Champions League 2016/2017 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think you either misunderstood what I said, or you're intentionally being a bonehead to use your words.
Defenitely the 2nd part, been his M.O to do that to anyone he doesnt agree with, exagerrate and bring up past discussions in high school like hyperbolic trashtalk, like the kid who wants attention in playground by making others laugh along at someone with him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Lets agree to disagree Fred. I just don't consider the style and organisation they have on the pitch to be a top team. Btw, I don't consider barca top team anymore, they are individually overwhelming now, not that dangerous as a unit to be considered among top 2-3 teams.

And yes 2-3 teams were on top level, but the style Monaco plays makes them very convinient to play, because a great team will shut them down and win, Atletico this season were considerably more weaker then in previous seasons, but they have the ability and organistion to compensate and to compete against top teams.

Monaco has the slimest of chances when faced with a top team.

- - - Updated - - -

They also lost to the "joke team" with their poor coach Pep.
That just shows that they are not a top team . Any top team that looses against pep (apart when he has xavis iniestas and messis in their prime) should consider leaving professional football.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Ok you mentioned Barca. Did Barca do any better against Juve?

There is an element of luck, but then Atletico didn't face any of those teams either in the knockout rounds, and when they did, they lost the first leg 3-0. So again, its all relative, there are very few teams who have had better results than Monaco.

That's not really the point. The point is that Monaco didn't face Barca. I think Juve, Real and Bayern are the three top teams. I'd expect both Monaco and Barca to lose to Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Defenitely the 2nd part, been his M.O to do that to anyone he doesnt agree with, exagerrate and bring up past discussions in high school like hyperbolic trashtalk, like the kid who wants attention in playground by making others laugh along at someone with him.
Tbh these discussions hardly matter anyway. I'm sure Fred agrees that Juventus were much better over the two legs and deserve to be in the final. Who predicted what and arguing over it is high school stuff.

Even if I predicted a 0-2 win in Monaco :D.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That's not really the point. The point is that Monaco didn't face Barca. I think Juve, Real and Bayern are the three top teams. I'd expect both Monaco and Barca to lose to Juve.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh these discussions hardly matter anyway. I'm sure Fred agrees that Juventus were much better over the two legs and deserve to be in the final. Who predicted what and arguing over it is high school stuff.

Even if I predicted a 0-2 win in Monaco :D.
The thing is we all expected Juve to win. I said I wasn't comparing Monaco to Juve, and I said that it would be a massive disappointment if Juve were not to win, naturally I did expect them to win. What I did say and was wrong about was that I thought it would be a closer game than many.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh, all discussion in this forum are pointless and hardly matter anyways.
Especially when we argue semantics like who is a top team, and who is a world class player. But that's football fans for you, most of the time, me and my football following friends argue about the same things :D

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
It was an easy game. Monaco is levels bellow Juve and the rest top teams. They are good, but not extraordinary or anything special. As I said it would be an easy game and it was, they are just not that good.
I got thread banned from the first match thread for saying it was gonna be easy as fuck.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think you either misunderstood what I said, or you're intentionally being a bonehead to use your words.

I'll keep it as simple as I can this time:

- I said Monaco weren't being given enough credit by people because they're not a big name, yet they are a top 5 team in Europe this season.
- I said you were being harsh to say they only got to SF because they played rubbish teams, because its too much of a black and white way to look at things if you consider City and Dortmund shit teams. Those teams could stake a claim to being in the top 10 teams of Europe this season. These are the kind of teams you expect to play in the round of 16 and round of 8.
- I actually agreed with you when you said that it would be a massive disappointment for Juve not to beat them. Of course it is. To be honest I didn't expect such an emphatic win, especially not beating them by two goals in France, but IMO that game was more of a testament to Juve's strength than Monaco's weakness. If you go on to win the treble, then they'd have lost to a team that won the treble, beat Barcelona 3-0, and didn't concede to them in 180 minutes.
- I never said Monaco was on Juve's level. When you first replied to me, I told you I wasn't comparing them to Juve just saying it won't be an easy game.
I was engaging in a wee bit of hyperbole, a little strawmanning, a little bit of this and a little of that to try to draw you out, my dearest Fred. Being a devious, nefarious, little devil.

And the result is, a grand ol' post from you. :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

I'll keep it as simple as I can this time:

- I said Monaco weren't being given enough credit by people because they're not a big name, yet they are a top 5 team in Europe this season.
- I said you were being harsh to say they only got to SF because they played rubbish teams, because its too much of a black and white way to look at things if you consider City and Dortmund shit teams. Those teams could stake a claim to being in the top 10 teams of Europe this season. These are the kind of teams you expect to play in the round of 16 and round of 8.
- I actually agreed with you when you said that it would be a massive disappointment for Juve not to beat them. Of course it is. To be honest I didn't expect such an emphatic win, especially not beating them by two goals in France, but IMO that game was more of a testament to Juve's strength than Monaco's weakness. If you go on to win the treble, then they'd have lost to a team that won the treble, beat Barcelona 3-0, and didn't concede to them in 180 minutes.
- I never said Monaco was on Juve's level. When you first replied to me, I told you I wasn't comparing them to Juve just saying it won't be an easy game.
i'm going to be desperately honest.

I watched the first game of Monaco Vs Manchester Money.

I noticed how Monaco was ripping through them. Yet sterling took the lead with a simple goal showing how their defence was actually not very good.
Then Monaco did what it does so wel. Fight the middle and counter direct and viciously. It was pleasing to see them score two nice goals and showcase the limitations of City.
Then Falcao chocked on a dick, missing a pk. Monaco were slaughtering city.

However, then...

1) Corner kick, dont bother marking their most expensive player. blunder
2) Roflmao defending by stones. Falcao showing he's topclass
3) Truely horrible defending on Aguero AGAIN
4) lets not fucking Mark stones on ANOTHER corner. Its not like he's the tallest City defender and the only thing he doesnt suck at is headers
5) Lets run around like headless chickens and move up the D-line in dissaray, easily making city send it over the defence making it 5-3

8 goals scored. 5 of them blunders. No, thats not a top team. Thats a small team that was lovely to see laying siege to crappy defences. I liked them alot.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yo why's the thread closed?

Last night I kept dreaming about the game. I kept trying to find a way to watch it, but was being prevented. But at least we were winning, though somehow Evra was still part of the team :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)