Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It's really just a cultural thing. Where I'm from everyone uses race/skin colour to describe or identify people and no one has a problem. My black friends are talking about how ridiculous it is that this is an issue. But i guess in certain parts of the world stuff like that is more sensitive
We live in a world impacted by Snowflakes, SJWs, and Social Media. This combination is incredibly toxic. Having said that, the ref should've been more savvy.

Anyway, our options in the next round are ATM, Leipzig, Salzburg, Ajax, Porto, Real, Monchengladbach, and PSG.

I'd like us to draw Ajax if they make it through. If not, I wouldn't mind Porto or Leipzig.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
This is ignorant BS you´re spewing. The dude is a UEFA official he should know the context. I´m half black myself, I understand Webo´s reaction.

You´re a clown don´t call me an idiot for pointing out something which is sensitive for a lot of people.
No, it isn't.

Maybe I should not have called you an idiot but I do invite you to think through the implications of what it is you are saying/ expecting.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Its not a Balkans thing. I call black people black and never use "African American"
Well, i suppose it would be pretty extreme to call Demba Ba an "African American", mainly because he's from Senegal :D

- - - Updated - - -

This is ignorant BS you´re spewing. The dude is a UEFA official he should know the context. I´m half black myself, I understand Webo´s reaction.

You´re a clown don´t call me an idiot for pointing out something which is sensitive for a lot of people.
So, you've eavesdropped my conversation (in my native language), misunderstood the meaning and made a scene. Yet it is me who is ignorant and i should apologise you? Makes sense.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Its not a Balkans thing. I call black people black and never use "African American"
I was talking about "the white guy", not "the black guy". I used the Balkans and Romania as the ref's country because everyone is white and because even here everyone will say "the white guy" if it's one white dude among more non-white people.
The 4th official was attacked by Demba Ba or Webo(?) that he wouldn't have used "the white guy" if it was a white player.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Negro/nigger is well-known derogatory word in English, yeah the official UEFA language used in CL games.
Carl Lewis would be proud of this leap.

As Alen already pointed out, the word for "black" in Romanian sounds like an ethnic slur in English. Which is not surprising, as they come from the same latin source word. But it's hardly enough reason for this meltdown.

Do we want to remove context completely and jump at anything which may vaguely be categorised as insulting? Are BAME/black people looking to take ownership of the word "black" as they do "n****r/n***a", in every world language? I'm sure they don't, it's ridiculous. Or else the rest of us would have to use a word like "darkest grey" to describe. We'd have to change our nickname from "i bianconeri" to "i biancoscurogrigi".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)