Champions League 2016/2017 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yeah this is the big test, Barca's defense is horseshit as well
It is. Their 6-1 glossed over a lot of problems they are having this season. That was a perfect game but they played with the freedom of knowing they were essentially 'out'.

However I think our defence is not quite the same level this season, 2 in 8 conceded or not, and their attack is beyond great. But I think if there is a team that can trouble them we can, we are one of the few teams left who can do a defensive shut down or turn on a sparkling attacking performance.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If we are set up too defensively I don't see us going through as Barcelona will just ping it about in our half all match and most likely score a few.

Just play exactly how PSG did at home to Barca and press them high up the pitch and we have a good chance to beat them at home

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I don't mind a small lead at home without conceding. The more we'd score the more we could end up being complacent in the away leg, and Barcelona would be galvanized to produce something big.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Can't remember when was the last time I was so confident in CL QF.

Our grinta, defence, EuroMax, the 4231... That's what can take us through. No matter who we faced and how strong they are.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It is. Their 6-1 glossed over a lot of problems they are having this season. That was a perfect game but they played with the freedom of knowing they were essentially 'out'.

However I think our defence is not quite the same level this season, 2 in 8 conceded or not, and their attack is beyond great. But I think if there is a team that can trouble them we can, we are one of the few teams left who can do a defensive shut down or turn on a sparkling attacking performance.
Dybala and Higuain should be able to feast on a scrub like umtiti. It should be interesting and a real test. Alves will be up for it, they all will be, revenge for the final. I think we have a decent chance. Is the next leg another draw?

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Allegri gonna field 5-4-1, defending a 1-0 lead. Barca are gonna pour an insane onslaught on us like against PSG, and we concede 2 goals. In the last minute Barca get awarded a penalty after Suarez dives, and Messi takes it. Buffon saves it! He catches Messis failed panenka and throws a hurling ball to the midway line where Cuadrado blasts past Alba and throws a last gasp cross to a rushing Juve midfielder One touch, goal off the crossbar.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
This all depends on Chiellini.

Chiellini is key for these two matches. If we play him we will most likely go out, leets hope he is injured in these matches because there are no way Allegri will drop him

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I don't know what to expect. On one hand I am seeing us inviting them and living dangerously and on the other I see us pushing up forward and leaving ourselves fragile for the counters. The only thing I am certain of is that I trust Allegri and that we will need the perfect attitude.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
With the refs they will turn even this fuck down...
But we would not be that foolish like PSG... hope so..
I bet we would be as casual as PSG, we are a train wreck when we get in a strong position, so lazy. But that Barcelona hand has already been dealt now so there is absolute no excuse for a lack of concentration in that respect.

I reckon we'll concede at home anyway. I'll predict some variants on 2-1, 3-1 going either way and there being a fair amount of goals on aggregate.

I'd love something like a 2-0 at home, running that raggedy defence all over the place.

Refs also have too much of an impact in these games, don't want any of that shit.

Mar 1, 2016
Well, we are missing our key player Busquets due to suspension. We normally struggle against pressing teams and without Busquets it gets even worse.

If I was Allegri, I'd hustle our back-line. You have lungs for it in Mandzo and Cuardado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)