Status
Not open for further replies.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He got asked a simple question about having to win something to be successful and remembered in the history of Liverpool.. and he went off on a little tangent about how he couldn't be less interested in that, he didn't care if he would be remembered, he didn't care about anyone else's opinion, and how only god could judge him. :lol2:
Should have just used Pochettino's quote.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Perfect draw. Not because Ajax are weak, they are not. And not only this particular draw was perfect, but the entire play-off path for Juventus.

I never mentioned it, but I was excited and at the same time relieved when in the round of 16 Juventus got Atletico. That was "finally!" type of satisfaction. Since their rise as a big club, I was irritated that they literally monopolized the areas of football expertise that always belonged to Juventus - great defense, tactics, and nerves of steel. Everyone suddenly started to believe that now they are the ones who set the bar for all these notions. And Juventus became kind of secondary to them. I waited for many years for this encounter at such a CL stage. And for their total demolition, which would show them their real place. And, finally, it happened.

Now it's Ajax. Complete opposite of Atletico. Instead of Atletico's suffocation, they breath and let their opponents breath too. Light and pleasant football.

After them it will probably be Manchester City. Allegri vs. Pep. The best clubs representing two opposite systems of football philosophy.

At the end of the day, it will be a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Perfect balance of everything that modern football can offer. And, if everything goes as it should, epic final against one of the most hyped clubs of the recent years.

Perfect draw.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Man City's April schedule is not easy:

• 6th April = FA Cup semi-final (@ Wembley, possibly v United)
  • 9th April = Spurs (A)
  • 14th April = Palace (A)
  • 17th April = Spurs (H)
  • 20th April = Spurs (H)
  • 24th April = United (A)

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Man City's April schedule is not easy:

• 6th April = FA Cup semi-final (@ Wembley, possibly v United)
  • 9th April = Spurs (A)
  • 14th April = Palace (A)
  • 17th April = Spurs (H)
  • 20th April = Spurs (H)
  • 24th April = United (A)
Damn difficult schedule! They'll be tired and theyll probably get injuries. Gundogan and Fernandinho are the most imporant players for Pep.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Just from reading the comments the last few pages. Some people said this is the best possible draw which I highly doubt to be honest.
IMO, it's the 3rd best draw behind Porto and Man U but definietly nowhere near easy or guaranteed.Hope Allegri makes sure to rest key players like ronaldo, pjanic, etc in the league matches before and after each leg

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Just from reading the comments the last few pages. Some people said this is the best possible draw which I highly doubt to be honest.
IMO, it's the 3rd best draw behind Porto and Man U but definietly nowhere near easy or guaranteed.Hope Allegri makes sure to rest key players like ronaldo, pjanic, etc in the league matches before and after each leg

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So Semi Finals is likely to be Juve vs City and Liverpool vs Barcelona
I have a feeling of a 85 replay (this time with a more friendly atmosphere...)
As for our current opponents - We are stronger defensively than Real Madrid and much more organized so I expect us to go through even though that we shouldnt disrespect Ajax who already shown they are serious (Bayern in the groups and now Real)
Great opportunity to scout De Ligt and other Ajax talents - I think this draw is good on so many levels..

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Since Cuadrado is out of the CL list we simply must recover Costa in the next week or two.

Such a player is extremely important for this stage of CL.

Every player in the squad should be included and rotated in our games in the next 4 weeks so that everyone is well rested for total pressing and grinta in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)