Champions League 2017/2018 (11 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
UEFA were desperate not to see another a back to back all English final happen.

It was so blatant and obvious, the refereeing in that game.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
That's the thing about this Real, there are always doubts about their superiority. There were hardly any with Pep's Barca (except vs Chelsea), Ancelotti's Milan or Jupp's Bayern. Ancelotti's CL win in 2014 was legit too, no one complained then.

That's what bugs everyone about Zidane's Real, they just pull through somehow, there is always some ref-related controversy and ref mistakes are ALWAYS in their favor.
Is not just down to how they won the CL. Its also because they have been getting destroyed in the league and cup unlike Pep's team. Moreover Pep's group included Messi's rise to an unprecedented level ever seen which shocked the football world. This Madrid has the Ronaldo we already knew.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I dont think we should take anything away from this Real team still. They have an excellent squad, the Modric - Kroos - Casemiro midfield is the best you get. The first two and especially Modric are just excellent midfielders.

No surprise they manage to win this shit again and again with that kind of midfield. Modric is getting old though, 33 in september, so they better hope they can somehow replace him, Ramos is 32 as well.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This same pettiness and jealousy about them reminds me of how people are so petty about us when we keep winning, so for me, its totally understandable sitting in their situation and i am not going to act like a hypocrite about this.

The thing about Zidane's Real is they just know how to win this competition. When to strike despite not playing well enough , how to save energy when you need to, how to approach tense , pressure situations. They've totally mastered it. This is Juventus' blueprint in Serie A. We dont play well enough, yet we win. Period. Fuck the likeable losers.
:tup:

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10,270
    Stop. If your team depends on a ref decision to win you games, then you dont deserve to qualify. Again you are the one not getting it. Real Madrid over the course of 180 minutes performed better than all of Bayern, Juve and PSG so they deserved to go through.

Serie A has VAR now yet we still got a favourable decision in a crucial game of the season but carry on with your double standards.
    I think you're going little too far here with your conclusions.

First lets agree that you need little luck to win the CL other than performing really great no? Well, real were more than lucky and I've watched football for so many years that I can't remember any team being this lucky, not taking away anything from them as individuals but everything went on their side.

1- The 94th Penalty vs Juve
    2- Robben and Boateng injured in the first half of the first leg
    3- Marcelo's clear handball vs Bayern 2nd leg
    4- Bayern's GK conceding amateur goal
    5- Salah injured in the first 30min of the match
    6- Karius rookie mistakes

So lets at least agree they had the luck that not even mother nature would have and secondly the big call on Juve's penalty because we all know if it was vice-versa and that night the ref wouldn't have blowed his whistle and awarded be it Juve or any team a penalty.

And you are wrong about us getting favourable decisions in Serie a, that's not true, fans in Italy moan about that but they can't give two examples/incidents all together and plus the league is won after playing your 38th match therefore, it makes sense to highlight Real Madrid's route to the trophy this season and it doesn't when you say we still get favourable decisions IMO.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    And you are wrong about us getting favourable decisions, that's not true, fans in Italy moan about that but they can't give two examples/incidents all together and plus the league is won after playing your 38th match therefore, it makes sense to highlight Real Madrid's route to the trophy this season and it doesn't when you say we still get favourable decisions IMO.
    You are just living in denial in that case. I just dont like the double standard talk going on here.

And i'm not going too far with my conclusions.

They've had luck , a lot of it actually but to say refs is why they won the CL is absolute bull. I can make arguments about other contenders in the Champions league simply not having enough quality to beat them. Think about it. Juventus in decline, Bayern in decline, Barca choking to Roma, PSG being PSG. Its not like the other contenders were legitimately impressive in the Champions league either.

We lost 3-0 at home to this same team but somehow this skips people's mind. We got absolutely battered that night. Could've easily been 5-0 actually.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10,273
    You are just living in denial in that case. I just dont like the double standard talk going on here.
    What double standards? Did you understand what I said in the first place and the difference between a 38 weeks of league title and CL route?

Could you also give me couple of the favourable incidents Juve had using VAR?

They've had luck , a lot of it actually but to say refs is why they won the CL is absolute bull. I can make arguments about other contenders in the Champions league simply not having enough quality to beat them. Think about it. Juventus in decline, Bayern in decline, Barca choking to Roma, PSG being PSG. Its not like the other contenders were legitimately impressive in the Champions league either.
    Re-read what I said, I focused on the luck factor more than anything and it's only normal I'd highlight the 94th penalty vs Juve for obvious reasons, that's why I said in the first place I'm not taking anything from their individual performances as a team but that doesn't erase the fact that they had luck and favourable decisions in a couple of matches that you are comparing them to our serie a Aug-May route which is naive and lame statement that you've made.

For instance: You could a big COULD whistle that penalty vs Juve in a league match, that would be more okay to go with because a team that plays for 38 weeks wouldn't stop at one incident but it's different in CL.

We lost 3-0 at home to this same team but somehow this skips people's mind. We got absolutely battered that night. Could've easily been 5-0 actually.
    That is irrelevant, I could say the same about Juve going to extra time at Bernabeu no? With Allegri being left with two subs whereas Zidane used all his subs before 68th min if I remember correctly, so I could practically say Juve would have scored one more in extra time but that's irrelevant.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    ...And you are wrong about us getting favourable decisions in Serie a, that's not true, fans in Italy moan about that but they can't give two examples/incidents all together and plus the league is won after playing your 38th match therefore...
    i can name 7-8 games from this season when juve were screwed by ref decisions. let's just take the udinese game when mandzukic was sent off instead of getting a clear penalty, then udinese heading a offside goal, not revoked by var, or the first var decision of the season, when a penalty was awarded against rugani for a foul against a player who was offside. (we won some of those games regardless, or we played shit like against lazio, and blamed ourselves for the result, so no one cares too much, but still, the mistakes were there.)

guys explaining there's some systematic help juve get sound exactly like some random inda/napoli fans.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10,276
    i can name 7-8 games from this season when juve were screwed by ref decisions. let's just take the udinese game when mandzukic was sent off instead of getting a clear penalty, then udinese heading a offside goal, not revoked by var, or the first var decision of the season, when a penalty was awarded against rugani for a foul against a player who was offside. (we won some of those games regardless, or we played shit like against lazio, and blamed ourselves for the result, so no one cares too much, but still, the mistakes were there.)

guys explaining there's some systematic help juve get sound exactly like some random inda/napoli fans.
    That's the point, in a league title only ignorants would stop at one or two incidents, you get to play 38x, team's face variable things weeks in and out, fatigue, injuries, fav calls but you can still make up for them and there are no excuses in a league title unlike the CL where there are small details that makes the difference.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Ofcourse its double standards. Doesnt matter what transpires over 38 games. In perhaps the most crucial game of the title race(Vs Inter) we got a favourable decision. But to say we won the league because of that one moment is ridiculous. We won because we were the best throughout the season.

Same way, Real Madrid performed the best among all teams in the Champions League. I'm not going to waste my time scrutinizing 50-50 calls or talking about the supposed 'psychological effect' it has on the opposition team because thats just taking the easy way out(loser mentality). As i said , i did not see scandalous refereeing to the level you people are trying to portray. Even in our game, the penalty on Vazquez was legit. We're just merely talking about a scenario if Juve would be given the penalty for a foul on Madrid player and thats pure conjecture and hypothetical. But you guys can go on i guess.

Even the club president Agnelli congratulated Madrid because he knows he's been in that position before, people who've been jealous and bitter about his team constantly winning.(Although the halamadrid was a bit too much)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    ...We're just merely talking about a scenario if Juve would be given the penalty for a foul on Madrid player and thats pure conjecture and hypothetical. But you guys can go on i guess.

here is some hypothetical case for you. clean penalty.

now we can stop sucking madrid cocks until next may, shall we.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012

here is some hypothetical case for you. clean penalty.

now we can stop sucking madrid cocks until next may, shall we.
    Or maybe you can stop whining about referees like Napoli fans until the season resumes ? Maybe you can come back(and waste your time) with a better referee analysis for next season :)

Me exposing the double standards here = sucking Madrid's cock

Expect nothing less

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)