Champions League 2019/20 (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Italian teams had a record season in terms of coefficient in 2014-15 while English teams had a terrible year. This season, the 2014/15 results are no longer taken into consideration in the rankings, which is why the gap between Italy and England is now massive.
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/crank2020.html
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/crank2019.html
This year’s results haven’t had much of an impact so far.
I'm well aware of this.
Even without season 14/15, at the start of last season the difference between EPL and Serie A from seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 was "only" 6 points and Italy was 3rd, fighting for 2nd.
Now, the difference is 17 points with tendency to become higher. Of course, it has to do with the great results of the EPL, but also with the average results of serie A teams last year and even this year. We're at the beginning of the season, and the Italians already lost a team in Europe (Torino), are close to losing another one (Atalanta) and they're losing points where they shouldn't.

Buy on AliExpress.com

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
I'm well aware of this.
Even without season 14/15, at the start of last season the difference between EPL and Serie A from seasons 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18 was "only" 6 points and Italy was 3rd, fighting for 2nd.
Now, the difference is 17 points with tendency to become higher. Of course, it has to do with the great results of the EPL, but also with the average results of serie A teams last year and even this year. We're at the beginning of the season, and the Italians already lost a team in Europe (Torino), are close to losing another one (Atalanta) and they're losing points where they shouldn't.
Oh I agree totally, Italian teams suck in Europe.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
allegri was right italians are too obsessed with tactics and you see it in europe when the often slow paced overly thought out sides lose embarrasingly to mediocre eastern european sides every single season

May 23, 2013
So who do we see as the favorites for the CL this season?
Out of the favorites this is what I see:
Barca- Look trash, but may be down to Messi's injury. Still as a team they are no where near Barca of 2011 or 2015.
Madrid- Look poor as last season but somehow top of their league.
PSG- Look very good thus far and signed a killer in Icardi. But they are PSG, so you can expect a choke somewhere down the line.
Bayern- Look great so far, but based off their performances last season im not expecting much.
Liverpool- The current Champions and probably have a higher peak performance than any other team. But I think they'll be more focused on the Prem.
Man City- Could be their year. especially if Liverpool build an unbreakable gap in the league. But like PSG they are chokers.
Spurs- Was never impressed with them, not even last season. Could realistically miss out on the KO stage.
Atletico- Always a tough team, they could pull it off.
Dortmund- Rather unlikely.
Inter-LOL
Juventus- I say this every year, but I really feel this is our year.
Napoli
- LOL
Ajax
- They still look as good as last season, with players like Ziyech, Tadic. Who knows what they can pull off.

Aug 2, 2005
Since 1995, I have met ManU, Liverpool, Much less Arsenal, Bayern, RM, Barca, Inter, Milan, Roma, one Lazio fan, But never met Man city, or a PSG fan,, is this same in other regions in the world.
Are there non French or non British fans for those 2 clubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Since 1995, I have met ManU, Liverpool, Much less Arsenal, Bayern, RM, Barca, Inter, Milan, Roma, one Lazio fan, But never met Man city, or a PSG fan,, is this same in other regions in the world.

there are a bunch of city fans in the US. Liverpool fans too. its gross.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Not where i live, but i suppose @lgorTudor comes across lot's of doctors in PSG tracksuits.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Here in the US, you see Tottenham fans every once in a while (apart from the usual suspects), which I find really funny because Americans are obsessed with winning.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Here in the US, you see Tottenham fans every once in a while (apart from the usual suspects), which I find really funny because Americans are obsessed with winning.
the most popular team I’ve seen here is arsenal so I guess not that obsessed with winning after all. The hipsters started with Arsenal, not sure how it became so popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)