Champions League 2019/20 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
To determine if a team is stronger than another you don't just compare the individuals, you look at the team as a cohesive unit and we've shown thus far to be a better team than Barcelona even if it's early and it can change.

About Barca's defence, I watched their game against Inter and Piqué-Lenglet was garbage
I think the bigger problem is the lack of cover they have. Having attackers run at your defenders in the open field is an invite for trouble no matter who you have as the CBs. Inter simply bypassed their press too easily and had all the space in the world to attack in to.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Is Pique-Lenglet a bad defensive pair? I rate them at about the same level as Bonucci-DeLigt. Jordi Alba is the same level as Alex Sandro. Cuads is a better player than Semedo but not necessarily a better fullback.

I think they have a slightly better attack than us. Let’s assume Ronaldo=Messi for the sake of the argument. I think Griezmann is a little bit better than Dybala and Suarez is a bit better than Higuain.

They also have a better midfield than us. Vidal, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur and of course De Jong. I rate De Jong very highly. He’s only 22 and already has show plenty of world class performances against top opposition.

Ter Stegen is probably a bit better than the Pole.

All subjective of course but I think they are slightly stronger than us.
Barca has more names than performers, and no balance. The 3 forwards you name are awesome of course, but they cant play together effectively. Suarez is also quite far from his peak. His quality can shine in a match but no longer in a season.

Behind them you have the flop Dembele, Fati and Perez. That's not much.

Busquets is absolutely finished, and has been for a while. It's better for them when De Jong plays in the center, but Valverde wont bench Busquets for good. Rakitic is to them what Khedira is to us. A solid performer past his prime that a lot of the fanbase hates too much, but he is better than our german. Vidal should always start and he isn't the Vidal of Juve, he has declined. Arthur and De Jong are the bright spots but they aren't allowed to shine properly. Forget about Busquets and start FDJ in the center with Arthur and Vidal on either side.

On defense they have Semedo or Roberto. That is their Danilo or De Sciglio choice, except they are both worse than our scapegoats, and we have Cuadrado now. Alba and Pique are effective. Lenglet is fine. Ter Stegen is of course better than Szczesny.

Their squad is a bit disorganized and mismatched with their coach, like ours last season. Messi-Suarez-Griezmann doesnt work, one has to go.

Their big talent can put them on par with anyone (Messi, Suarez, Ter Stegen, De Jong) but they are too uneven. Too many gaps. This is the Barca that dropped 3-0 leads to Roma and Liverpool. Dont see them beating us, Liverpool, City, or even Atletico in CL.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Is Pique-Lenglet a bad defensive pair? I rate them at about the same level as Bonucci-DeLigt. Jordi Alba is the same level as Alex Sandro. Cuads is a better player than Semedo but not necessarily a better fullback.

I think they have a slightly better attack than us. Let’s assume Ronaldo=Messi for the sake of the argument. I think Griezmann is a little bit better than Dybala and Suarez is a bit better than Higuain.

They also have a better midfield than us. Vidal, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur and of course De Jong. I rate De Jong very highly. He’s only 22 and already has show plenty of world class performances against top opposition.

What about their bench though? We have way more depth in almost every area of the pitch.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Atalanta`s midfielder - City has something extra on top of Juventus.
Yeah they know how to demolish better their opponents but then again they get defeated way more often than Juve.. Sounds like a typical stupid football fan who gets over-whelmed when he sees a team win 5-0...
City will go through to the next round but expect them to reach the QF at best and then they crash out as usual...

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: ..and now with Sarri we finally have a Klopp-level coach, so we can do it even without a proper midfield. Not like Allegri before, who just played well with Pogba-Vidal-Pirlo and Marchisio.
You are joking right?!
What Klopp has done with Liverpool is far greater than what Sarri did with Napoli or Chelsea..
Klopp is now going on the impossible mission to win the EPL and the funny thing is his team in terms of individual quality isnt that great..
Salah is very good but he is even better in Klopps system
Mane is a good player but he is outstanding under Klopp
Robertson isnt bad
Arnold is the best young fullback
Alisson is one of the top 5 GK

Apart from that they arent even that great
Hell in terms of team strength I can name many who are as good as Liverpool but Klopp just made them work like a magnificent machine...

Sarri isnt bad that far and his system means our mid should play better but lets face it - Unless Ramsey or Rabiot step up - we actually have the same crappy midfield of last year...

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously?! Pique is a has been and Lenglet isnt great at all - Bonucci De Ligt are way better
A.Sandro>Alba
Cuad-Semedo - about the same - you said it perfectly

As for their attack - I dont know - Their whole game is also due to their midfield - They have Messi Suarez Greizmann and we have Ronaldo Higuain D.C (who is super underrated) and we have Dybala vs Dembele which both have their ups and downs
I`d take Suarez over Higuain but I wouldnt take Greizmann over D.Costa who can change a game with his super ball control and dribbling skills..
Midfield - Its a no contest actually..
Vidal isnt in his prime but he is still a good player.
Rakitic - I dont even rate him that high but he was a subject of coming here and become a starter while he is on the bench in Barcelona...
Arthur - Not bad but I wouldnt say great either...
De Jong - IMO He is phenomenal and last year`s best performing midfielder in the CL.

Stegen>Pole - No doubt about it..

Overall we crap on them when talking defense
They crap on us when talking about midfield (unless our two freebies rise to the occasion)
Attack - pretty much

Overall we are currently at their level (maybe even a bit better) but the fun fact is we are getting better after each game and we are definitely expected to improve while they...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)