Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Man City's April schedule is not easy:

• 6th April = FA Cup semi-final (@ Wembley, possibly v United)
  • 9th April = Spurs (A)
  • 14th April = Palace (A)
  • 17th April = Spurs (H)
  • 20th April = Spurs (H)
  • 24th April = United (A)
Damn difficult schedule! They'll be tired and theyll probably get injuries. Gundogan and Fernandinho are the most imporant players for Pep.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Just from reading the comments the last few pages. Some people said this is the best possible draw which I highly doubt to be honest.
IMO, it's the 3rd best draw behind Porto and Man U but definietly nowhere near easy or guaranteed.Hope Allegri makes sure to rest key players like ronaldo, pjanic, etc in the league matches before and after each leg

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012

Just from reading the comments the last few pages. Some people said this is the best possible draw which I highly doubt to be honest.
IMO, it's the 3rd best draw behind Porto and Man U but definietly nowhere near easy or guaranteed.Hope Allegri makes sure to rest key players like ronaldo, pjanic, etc in the league matches before and after each leg

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So Semi Finals is likely to be Juve vs City and Liverpool vs Barcelona
I have a feeling of a 85 replay (this time with a more friendly atmosphere...)
As for our current opponents - We are stronger defensively than Real Madrid and much more organized so I expect us to go through even though that we shouldnt disrespect Ajax who already shown they are serious (Bayern in the groups and now Real)
Great opportunity to scout De Ligt and other Ajax talents - I think this draw is good on so many levels..

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Since Cuadrado is out of the CL list we simply must recover Costa in the next week or two.

Such a player is extremely important for this stage of CL.

Every player in the squad should be included and rotated in our games in the next 4 weeks so that everyone is well rested for total pressing and grinta in CL.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
Since Cuadrado is out of the CL list we simply must recover Costa in the next week or two.

Such a player is extremely important for this stage of CL.

Every player in the squad should be included and rotated in our games in the next 4 weeks so that everyone is well rested for total pressing and grinta in CL.
Pressing and grinta in the same sentence with Costa. :disagree:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
How often do the 4 strongest teams make the semi-finals?

On paper there are 4 clear teams you'd expect to make it through but every year there is at least one shock team that makes it to the semi's (look at Roma v Barca last year or Monaco v Man City the year before). We just need to hope it isn't Ajax this year, but I think that Tottenham have the potential to cause a surprise. Even Man Utd seem to have the bizarre luck to squeeze through.

JuveJay

起死回生
Mar 6, 2007
How often do the 4 strongest teams make the semi-finals?

On paper there are 4 clear teams you'd expect to make it through but every year there is at least one shock team that makes it to the semi's (look at Roma v Barca last year or Monaco v Man City the year before). We just need to hope it isn't Ajax this year, but I think that Tottenham have the potential to cause a surprise. Even Man Utd seem to have the bizarre luck to squeeze through.
Looking at how the tournament is going I don't foresee the four people expect in the semis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 8)