Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
What happens if PSG win while Liverpool beat Napoli 2-1
PSG will definitely go through while who will be 2nd?
Head to head - away goals matters?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Bummer! Then they will definitely advance :(
They can still go out if PSG draw. Three teams will have 9 points and the same head to head (if Napoli lose by one goal.) Then it goes to goal difference, which will be equal too. However, Liverpool have scored more goals than Napoli and will go through because of that. This is the most dramatic way for Napoli to go out.
Napoli can lose 2-1 and qualify as long as PSG win. If PSG draw, they will be out. Crazy stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

There is only one way. Liverpool and PSG have to win. Liverpool with more than 1 goal difference
That's not quite correct. A 1-0 nil win for Liverpool will suffice if PSG win. Any win for Liverpool will knock Napoli out if PSG draw.

- - - Updated - - -

They can still go out if PSG draw. Three teams will have 9 points and the same head to head (if Napoli lose by one goal.) Then it goes to goal difference, which will be equal too. However, Liverpool have scored more goals than Napoli and will go through because of that. This is the most dramatic way for Napoli to go out.
Napoli can lose 2-1 and qualify as long as PSG win. If PSG draw, they will be out. Crazy stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not quite correct. A 1-0 nil win for Liverpool will suffice if PSG win. Any win for Liverpool will knock Napoli out if PSG draw.
Wait I made a mistake. It's even more complicated. :sergio:
If Liverpool win and PSG draw, Liverpool goes through regardless because they'll have the most points in the mini head to head table. I don't what the deciding factor will be between Napoli and PSG to advance.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Aren't you from Israel
Yes but whats up with that ugly avatar

- - - Updated - - -

On paper yes Liverpool should beat Napoli but who knows.. if Napoli play against Liverpool when the later have a bad day I think anything can happen
Most likely result IMO 3-1 Liverpool but even though I like Liverpool I hope Napoli goes through with a draw or a 2-1 loss

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wait I made a mistake. It's even more complicated. :sergio:
If Liverpool win and PSG draw, Liverpool goes through regardless because they'll have the most points in the mini head to head table. I don't what the deciding factor will be between Napoli and PSG to advance.
I dont think we need to even think about PSG`s result as we all know there is no chance they are going to drop points against Red Star when they have Neymar Cavani Mbappe...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)