Champions League 2019/20 (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
the most popular team I’ve seen here is arsenal so I guess not that obsessed with winning after all. The hipsters started with Arsenal, not sure how it became so popular
easy. style of play, basically if you only watch highlights, see those intricate passing moves and flicks leading to five goals against europa league teams, you would think arsenal are awesome.

and the english language commentary is rock hard for any EPL side.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
IMO Barcelona have the best squad in the world by a decent margin.

thankfully their coach is trash.
Compared to who? And do you mean the best squad as a first XI or full roaster?

I disagree regardless, especially not by quite a margin compared to this Juventus side who don’t need to rely on rookies and academy players to fill in when needed, however yes, as a first XI i’d label them as on par with us or maybe even slightly better but that’s about it.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Their defence is thrash.
Is Pique-Lenglet a bad defensive pair? I rate them at about the same level as Bonucci-DeLigt. Jordi Alba is the same level as Alex Sandro. Cuads is a better player than Semedo but not necessarily a better fullback.

I think they have a slightly better attack than us. Let’s assume Ronaldo=Messi for the sake of the argument. I think Griezmann is a little bit better than Dybala and Suarez is a bit better than Higuain.

They also have a better midfield than us. Vidal, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur and of course De Jong. I rate De Jong very highly. He’s only 22 and already has show plenty of world class performances against top opposition.

Ter Stegen is probably a bit better than the Pole.

All subjective of course but I think they are slightly stronger than us.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Is Pique-Lenglet a bad defensive pair? I rate them at about the same level as Bonucci-DeLigt. Jordi Alba is the same level as Alex Sandro. Cuads is a better player than Semedo but not necessarily a better fullback.

I think they have a slightly better attack than us. Let’s assume Ronaldo=Messi for the sake of the argument. I think Griezmann is a little bit better than Dybala and Suarez is a bit better than Higuain.

They also have a better midfield than us. Vidal, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur and of course De Jong. I rate De Jong very highly. He’s only 22 and already has show plenty of world class performances against top opposition.

Ter Stegen is probably a bit better than the Pole.

All subjective of course but I think they are slightly stronger than us.
To determine if a team is stronger than another you don't just compare the individuals, you look at the team as a cohesive unit and we've shown thus far to be a better team than Barcelona even if it's early and it can change.

About Barca's defence, I watched their game against Inter and Piqué-Lenglet was garbage

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
To determine if a team is stronger than another you don't just compare the individuals, you look at the team as a cohesive unit and we've shown thus far to be a better team than Barcelona even if it's early and it can change.
Yeah, IMO that’s because we have a better coach.

If you put Sarri in charge of Barca and Valverde in charge of Juve, I think we’d become a disorganized mess very quickly.

Under the right coach, De Jong would become an absolute monster. His ceiling is even higher than Pogba.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I’m using Liverpool as an example. Look at their midfield trio individually. Proper gash. But as a team they work.
:agree: ..and now with Sarri we finally have a Klopp-level coach, so we can do it even without a proper midfield. Not like Allegri before, who just played well with Pogba-Vidal-Pirlo and Marchisio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)