Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh well I'd never see you there lol

We just finished Carnival and now it's back to reality :(

Hope all is well in "Penisylvania"
I still need to check out this Carnival.

Penisylvania is fine, cold as shit. Nice place tho, can’t complain too much, just trying to keep myself busy with extracurricular since work and school are boring

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I dont care about EL. Its nobody trophy for me. Just international coppa italia.

The hate on teams blinds people. 2008 Utd team was class. That team had lot of quality. People dont want to admit cause of hate. Van der sar, Ronaldo, Tevez, Evra, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes top players (4 players mentioned also have played for Juve). They beat Barcelona peak team who had Iniesta Xavi near peak in semis. Ronaldo was top scorer of the season in CL. And they played good exciting football.

Real gets offside goals cheap pens and players sent off. One of the Zidane season theh faced Wolfsburg and Roma or Napoli before semis, then Man city Wow what hard draw....menwhile Atletico had Barca and Bayern then lose final on pens. Real has had most luck of all teams in CL.

Only Pool 2005 rivals it. Last min goal against Olympiacos to advance from group. Ghost goal against Chelsea. Garcia scoring from long range somehow past peak Buffon. Somehow winning CL after 3:0 down against Ac Milan who have Maldini and Nesta and players like Sheva and Kaka when they were top 5 in their positions. Somehow winning CL with players like Dudek in goal.
O
99 Utd was more luck. 2008 Chelsea had easier draw to final playing Fenerbache and Olympiacos before semis. Utd was better side in the final. Chelsea scored from rebound...luck.
You conveniently forgot to mention how they met Lyon and Roma before they met Barca.

Lyon gave them a hell of a game and deserved better with them narrowly going through. Can't say much about Roma, they were like brondby to them.

The Barca game was dominated by barca and was undeserved with united parking buses since there early lead and just living off ronaldos counters.

Heh Ronaldo is and was there biggest difference maker just like he was for Real.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

james95

Sep 2, 2018
You conveniently forgot to mention how they met Lyon and Roma before they met Barca.

Lyon gave them a hell of a game and deserved better with them narrowly going through. Can't say much about Roma, they were like brondby to them.

The Barca game was dominated by barca and was undeserved with united parking buses since there early lead and just living off ronaldos counters.

Heh Ronaldo is and was there biggest difference maker just like he was for Real.

Yeah that United side has been overrated with time. They were even more dependant on Ronaldo than Madrid were in these past years. Here's what Rooney had to say before the first game against Roma (where Ronaldo was the difference).

They were better as an all-round team in 08/09 but they were very much dependent on Ronaldo when they won in 2008.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yeah that United side has been overrated with time. They were even more dependant on Ronaldo than Madrid were in these past years. Here's what Rooney had to say before the first game against Roma (where Ronaldo was the difference).

They were better as an all-round team in 08/09 but they were very much dependent on Ronaldo when they won in 2008.
Yeah well most teams rely on someone. Heck we signed Ronaldo to win CL. BS logic imo. How many would Barca have without Messi?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I still need to check out this Carnival.

Penisylvania is fine, cold as shit. Nice place tho, can’t complain too much, just trying to keep myself busy with extracurricular since work and school are boring
You're always welcome, you won't regret it.

Ah yeah, all that responsible shit... even more reason to make a Carnival trip :p

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Yeah well most teams rely on someone. Heck we signed Ronaldo to win CL. BS logic imo. How many would Barca have without Messi?
Yeah but not as heavily as these sides have on Ronaldo (or Messi) for that matter. When teams like Bayern won the CL in 2013; they didn't have any particular player they relied on - they were just generally immense throughout the squad. Same goes for inter when they won it under Mourinho. They had about 3-4 equally stand-out players. And Barca's treble winning side wasn't as dependent on Messi as you think.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

True, they reached final the season after but drawing inter, porto and arsenal on the way. Credit on beating inter but they've truly been blessed with lucky draws.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005

Lyon were french champions.

I mean this is a bit of nitpick bs tbh. We have faced teams like Porto and Monaco before final 2017. We also beat Barca on counters and parked bus in Spain.

You are clearly blinded by hate.

- - - Updated - - -

True, they reached final the season after but drawing inter, porto and arsenal on the way. Credit on beating inter but they've truly been blessed with lucky draws.

Yes meanwhile we face superpowers like Porto and Monaco in route to final.

- - - Updated - - -

Real once played against Cypros club in QF for god sake. And beat them like 9-2 aggregate.

Real has had by far most luck. Draws. Offside goals. Opponent red cards. Pens. Never player sent off for Real. 2014 Ramos scores last minute for 1-1 in final. Carlo was 30 sec away from sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)