Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Advantage Bayern imo. Liverpool have been poor away from home. Lost to Napoli, Psg and Zvezda. I know Bayern have issues but this performance should give them confidence. Media was talking about high scoring game and Pool trash them. Instead Bayern game with a plan and played a good discipline game. Was actually disappointed with some of Liverpool attacking performances.

The crowd can lift Bayern in Munich. They do lack a bit of big game decider in attack. Robben and Ribery havent been replaced.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I only watched the second half and here is my observation.

Bayern
Terrible in offensive phase. Couldn't hold the ball at all, couldn't do a fast attack neither. People said they were defending good but the goal for Liverpool was in the air every time they approached the penalty area and they didn't have issues with bringing the ball there. Lewandowski is their only world class player these days it seems. As I said earlier the midfield three couldn't hold on to the ball nor create anything for the forwards. Gnabry and Coman wouldn't break into Napoli's first eleven. The French lost plenty balls in the middle leading to LFC dangerous counters and couldn't beat his man. You could see a difference when Ribery was introduced. Gnabry was just poor. Kimmich and Alaba didn't help in the offense at all. Sule and Hummels decent, along with Lewy the best on the field.

Liverpool
Very good up to the opposite penalty area. They miss a true CF in games like this. Generally they were much better than Bayern but who cares if they didn't score. Keita is a flop so far.

I'd say it's 50:50 in Munich.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Bayern
Terrible in offensive phase. Couldn't hold the ball at all, couldn't do a fast attack neither. People said they were defending good but the goal for Liverpool was in the air every time they approached the penalty area and they didn't have issues with bringing the ball there. Lewandowski is their only world class player these days it seems. As I said earlier the midfield three couldn't hold on to the ball nor create anything for the forwards. Gnabry and Coman wouldn't break into Napoli's first eleven. The French lost plenty balls in the middle leading to LFC dangerous counters and couldn't beat his man. You could see a difference when Ribery was introduced. Gnabry was just poor. Kimmich and Alaba didn't help in the offense at all. Sule and Hummels decent, along with Lewy the best on the field.

Liverpool
Very good up to the opposite penalty area. They miss a true CF in games like this. Generally they were much better than Bayern but who cares if they didn't score. Keita is a flop so far.

Liverpool are dreadful away from home, I expect Bayern to win in Germany.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

Bayern

Liverpool

You do understand that the defensive approach was our plan right from the start right?

No wonder we couldn’t string much together going forward, when 95% of our energy/focus were on the defensive and not to concede, there for looking quite bad in the offensive third.

Yes, we could have opened up more, but who says it wouod have helped? We had the chances to score even, but lacked the final descision. Our defensive play was very good tonight though.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
You do understand that the defensive approach was our plan right from the start right?

No wonder we couldn’t string much together going forward, when 95% of our energy/focus were on the defensive and not to concede, there for looking quite bad in the offensive third.

Yes, we could have opened up more, but who says it wouod have helped? We had the chances to score even, but lacked the final descision. Our defensive play was very good tonight though.
You did well. Right gameplan and good result given Pool's away record.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Bayern

Liverpool

I would say it is 80% Liverpool in Munich, one away goal and Bayenr will have a hard time outscoring them.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine how embarrassing it will be when we lose the CL final to Lyon or this rubbish Bayern. Or even Roma. :scared::sigh:
What would suck most is losing to PSG

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012

Yes, I do understand that. However, your defence looked dramatic in the second half. Your forward players couldn't keep a ball for a second to allow the defence catch a breath. You were lucky Liverpool doesn't have a striker that would have got the advantage of the constant chaos in your penalty area. Neither you got the advantage of VVD absence and the experimental pairing of Fabinho and Matip. I thought Bayern was going to exploit that. In Munich the Dutch will be back and you will have to attack what might bite you back since LFC thrives in counters.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Yes, I do understand that. However, your defence looked dramatic in the second half. Your forward players couldn't keep a ball for a second to allow the defence catch a breath. You were lucky Liverpool doesn't have a striker that would have got the advantage of the constant chaos in your penalty area. Neither you got the advantage of VVD absence and the experimental pairing of Fabinho and Matip. I thought Bayern was going to exploit that. In Munich the Dutch will be back and you will have to attack what might bite you back since LFC thrives in counters.

Yes our defense looked dramatic, but I still think they dealed very well with the pressure. Especially Hummels and Javi Martínez.

Our offensive was very bad, and should have been able to hold the ball more, but in general I think it was a good game plan from Kovac. If we had chosen to open up we could have been battered hard. Should we have exploided more? Given how shaky we are this season, we shouldnt imo.

VVD will be back for the return leg, but the good thing is Liverpool is totally different from home and away. At home we can put massive pressure on them from the Allianz Arena, not like that overrated Anfield atmosphere :p

Lets see for the return leg, Im optimistic after this result. Not that it will be easy, but we turned the match in our favour imo.

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Yes our defense looked dramatic, but I still think they dealed very well with the pressure. Especially Hummels and Javi Martínez.

Our offensive was very bad, and should have been able to hold the ball more, but in general I think it was a good game plan from Kovac. If we had chosen to open up we could have been battered hard. Should we have exploided more? Given how shaky we are this season, we shouldnt imo.

VVD will be back for the return leg, but the good thing is Liverpool is totally different from home and away. At home we can put massive pressure on them from the Allianz Arena, not like that overrated Anfield atmosphere :p

Lets see for the return leg, Im optimistic after this result. Not that it will be easy, but we turned the match in our favour imo.
50/50 for me.

Bayern will play a more attacking game, which Liverpool will prefer as they have their best CB back and will play on the counter.

Can’t necessarily see Liverpool winning, but they only need a score draw. Could even end up as one of those games with a very squeaky last 10 mins.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
50/50 for me.

Bayern will play a more attacking game, which Liverpool will prefer as they have their best CB back and will play on the counter.

Can’t necessarily see Liverpool winning, but they only need a score draw. Could even end up as one of those games with a very squeaky last 10 mins.
True, but Liverpool home and away are two totally different teams in the CL. Especially their away record this season has been abysmal.

Lets see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)