Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
when I lived in Mexico people called me white guy whenever they didn’t know my name. Latinos get pretty racist about indigenous stuff, having darker skin, and pure (Spanish) bloodlines. But they also use race as a descriptor which means you really have to understand the context of the use of the word before you make accusations
Pinche gringo güero.

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
when I lived in Mexico people called me white guy whenever they didn’t know my name. Latinos get pretty racist about indigenous stuff, having darker skin, and pure (Spanish) bloodlines. But they also use race as a descriptor which means you really have to understand the context of the use of the word before you make accusations
Nice I hope you spent a good time in Mexico.
We have an interesting mix of races here in Guatemala. I see that it in a positive way.
Guatemala shares a border with Mexico and are similar in many ways, for the good and bad. To the people of united states, british or almost any european country are called white guy, gringo, or canche = "blonde" by the majority of guatemalans(generalization is a stereotype for convenience) but yet again it is related to the situation. I had been called here by my own countrymen as canche, chino = chinese, ladino = mix of anything with mayan descent and called other ways no big deal etc, as you may see there is no pattern related on appearance to follow just to call the people that differsfrom you in other way. And we have a lot of ethnicities here. (and you can imagine the mix I am and how I look xD)
Yet there is the context in everything, it will depend the way is called and the demeanor. There are people that are black, mayan, asian descendants in Guatemala and the ones that are my friends I call them negro, negri, negrito, and viceversa they said chino, canchito, chinito, canche, chini etc (but you can also see people that just met by some minutes interact by the same way, it depends the intention is said)
As I can say "I love you" with sarcasm and "I love you" with real meaning. I see it that way.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nice I hope you spent a good time in Mexico.
We have an interesting mix of races here in Guatemala. I see that it in a positive way.
Guatemala shares a border with Mexico and are similar in many ways, for the good and bad. To the people of united states, british or almost any european country are called white guy, gringo, or canche = "blonde" by the majority of guatemalans(generalization is a stereotype for convenience) but yet again it is related to the situation. I had been called here by my own countrymen as canche, chino = chinese, ladino = mix of anything with mayan descent and called other ways no big deal etc, as you may see there is no pattern related on appearance to follow just to call the people that differsfrom you in other way. And we have a lot of ethnicities here. (and you can imagine the mix I am and how I look xD)
Yet there is the context in everything, it will depend the way is called and the demeanor. There are people that are black, mayan, asian descendants in Guatemala and the ones that are my friends I call them negro, negri, negrito, and viceversa they said chino, canchito, chinito, canche, chini etc (but you can also see people that just met by some minutes interact by the same way, it depends the intention is said)
As I can say "I love you" with sarcasm and "I love you" with real meaning. I see it that way.
very cool some of my best friends in Mexico were Guatemalans. Context is indeed very important in a culture where literally everything can have a doble sentido

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
very cool some of my best friends in Mexico were Guatemalans. Context is indeed very important in a culture where literally everything can have a doble sentido
Great to see my countrymen were warm with you. Yes, the doble sentido is complicated and funny at the same time.
Ps pinche guero canche Enron.
Ps2. you should visit Guatemala in the future. :)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I get all that, context matters.

In this situation there were at least 3 black guys on the bench between assistants and players. Kind of hard to take it any other way than at least unprofessional from a guy who should know everyone by name.
And if there were at least 3 black guys, why did he say "the black guy"? Which one? The one with the darkest skin among them?
Let's first see the whole discussion. I am guessing that he already told the ref that one of the assistant coaches is throwing insults and when he was asked which one, he said the black guy, since the other black folks were obviously younger and had the uniform of a bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)