Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
No, it isn't.

Maybe I should not have called you an idiot but I do invite you to think through the implications of what it is you are saying/ expecting.
Listen, we're all Juventini brothers, a lot of people here from different countries, backgrounds, ethnicities. I respect all my fellow people who support Juventus.

I thought it was an avoidable situation, and the UEFA official should've handled it differently. I'm not in no position to call the official out as a racist or anything. But I thought it was unfortunate and unnecessary that it happened, and that an individual who's gone through UEFA training and guidelines should've known better. We can agree to disagree.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Wait so Webo flipped out cause he got caught calling them ethnic slurs? What a shameless POS
The Italians and I believe the Spanish too, call the Romanians "gypsies" when they want to insult them (the Italians use gypsy [zingaro] for ex-Yu people too).
Now, if that twitter post has any truth in it and Webo did call the refs gypsies (because they are Romanian) from the second minute on then I can't help thinking that all this shit was predetermined and someone did want the match to be interrupted/not played.

I mean... a Turkish team owned by the Turkish ministry of youth and sports (read Erdogan) decides not to play because someone used the word negru? Give me a break.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
But he would have said "the blond guy" or "the bald guy" or "the one with pink hair" (no matter the skin color of the player).
It's just that in certain parts of Europe, where there are no black or Asian people, "the black guy" is really not used in racist connotation. If there are 5 people, one of which is black, and if you ask me to point out which one did it, I'll also say "the black guy" if he's the one I'm asked about and I won't mean it in a racist way.

It's just that the Romanian word for black - "negru" - sounds like the word nigger, which is considered racist. If a Croat said it, he would have said "crnac" and nobody would even know what happened, while the game would continue.
What if he was a white guy standing near several non white guys? I totally would
I get all that, context matters.

In this situation there were at least 3 black guys on the bench between assistants and players. Kind of hard to take it any other way than at least unprofessional from a guy who should know everyone by name.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
If Webo was referring to the referees as gypsy then he was also being racist. Likely imo. Best if the officials of a global sports always speak in English as imo most cultures around the world are racist in some way.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
I think if it was used in a descriptive way rather than derogatory way.
I am latino, and if am surrounded by asians, africans, etc I am sure going to be called latino. Is the fastest simplest way to identify me by a another person that doesnt know me.
And viceversa too. The blonde, the redhair, the white, the black, the yellow. etc The fat, the tall, the bald, the bearded, the one with glasses etc. There are stereotypes for a reason because it is convenient, easy and effective. Some could be taken as offensive but it depends on the context and situation. To me the Webo episode is overdimensioned.

Is all relative to the context.
if I would have to describe you the Quetzal, the national bird of Guatemala, would say is green with red, a bit more descriptive would be is a bird that lives on the humid forests with a vibrant green on its body with red on the chest. More technical would be

Quetzals
(/kɛtˈsɑːl, ˈkɛtsəl/) are strikingly colored birds in the trogon family. They are found in forests, especially in humid highlands, with the five species from the genus Pharomachrus being exclusively Neotropical, while a single species, the eared quetzal, Euptilotis neoxenus, is found in Mexico and very locally in the southernmost United States.[1] Quetzals are fairly large (all over 32 cm or 13 inches long), slightly bigger than other trogon species.[2][3] The resplendent quetzal is the national bird of Guatemala because of its vibrant colour.

Quetzals have iridescent green or golden-green wing coverts, back, chest and head, with a red belly. They are strongly sexually dimorphic, and parts of the females' plumage are brown or grey. These largely solitary birds feed on fruits, berries, insects and small vertebrates (such as frogs).[2][3] Even with their famous bright plumage, they can be hard to see in their natural wooded habitats.

Quetzal-2.jpg

But heck I am not sure most of Guatemalans could give such an elaborate explanation about something that is local by us, wouldnt mind other persons with this.
Is like in geography most people dont know where the countries are, name of capitals etc.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I am latino, and if am surrounded by asians, africans, etc I am sure going to be called latino. Is the fastest simplest way to identify me by a another person that doesnt know me.
And viceversa too. The blonde, the redhair, the white, the black, the yellow. etc The fat, the tall, the bald, the bearded, the one with glasses etc. There are stereotypes for a reason because it is convenient, easy and effective. Some could be taken as offensive but it depends on the context and situation. To me the Webo episode is overdimensioned.

if I would have to describe you the Quetzal, the national bird of Guatemala, would say is green with red, a bit more descriptive would be is a bird that lives on the humid forests with a vibrant green on its body with red on the chest. More technical would be

Quetzals
(/kɛtˈsɑːl, ˈkɛtsəl/) are strikingly colored birds in the trogon family. They are found in forests, especially in humid highlands, with the five species from the genus Pharomachrus being exclusively Neotropical, while a single species, the eared quetzal, Euptilotis neoxenus, is found in Mexico and very locally in the southernmost United States.[1] Quetzals are fairly large (all over 32 cm or 13 inches long), slightly bigger than other trogon species.[2][3] The resplendent quetzal is the national bird of Guatemala because of its vibrant colour.

Quetzals have iridescent green or golden-green wing coverts, back, chest and head, with a red belly. They are strongly sexually dimorphic, and parts of the females' plumage are brown or grey. These largely solitary birds feed on fruits, berries, insects and small vertebrates (such as frogs).[2][3] Even with their famous bright plumage, they can be hard to see in their natural wooded habitats.

Quetzal-2.jpg

But heck I am not sure most of Guatemalans could give such an elaborate explanation about something that is local by us, wouldnt mind other persons with this.
Is like in geography most people dont know where the countries are, name of capitals etc.
@Quetzalcoatl

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Quetzals

Quetzal-2.jpg

when I lived in Mexico people called me white guy whenever they didn’t know my name. Latinos get pretty racist about indigenous stuff, having darker skin, and pure (Spanish) bloodlines. But they also use race as a descriptor which means you really have to understand the context of the use of the word before you make accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)