Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Not sure, but statistically it's better this way isn't it?

But yeah, i too am a fan of getting the job done at home, possibly keeping a clean sheet, and then go for away goals in the return leg.
Statistically, in the last 10 years its exactly 50/50. If we only count quarter finals and semi finals, because we can assume that the two sides are even on average, 30/60 times the home team in the first leg qualified.

I think we should rather look at our own record with Allegri and we have done quite well when we've played the first leg at home. We beat both Real Madrid and Barcelona.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Good draw, I did not want to get Ajax because they are somehow an unknown entity and they have a huge energy boost in beating Real. We also tend to be complacent when the opponent is not as big. Let's hope we have really learned lessons and go for the matches in the right mentality.

City or Tottenham afterwards? hmmm everything was made so that City and barca would not meet before the final? Let's make sure they won't meet at all.

Overall the draw was good and as many said meeting Liverpool or City later is an advantage. If we make it past Ajax I still think I'd rather meet City than Tottenham who have all the focus on the CL:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
They are dangerous, but also very young overall.

If we play to our standards, they should have a hell of a time containing us. We will surely struggle with their offense and youth, but we have tricky players that if playing in top gear, will for sure complicate deligth and co.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Ajax is a good draw and the game plan to beat them is exactly like we played the 2nd leg. Bar from city and Barca no team has the technical know how to play against that kind of pressure.
We murdered the best defence In the world the only thing left to worry is the one game final against probably barcelona if we don't score an own goal or some Juve final jinx, I think CR smells the CL trophy already and I think we got this one.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
If we were drawn against City we would be the favorites. Saying that we would need them to choke in order to progress is madness.
That's not madness. If City play their best game and we don't they will beat us. They are the most in form team in Europe right now and have players who can really hurt us.

I still expect us to beat them but it's not madness to say I hope they choke.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
City are yet to face a top team

But lets talk about Ajax first
Don't get me wrong I still think we will beat them, I haven't been impressed by them in Europe.. ever.

All I said was I hope they choke ( as per usual) which I think is a reasonable thing to say. He seems to think what I said was madness :D

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Naah Tottenham won't drop out of top 4
I would be surprised if they do drop out of top 4, but with 3 losses and a draw in their last 4 Premshit games Spurs definitely have to be more careful and concentrated on the league. Also their next Premshit game is away at Liverpool and would also have to visit Man City twice in a row in space of 4 days so things could get very ugly for them real quick.

One of Chelsea and Arsenal would eventually sacrifice a game or two in the League and look for a ticket for CL by winning the Europa League, there`s a possibility of a Chelsea - Arsenal final, if Spurs and United lock down the top 4 along with City and Pool, that would be some final - winner gets a trophy and a CL spot, loser gets to play in Europa League again next season. :lol:

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
That's not madness. If City play their best game and we don't they will beat us. They are the most in form team in Europe right now and have players who can really hurt us.

I still expect us to beat them but it's not madness to say I hope they choke.
Why because they scored 10 past schalke 7 of them at home? We got forwards In serie A who play better defence than that group. city will try to put 9999 passes together and our pressing will cut their throats simple as that. All we got to worry is individual brilliance from likes of Aguero but titi-kaka is no match. Barca is the only real worry for a final but I can see them choke too because of our press.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
One key factor is that Ajax have 6 players who are a yellow card away from suspension: De Ligt, Van de Beek, Mazraoui, Blind, Ziyech, Tagliafico.

Matuidi is the only player at risk for us.

Players on one yellow card: Dybala, Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Chiellini, Cuadrado :howler:, Rugani, Szczesny

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Can't believe some are doubting this. Not that I think we're 100% going through nor I think we should let our guard down, no, certainly not, but draw went in our favor. If we can't beat fucking Ajax then we don't deserve to be in this competition, let alone win it.

I think we'll enter this match with a cold brain and pull our best. I don't expect many goals as we'll play a lot safer than against Atletico in the second match. I expect us going through quite easily, though.

It's silly to wish we drew City or any other match where stress level and pressure would be a lot higher.

If we go out we'll got only ourselves to blame. Not ref, not draw, not slippery pitch, but ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)