Champions League 2017/2018 (2,545 Viewers)

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
You can thank the english and especially french for that. The treaty of versaille :baus:
Look, we all live in countries where our predecessors have done some amazing (and shocking) things and for which none of us are personally or indirectly responsible. But you're not pinning the Holocaust (for example) on the English and French.

I'm also not sure why you're getting a little heat from some about being a Dane that likes Bayern Munich and some German stuff. Seems as if there's no harm in that.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Look, we all live in countries where our predecessors have done some amazing (and shocking) things and for which none of us are personally or indirectly responsible. But you're not pinning the Holocaust (for example) on the English and French.

I'm also not sure why you're getting a little heat from some about being a Dane that likes Bayern Munich and some German stuff. Seems as if there's no harm in that.
Im not pinning the holocaust on the french and the english. Im just sick of all this "evil germans" without looking at the factors that started this rage from the germans. When youre on the losing side in a war you had no interest in, didnt start, didnt want, and then youre given all the blame for no reason, youre country is taken away from you, held down, extreme shit situation without money and food and you every year has to pay billions to the victors, who on top of that take youre colonies (im mentioning those as they are factors too, not because I support the idea that the germans had colonies or any other countries who had) and everything you got - do I understand their rage? Hell yes. Anything else than rage would be strange.

You know who started the concentration camps? The english empire. You know who took much of the world under them and colonized them? The english.

The french as well. My point is: All this about how Germany should feel ashamed of themselves because of their history is bullshit, especially todays germans. There have been so many regimes during the years who have atrocities, and it happens every day now as well.

Do I support what the germans did during WW2? Hell no. It was gruesom beyond limits. But you have to see where they came from and what situation they were in. A man named Adolf Hitler are on the rise, he is speaking and promise changes, a strong man and a leader to get them forward again. What will people do when they are in the worst possible situation?

Anything.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Im not pinning the holocaust on the french and the english. Im just sick of all this "evil germans" without looking at the factors that started this rage from the germans. When youre on the losing side in a war you had no interest in, didnt start, didnt want, and then youre given all the blame for no reason, youre country is taken away from you, held down, extreme shit situation without money and food and you every year has to pay billions to the victors, who on top of that take youre colonies (im mentioning those as they are factors too, not because I support the idea that the germans had colonies or any other countries who had) and everything you got - do I understand their rage? Hell yes. Anything else than rage would be strange.

You know who started the concentration camps? The english empire. You know who took much of the world under them and colonized them? The english.

The french as well. My point is: All this about how Germany should feel ashamed of themselves because of their history is bullshit, especially todays germans. There have been so many regimes during the years who have atrocities, and it happens every day now as well.

Do I support what the germans did during WW2? Hell no. It was gruesom beyond limits. But you have to see where they came from and what situation they were in. A man named Adolf Hitler are on the rise, he is speaking and promise changes, a strong man and a leader to get them forward again. What will people do when they are in the worst possible situation?

Anything.
:tup:

one just has to look at the state of their former colonies, they left dust and havoc wherever theyve been, ethnical cleaning, genocide, wars, hunger, and whats not. the UK should pay billions of dollars each year for the damage they caused, cuz the things theyve done is even worse than Germany.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016

one just has to look at the state of their former colonies, they left dust and havoc wherever theyve been, ethnical cleaning, genocide, wars, hunger, and whats not. the UK should pay billions of dollars each year for the damage they caused, cuz the things theyve done is even worse than Germany.
:agree:

But, but, but... Its always the germans! If people would educate themselves a little they would find out how much shit the English did around the world in their heydays.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
That's what happens when you lose wars
Yep. The Victors writes the history, even though England didnt really win anything from after WW2, they werent a superpower anymore and started losing their colonies slowly

England fighting alone against Germany in WW2, would have ended in massive ass wipe if it wasnt for the US and Soviets. Wouldnt have stod a chance. Thank fuck for them theyre an island :baus:

Dantes

Dec 15, 2017
Im not pinning the holocaust on the french and the english. Im just sick of all this "evil germans" without looking at the factors that started this rage from the germans. When youre on the losing side in a war you had no interest in, didnt start, didnt want, and then youre given all the blame for no reason, youre country is taken away from you, held down, extreme $#@! situation without money and food and you every year has to pay billions to the victors, who on top of that take youre colonies (im mentioning those as they are factors too, not because I support the idea that the germans had colonies or any other countries who had) and everything you got - do I understand their rage? Hell yes. Anything else than rage would be strange.

The french as well. My point is: All this about how Germany should feel ashamed of themselves because of their history is bull$#@!, especially todays germans. There have been so many regimes during the years who have atrocities, and it happens every day now as well.

Anything.
Not sure why you're ranting at me mate. I've never suggested the German people are bad eggs, or that they have anything to be ashamed of. I've not even had a pop at Bayern Munich in relation to CL.

But I'm especially not buying into your general narratives (1) that the English and French are the real root of all evil in this world [my guess is you probably will add the USA at some point too] and (2) that the Nazi's just got some 'bad press'. But sure, it's fine that you like their uniforms and stuff.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

No. The UK obviously fucked up with the colonies. So did Belgium. But it's the same thing as holding Belgium responsible for the Rwandan genocide. Sure, the way Belgians handled that area was one of many things making the genocide a real possibility. But in the end it is still one Rwandan killing another Rwandan with a machete. It is still about personal responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

When youre on the losing side in a war you had no interest in, didnt start, didnt want, and then youre given all the blame for no reason, youre country is taken away from you, held down, extreme shit situation without money and food and you every year has to pay billions to the victors, who on top of that take youre colonies (im mentioning those as they are factors too, not because I support the idea that the germans had colonies or any other countries who had) and everything you got - do I understand their rage? Hell yes.
I love how much you sound like a 1930's Nazi.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
BILD | Ex- German referee Thorsten Kinhöfer about all Bayern's possible penalties vs Real Madrid:

Kinhöfer on 1st chance of a penalty: "This is not a penalty for me. Lewy plays the ball, then there is only a slight push, which is not enough for a penalty."
Kinhöfer on 2nd chance of a penalty: "In the second scene, a penalty is justifiable. The player has no other choice than to pull down Lewandowski.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Not sure why you're ranting at me mate. I've never suggested the German people are bad eggs, or that they have anything to be ashamed of. I've not even had a pop at Bayern Munich in relation to CL.

But I'm especially not buying into your general narratives (1) that the English and French are the real root of all evil in this world [my guess is you probably will add the USA at some point too] and (2) that the Nazi's just got some 'bad press'. But sure, it's fine that you like their uniforms and stuff.
Im not ranting at you, it was in a response to Stephan who said germans should be ashamed about their history more than other people. Im also not saying the french, British and so are the worst in this World, more trying to get nuances into things.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Im not ranting at you, it was in a response to Stephan who said germans should be ashamed about their history more than other people. Im also not saying the french, British and so are the worst in this World, more trying to get nuances into things.
:agree: thats israel, followed by US. UK only gets the bronze

- - - Updated - - -

governments, not the people, just to be clear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2545)