Champions League 2020-21 #CeferinOut (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
If you´re a UEFA referee, gone through years of training and guidelines and use "negro" on the touchline you´re retarded. Not the coaching staff or the players.
negru just means black in romanian so if black is the political correct term in the anglosphere so why the can't romanians or south americans use their equivalent of the same word

This whole episode is disgraceful for another reason namely because it baits out another wave of unnecessary racial tensions out of nowhere while I imagine most blacks would love to finally get out of that undignified victim role

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
If you´re a UEFA referee, gone through years of training and guidelines and use "negro" on the touchline you´re retarded. Not the coaching staff or the players.
I have to agree. The players have names and numbers on their jerseys ffs... pick an option other than his skin colour.

*I am not saying the referee is racist*.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It's really just a cultural thing. Where I'm from everyone uses race/skin colour to describe or identify people and no one has a problem. My black friends are talking about how ridiculous it is that this is an issue. But i guess in certain parts of the world stuff like that is more sensitive

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
negru just means black in romanian so if black is the political correct term in the anglosphere so why the can't romanians or south americans use their equivalent of the same word

This whole episode is disgraceful for another reason namely because it baits out another wave of unnecessary racial tensions out of nowhere while I imagine most blacks would love to finally get out of that undignified victim role
What if you're a spanish referee? Negro is black in Spanish
Again, this guy works for UEFA, the creator of "No to Racism" and still says that word? That he was speaking his own language makes no difference whatsoever. Negro/nigger is well-known derogatory word in English, yeah the official UEFA language used in CL games.

A lot of black people have been hurt, degraded, beaten and threatened with that word. Pierre Webo played in Europe, who probably has experienced racism first-hand on football pitches, by that exact same word. You don´t get to chose how a person of another race should react to that.

It´s retarded AF by a UEFA 4th official to even use it, more so on a football pitch in an official CL game. That word can bring a lot of negative emotions/memories out of an individual. The whole setting is messed up too, he´s pointing to him and blatantly saying negro. In another setting he might´ve got clocked. People mention other black persons who don´t care, maybe they haven´t experienced what another black individual has.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
There has been many situations over the years when teams should of walked off the pitch because of racism but this wasn't one of them.

After the year we've had it wasn't going to take much to trigger something.

Where I come from what the 4th official said wasn't racist. I expect and hope Uefa back him and clear the situation up which I feel is just a case of poor communication.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, this guy works for UEFA, the creator of "No to Racism" and still says that word? That he was speaking his own language makes no difference whatsoever. Negro/nigger is well-known derogatory word in English, yeah the official UEFA language used in CL games.

A lot of black people have been hurt, degraded, beaten and threatened with that word. Pierre Webo played in Europe, who probably has experienced racism first-hand on football pitches, by that exact same word. You don´t get to chose how a person of another race should react to that.

It´s retarded AF by a UEFA 4th official to even use it, more so on a football pitch in an official CL game. That word can bring a lot of negative emotions/memories out of an individual. The whole setting is messed up too, he´s pointing to him and blatantly saying negro. In another setting he might´ve got clocked. People mention other black persons who don´t care, maybe they haven´t experienced what another black individual has.
Context is important here and what he said was never intented to be racist.

He said the black guy in his own language. There's nothing wrong with using the word black to describe someone. If there is then why am I allowed to say Black lives matter?

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

So now every UEFA official needs to know every potential slur (or something that sounds like a slur) in every language and actively self censor? Does anything and everthing that is potentially offensive (or similar to something offensive) to black people need to be removed? When do the non black races get this priveledge to decide how others can talk and have to alter their language?

Do Asians get the same priveledge or do Koreans have to drop their word for hello? How about latinos? jews? whites?

You're an idiot

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
So now every UEFA official needs to know every potential slur (or something that sounds like a slur) in every language and actively self censor? Does anything and everthing that is potentially offensive (or similar to something offensive) to black people need to be removed? When do the non black races get this priveledge to decide how others can talk and have to alter their language?

Do Asians get the same priveledge or do Koreans have to drop their word for hello? How about latinos? jews? whites?

You're an idiot
This is ignorant BS you´re spewing. The dude is a UEFA official he should know the context. I´m half black myself, I understand Webo´s reaction.

You´re a clown don´t call me an idiot for pointing out something which is sensitive for a lot of people.

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If Man U had any sense they would hire someone like Beppe or Paratici to oversee their team. Imagine what they could do with Man U's budget

Too bad they're too dumb for that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)