Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Why because they scored 10 past schalke 7 of them at home? We got forwards In serie A who play better defence than that group. city will try to put 9999 passes together and our pressing will cut their throats simple as that. All we got to worry is individual brilliance from likes of Aguero but titi-kaka is no match. Barca is the only real worry for a final but I can see them choke too because of our press.
How many more times do I have to say that I think we will beat them and that they don't impress me in Europe.

All I said was I hope they choke which is understandable as they are the most in form team in Europe right and now and apart from our great game against Atletico we have been poor. Do any of you read posts properly?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Very happy with this draw. Despite how good they were in Madrid i still think Real's performance flattered them hugely. They arent going to get those kinds of counter attacking chances against us so easily. Not with Emre "steel" Can as DM

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Can't believe some are doubting this. Not that I think we're 100% going through nor I think we should let our guard down, no, certainly not, but draw went in our favor. If we can't beat fucking Ajax then we don't deserve to be in this competition, let alone win it.

I think we'll enter this match with a cold brain and pull our best. I don't expect many goals as we'll play a lot safer than against Atletico in the second match. I expect us going through quite easily, though.

It's silly to wish we drew City or any other match where stress level and pressure would be a lot higher.

If we go out we'll got only ourselves to blame. Not ref, not draw, not slippery pitch, but ourselves.
To me the real test was beating atletico and not after they went up 2-0 in first leg but even before. They were a very tough draw but the WAY we handled it I'm willing to say we can and will beat any team, if we play with that intensity the trophy is already in Turin. I don't remember the last time I've seen a team completely demolish a top team the way we did, a team with best defense who came only to defend..No team except Barca has ability on ball to breathe through our press and physicality. We got this.

Oct 23, 2011
Ajax has an impressive record this season in Europe against big teams and is impressive overall tbh, drawing Bayern twice, and winning in Bernabeu. They are a very energetic team that press opponents very high on the pitch, and we should definitely not underestimate them at all cost.

Having said that, I think this is the best possible draw for us, also looking forward to a potential semi-final. I can't believe how overrated City is btw, year after year people think they are the favorites to win it all, but they choke every single time they face a topside. I have never seen a team be this hyped without warrant.

Jul 7, 2018
Statistically, in the last 10 years its exactly 50/50. If we only count quarter finals and semi finals, because we can assume that the two sides are even on average, 30/60 times the home team in the first leg qualified.

I think we should rather look at our own record with Allegri and we have done quite well when we've played the first leg at home. We beat both Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Yep, but we also lost 3-0 with Real Madrid last year and we got a tie with Tottenham.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
How many more times do I have to say that I think we will beat them and that they don't impress me in Europe.

All I said was I hope they choke which is understandable as they are the most in form team in Europe right and now and apart from our great game against Atletico we have been poor. Do any of you read posts properly?
Yes read it properly however saying I hope they choke implies believing as a fact that they are the most in form in europe because they put 10 past a paper mache defense so replying to that. I get what you mean though.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Yes read it properly however saying I hope they choke implies believing as a fact that they are the most in form in europe because they put 10 past a paper mache defense so replying to that. I get what you mean though.
I didn't say because they put 10 past Shalke I said they haven't Impressed me in Europe.

Sooner or later they are gonna come good just as Chelsea did.
Pep knows his way around Europe too so that's something else to consider. If or when we meet them we will need to be at our best or else we have to hope they choke. Simple.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
No need to overthink this. They have a great attack, very lively, aggressive etc. but as much as they trashed Real in the second game they couldn't do shit while Ramos was playing and in the second game RM literally missed 3 sitters in the 6 yard box. Their defense apart from De Ligt is pure trash and their GK is a big liability. Unless we play dumb and score 3 own goals like vs Atalanta in Coppa we're going through easily. I say 3 or 4 goals difference in the end.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
I didn't say because they put 10 past Shalke I said they haven't Impressed me in Europe.

Sooner or later they are gonna come good just as Chelsea did.
Pep knows his way around Europe too so that's something else to consider. If or when we meet them we will need to be at our best or else we have to hope they choke. Simple.
You said most in form in europe. Last thing they did was beat schalke 10-2 so it's natural for a reader of your post to point that out (is this why you think they are in form? etc) if they impress you in europe or not is not relevant to believing that at the moment they are in form or not.
And on choking, if we go up against LA Galaxy we have to be on our best or we will lose, simple. Otherwise we have to hope they make mistakes. This is a general statement true in any scenario.
I get what you're trying to say but it's the writing too not only up to reading.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I really wanted to play Man United again this year but I won't complain.

A final against them would be the dream but it won't happen.
No it wouldnt considering our record and you can never be so sure what Juve what turn up. I expect Barca to knock them out. If we meet Barca in the final, that would be perfect.

tvrtko

Mar 14, 2019
If/when we play against City, hopefully Max doesn't go as aggressive as in the 2nd leg against Atletico. Pep is a master at lightweight tiki-taka passing stuff, and that works like a charm when a team is putting a lot of pressure. They have great quick players, but besides that, I think they would easily choke against a side as Juve - tho, would rly love if Spurs could beat them.

Now Spurs vs. City - will be a an interesting match. I believe Pochettino isn't bad and imo if they come up with good tactics against City, they have a chance. Two legs goes in favor to Tottenham imo, and they are the underdog, so that could perhaps help them get their motivation up. Of course City has the pressure of lifting the Premier league title aswell.

Regarding Ajax - they are playing some nice football, but imo Allegri should aim at two cleansheet wins - Real is/was a mess. They shouldn't be able to upset us.

And Manutd vs. Barcelona - I think their defense is too weak to stand a chance against the likes of Coutinho, Suarez, Dembele and Messi. Only way of Manutd winning this one as I see it, is if top players like Pogba or Martial step up and have the best game of their life.

I feel like Barcelona beats Manutd - but the clash against Liverpool would be quite intense. I believe both teams can easily exploit each other defense.

All in all, interesting draws, semis will be really exciting.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Great draw. For me the two worst opponents are in the other half. Barca because they are the best team besides us in the tournament, and pool because I think we could strugle to contain their front three.

Ajax should be a walkover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)