Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Definitely. We can't complain. But we've played poorly against teams who shared the sale enthusiastic style of playing. We will need to improve.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Other than Porto, every tie would have been tricky. Its far from easy and provides us with a new challenge. We can't rely on the 'in the end our quality will outshine them' because that's how Real saw it. It's clearly a 2 legged tie, i hope we treat it like that, even if we come home with a favourable first leg result.

Buy on AliExpress.com

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Gotta be weary of Ajax because our team has shown vulnerability to high pressing sides already this season like in the cup game against Atalanta and they have far less quality than Ajax. Our lack of a press-resistant ball carrying midfielder could hurt us too. We are definitely favourites but we have to go into the game with caution and know what to expect. Don’t want the guys going into it taking it easy cause it’s a smaller team cause we could be caught cold.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Not sure, but statistically it's better this way isn't it?

But yeah, i too am a fan of getting the job done at home, possibly keeping a clean sheet, and then go for away goals in the return leg.
I like home game first

Both teams are careful and reserved, chance to concede at home is low. 0-0 is not a bad result at home. Away you know the opponent better and games tend to be more open, chance to score is higher

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I like home game first

Both teams are careful and reserved, chance to concede at home is low. 0-0 is not a bad result at home. Away you know the opponent better and games tend to be more open, chance to score is higher
I fully agree with you, but Ajax, Liverpool and City are playing attack almost all the time. I think both games will be similar and it will be difficult to tell them apart. We should aim for victories in both legs.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
They could but they didn't and they lost... we need to take this game very seriously or we are getting screwed like Real.
Why would you think that there`s a chance our players wont take seriously a 1/4 final of a tournament they expressed their desire to go all the way and eventually win? The first game in Amsterdam is literally the first serious game we have in our calendar from now till the season end, if anything games like Milan at home (right before the first leg) or especially SPAL away (between the first and the second leg) are the ones that we can face with less or no respect for the opponent and resting every single one of our starters (if Max decides to do so), and (almost) everyone wont care less if we lost some points vs Milan or SPAL AND progress to the 1/2 final, just like (almost) noone would give a shit if we dont win Derby d`Italia, Derby della Mole and/or away vs Roma AND progress to the final.

The next three games we have are Genoa, Empoli and Cagliari which should be 9 points won, while Napoli has Roma away which they wont win and with potential 20+ pts lead we can play a mix of Juventus Women and Juventus Under 17 players in each and every game until the end of Serie A and still win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)