
Ned
Defence = Moli was missed, thats how bad they were
Cam
The rest of them (save Amuri, who should have come on to attack alongside IQ
Ranieri
Ranieri
Ranieri
Ranieri
Ranieri
Ranieri
Ranieri
Ranieri

Did I forget to mention Ranieri....

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Wow...my first post since the game. I wish it was under better circumstances

Firstly, I think its rather unfair to blame Ranieri in this, as dissapointed as I am. The reason being I'm sure at least 95% of us licked our lips and thought we'd trounce BATE when we saw the line up, probably the most attacking lay out we've ever lined out personell wise ( save a couple of 4-3-3 games of which playing a 4-3-3 yesterday would have had horrific consequences). I'm positive few people expected BATE to come at us like that even though they were home.

The first half despite ending 2-2 was an utter nightmare. Its been a long time since a team marauded us like that - pressurising every one in the team when they got the ball. When we've lost previously, we just sucked in terms of ideas going foward but yesterday, we were just plain owned in the 1st half. Last time I felt that way was the 2-0 at Highbury. Camo and Sissoko were seeing major ass flames in the middle coz their 5 man midfield was everywhere

Everyone at the back had a bad day. Chiellini looked like he had weights in his boots. It also didnt help that DC was upfront the majority of the time causing Giorgio to be sucked out of the centre.

I'm a bit aggrieved that Marchisio came on for Camo. Id have prefered hin to come on for Nedved but before the knives come out for Ranieri again, we needed a space marker in the centre. Poulsen or Zanetti would have been a necessity today. And as CR rightyly pointed out, their RB wasnt pushing foward a lot so it was more necessary to have the less defensively capable Giovinco on the right. I think Momo was great in the 2nd half regardoless of what Ive been reading he cane into the picture better. Giovinco is just plain tight. I was telling my friend on Saturday that hes better than Pato because his offensive decision making is superb

IQ did his job and I'm happy with how he played despite the falling invisible in the 2nd half. DP was selfish on too many ocassions today. I might have blown a fuse coz of him. Very frustrating

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
I dont want to sound like an ass, but I've read strange posts today, you can blame whoever you want, but SUDDENLY DP becomes shit and should be benched!!! where did DP worshipers go???

It's like a Deja vu of last year , I remember when most of the forum members kept hailing the amazing Nocerino and the magnificent Crisito, 2 months later and they started cursing the day they were born

Now the same is happening with DC and Marchisio, some members actually want Molinaro back as a starter....... Momo playes and sucked, people say Poulsen >>> Momo, Poulsen plays and sucks, I read Momo>>>> Poulsen

I think that many (not all) members here overrate our youngsters, once they have a bad game (which is natural because they're still inexperienced) they become useless untalented players

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I dont want to sound like an ass, but I've read strange posts today, you can blame whoever you want, but SUDDENLY DP becomes shit and should be benched!!! where did DP worshipers go???

It's like a Deja vu of last year , I remember when most of the forum members kept hailing the amazing Nocerino and the magnificent Crisito, 2 months later and they started cursing the day they were born

Now the same is happening with DC and Marchisio, some members actually want Molinaro back as a starter....... Momo playes and sucked, people say Poulsen >>> Momo, Poulsen plays and sucks, I read Momo>>>> Poulsen

I think that many (not all) members here overrate our youngsters, once they have a bad game (which is natural because they're still inexperienced) they become useless untalented players
What? Who said that? I will cut his fuckin' balls off :groan:

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Hi, all!
I'm from Minsk, Belarus, but I'm Juve fan ;-). I was there, on the stadium.
Sissoko - very good game. Full control in the center. MoM for my opinion.
Giovinco- too modestly, but effective. He have to play more often.
Iaquinta - 2 goals it's always good for striker.
The rest - nothing interesting :(
Juve have to develop the game...

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Hi, all!
Tell us about it :)

How did the fan react to the draw? ecstatic I suppose?

Sep 14, 2003

The team is narrow as a whole. In defence, we're inviting trouble. In attack, we need some width (and pace) to prevent us becoming one dimensional and predictable - which we are.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
Hi, all!
Congratulations bro ;)

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
The team is narrow as a whole. In defence, we're inviting trouble. In attack, we need some width (and pace) to prevent us becoming one dimensional and predictable - which we are.
I think defensively we do well when we are covered by 2 strong dms. But today we got exposed completely at the back. That proves that even chiellini is somewhat shaky, because today he had one of the worst games of his career.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
this game just put a magnifying glass on our problems. Andy said it best, we don't have any answers to teams that play with intensity and pressure against us. That attributed to the whole team, not just the manager imo. I see chiellini for example, who is supposed to be our main man at the back completely lose it this morning. His positioning and communication was simply horrible last night. The burden is on him to regulate that defense, but i didn't see a leader at all. He needs to get his head back (also stop bloody trying to hit long balls because they simply suck).

Alex was very selfish and he can do much better than he did. Neddy is not giving us anything to work with these days, maybe he's tired or he just doesn't have it in him anymore i dont know.

Sissoko looks very average when he doesn't have either poulsen or zanetti next to him and sadly i don't think that will change. I will not criticize him much on that because simply he is not that type of player that do that holding midfielder role. However he needs to be more level headed, i just saw him running around like a headless chicken.

Finally to Ranieri, i understand why camo was played in the middle. He is the only one who played the holding/distributing position before. We needed to dictate the tempo and thats why he started. It was a risk since he came back from injury just recently and he didn't bring the best of form with him. It didn't payoff obviously and credit to him the switch was made in HT even though we leveled the game.

What i fault him for is the use of subs. I don't know how fit was Amauri but we needed him there much earlier for Alex. They were really suspect in the air and were sitting deeper in their own box. Another big man there could've changed something but he once again showed his personality by leaving alex on the field who was disappointing.

PS. I blame partly blame Allen because he is the one who said they were crap. For me they were completely the opposite offensively at least :spliff:
I just don't see anybody around here criticizing Alex to the point where he's done, apart from maybe one person.

He creates a lot of opportunities by himself but lately he's been squandering them with bad decisions. He's better than that, and anybody who says differently must not believe in Del Piero.

There is nothing wrong in criticizing his performances. Too many people equate criticism with just pure hate, which isn't the case. I personally believe Del Piero is off form because he's capable of doing better, and no, it's not all about scoring. I personally believe he needs to make better decisions with the ball, which I know he's capable of.

Problem is we don't have many options out there. I agree with you though that Ranieri just doesn't have it. Of course we'll be persecuted for such an opinion though. It's clear to us that we cannot play as a team, and that has to due with bad coaching in our view.

Well, it's hard to say. The defense is pretty poor and Giovinco was playing right-wing for perhaps the first time in his professional career. Nedved couldn't mark up on the goal, so so much for his need to play because he's good defensively.
That was not his job in the first place. I think there was a maximum of two players in the box but 4 players just drifted behind the ball like a bunch of girls. Neddy is the one who tried to cover it.

I mentioned this in the Samp game thread, that block on Stankeviues in the 90th minute shows how hard he works for the team. He sprinted behind molinaro before the cross was hit and put that block which would've been an easy goal for Sampadoria.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Yeah we should also blame our lack of preparation for the game, mostly our scouting. I think we really underestimated them, the fans and most importantly the players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)