Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Won’t happen under a manager who doesn’t play him as a forward.
Had no problem past seasons shouldn’t be any different now. Our players are always asked to play in roles they aren’t always used to and seem to do fine.

I get the argument partially agree but IMO shouldn’t hold him back. He gets his chances around goal and needs to start taking them.

Played in the same role in the 2 games vs ManU or the 2 games vs Young Boys.

Needs to start pulling his weight now he isn’t a kid anymore. Stop making excuses

james95

Sep 2, 2018
"Ronaldo was the difference maker for Madrid" HA! Yeah right.....
Some of the calls in that compilation were correct. How was the double Martinez yellow on Ronaldo not the right call exactly? And the Robben "penalty" in the reverse leg could easily be interpreted as a dive. I agree that they got some in their favour too though. Didn't finish the clip

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Who remembers this great comedy moment? Big yell, to be eliminated against Mcflurry and Tching Tchong.:lol2::tuttosport:

ezgif-4-0648210f915e.gif
I dont get why Silva is so highly rated. He has never even reached semis. Never played in major final. Yet some people think his top 5 defender. Brazil hasnt won anything with him. And people once called him the hair of Nesta. His teams keep getting trashed after taking lead.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Lyon were french champions.

I mean this is a bit of nitpick bs tbh. We have faced teams like Porto and Monaco before final 2017. We also beat Barca on counters and parked bus in Spain.

You are clearly blinded by hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes meanwhile we face superpowers like Porto and Monaco in route to final.
So what if they were French champions and a local dominant force in their league?
They're biggest achievement till date was quarters until few years later they got to semis. They were no different to maybe a porto but with potential.

That's not how it's always been, we've always had some difficult teams on the way, whether its a tough group or a knockout team. Yes in rare circumstances we were fortunate too like you keep mentioning porto and Monaco, but come on it can't be compared with united. As you have plenty of time why don't you do a side by side comparison, you'll see what I mean.

I agree I have hate, I'll admit it but I'm not that blind to notice how unbelievably fortunate they've been.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Had no problem past seasons shouldn’t be any different now. Our players are always asked to play in roles they aren’t always used to and seem to do fine.

I get the argument partially agree but IMO shouldn’t hold him back. He gets his chances around goal and needs to start taking them.

Played in the same role in the 2 games vs ManU or the 2 games vs Young Boys.

Needs to start pulling his weight now he isn’t a kid anymore. Stop making excuses
Who you talking about?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
So what if they were French champions and a local dominant force in their league?
They're biggest achievement till date was quarters until few years later they got to semis. They were no different to maybe a porto but with potential.

That's not how it's always been, we've always had some difficult teams on the way, whether its a tough group or a knockout team. Yes in rare circumstances we were fortunate too like you keep mentioning porto and Monaco, but come on it can't be compared with united. As you have plenty of time why don't you do a side by side comparison, you'll see what I mean.

I agree I have hate, I'll admit it but I'm not that blind to notice how unbelievably fortunate they've been.

Well we had Utd in group this season so i guess we had easy group this season.

You are blinded and forget. Most teams have had nobody sides before semis. Actually Real last season faced French, Italian, German champions before final. And Liverpool had a better head to head record against Real historically speaking. 3 wins against 2.

When was the last time any team actually had a tough draw before final then by your logic.

We would also face Romas and Napolis if there wasnt country protection after groupstage. Insteas we face other nations. This time we were really unlucky. Atl was the worst draw we could get. Despite our issues i think we would have had a even chance against most sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but not as heavily as these sides have on Ronaldo (or Messi) for that matter. When teams like Bayern won the CL in 2013; they didn't have any particular player they relied on - they were just generally immense throughout the squad. Same goes for inter when they won it under Mourinho. They had about 3-4 equally stand-out players. And Barca's treble winning side wasn't as dependent on Messi as you think.
Which treble winning side? Didnt they win 2009. 2011 and 2015 trebles. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2013
I dont get why Silva is so highly rated. He has never even reached semis. Never played in major final. Yet some people think his top 5 defender. Brazil hasnt won anything with him. And people once called him the hair of Nesta. His teams keep getting trashed after taking lead.
Brazilian propaganda with their stupid nickname: o'monstro, it is rather o'fagotto.
Technically it is good, rather elegant like nesta and better than ramos for example but the comparison stops there, as soon as there is pressure it loses its means, it is redeemable at this level.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Well we had Utd in group this season so i guess we had easy group this season.

You are blinded and forget. Most teams have had nobody sides before semis. Actually Real last season faced French, Italian, German champions before final. And Liverpool had a better head to head record against Real historically speaking. 3 wins against 2.

When was the last time any team actually had a tough draw before final then by your logic.

We would also face Romas and Napolis if there wasnt country protection after groupstage. Insteas we face other nations. This time we were really unlucky. Atl was the worst draw we could get. Despite our issues i think we would have had a even chance against most sides.
Dude it's obvious everyone will face one easy team or two but what I'm on about is consistently every season or 9/10 seasons. United were not champions and thankfully uefa have changed things a little to make the groups a little balanced which is why they ended up with us. Just do the homework. I'm not saying there's favouritism either, nor im in wearing some tin foil hat and saying it's a conspiracy like you might claim for Real but it's clear a good draw helps massively along with the help of a one man team and 10 unexplainable crazy minutes of Fergie time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)