Champions League 2017/2018 (16 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Yeah they did. If I remember right Porsche was doing the designs of their tiger tanks and so.

Those german propaganda films from WW2 so much dictatorship :lol:

Porsche lost both contracts to Henschel, as their designs for both Tiger (P) and Tiger II later ended up being too heavy and impractical, so Porsche's only worthwhile contribution is the famous Ferdinand

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Nonsense.

Where are you from Stephan? You strike me as someone from a country with terrible public education.
So you wouldnt be ashamed of what took place in Germany from 1930s till end of WW II.

- - - Updated - - -

Im actually a socialdemokrat :)
Omg those are the worst. We have them here too. Soft pussies who act like sheeps.

Hitler at least had his own principles.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You should be only ashamed of your own actions, if they are shameful that is
Yeah, shame is a strong word. And usually not much good comes from being ashamed. Especially because pretty much no one alive today played any significant part in WWII.

- - - Updated - - -

Not if I didn't participate.

So where are you from, so we can find soemthing you should be ashamed of?

What if it's 2050, should the son of @Bjerknes be ashamed of his father's role as a prison guard in the Latino death camps during the Trumpian War between 2025-2030?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Im not saying as a german today u should wake up every morning and feel ashamed. Im talking from historical context. Massive elephant in the room till WW II ended. Its a difficult topic to deal with i would think. No?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Oh I see, my bad.

Still though, I'm not sure if you could say Porsche just worked for them at some point. He was pretty vital to their war effort.
Yeah, no doubt. What i mean though is, that if your company was asked to work with/for the regime, you knew what kind of consequences you and your company was going to face if you were to turn them down. So some played along even though they were against the nazis, cause they feared for their own lifes, some of course were nazis themselves, and some just cared for the money. But working for them at some point doesn't automatically make you a nazi.

- - - Updated - - -

Porsche lost both contracts to Henschel, as their designs for both Tiger (P) and Tiger II later ended up being too heavy and impractical, so Porsche's only worthwhile contribution is the famous Ferdinand
The "Maus" was my favorite. Such a brainfart :lol:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Yeah, no doubt. What i mean though is, that if your company was asked to work with/for the regime, you knew what kind of consequences you and your company was going to face if you were to turn them down. So some played along even though they were against the nazis, cause they feared for their own lifes, some of course were nazis themselves, and some just cared for the money. But working for them at some point doesn't automatically make you a nazi.
Yes but we were talking about Bayernfan here. Not some porsche factory worker who was forced. Bayernfan wasnt forced. Presumable. Who knows. Maybe he had a bad stepdad.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Spurgt

- - - Updated - - -

Dude people take pride in things their ancestors or countrymen of the past did all the time without personally being alive or part of it. You know like being proud of Juventus for example :D.

You can very legitimately feel ashamed of parts of your history just as much as you can feel pride. I know it doesnt make sense but its how identity works on us.

- - - Updated - - -

Spurgt

- - - Updated - - -

Dude people take pride in things their ancestors or countrymen of the past did all the time without personally being alive or part of it. You know like being proud of Juventus for example :D.

You can very legitimately feel ashamed of parts of your history just as much as you can feel pride. I know it doesnt make sense but its how identity works on us.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

obviously true

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)