Carlos Tevez (15 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
whats wrong is the hypocrisy here, dont try to find excuses to justify our behavior when you condemn it when done elsewhere.
I dont think i am.

We tried to lowball Llorente just like boca tries to lowball tevez. We couldnt find a deal so llorente came a year later. And for Llorente, Bilbao refused anything other then the buyout clausule. We on the other hand, are accepting far below the price of Tevez.

bilbao failed to renew Llorente's deal. And we actually tried to pay a decent sum.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
whats wrong is the hypocrisy here, dont try to find excuses to justify our behavior when you condemn it when done elsewhere.
I'm not sure how to take this, man.

Are you saying that we are wrong for trying to get something in return for a player that has one year left on his contract?

It's not as if we are pushing him out the door. He already went out that door on his own and locked it behind him.

I don't understand how this compares at all to the other situations that you mentioned.

The club has the right to seek compensation for a player still under contract to Juve. It is Juve's choice as to whether or not they want to just let him go, after all.

If they let Pirlo go without so much as asking a dime, that is their call. But looking at this objectively, the impact of losing a Pirlo compared to losing a Tevez are apples and oranges

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I dont think i am.

We tried to lowball Llorente just like boca tries to lowball tevez. We couldnt find a deal so llorente came a year later. And for Llorente, Bilbao refused anything other then the buyout clausule. We on the other hand, are accepting far below the price of Tevez.

bilbao failed to renew Llorente's deal. And we actually tried to pay a decent sum.

Are you saying that we are wrong for trying to get something in return for a player that has one year left on his contract?

It's not as if we are pushing him out the door. He already went out that door on his own and locked it behind him.

I don't understand how this compares at all to the other situations that you mentioned.

The club has the right to seek compensation for a player still under contract to Juve. It is Juve's choice as to whether or not they want to just let him go, after all.

If they let Pirlo go without so much as asking a dime, that is their call. But looking at this objectively, the impact of losing a Pirlo compared to losing a Tevez are apples and oranges
:tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Sorry X, but peeps here are in all their right to moan.

Both llorente and coman were fed up by their club and really wanted to leave. Coman was a no one in psg, and llorente's doing was his decition. We didnt forced him.

Tevez is our main offensive player ffs, and he is on contract with us. Theres no 2 ways about it.

Even in city, he was treated like a reject, but in juve, he is not only king, but he is in the middle of our project being our mvp in the last 2 seasons.

Lets ignore for a moment all the good moves marotta has done in the last weeks, and picture us losing tevez. Thats apocaliptic shid right there.

He also needs to understand our position. We are not forcing him to stay like bilbao did, and in fact we want to support him for all he did for us... but come on, we are not a charity.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003

Both llorente and coman were fed up by their club and really wanted to leave. Coman was a no one in psg, and llorente's doing was his decition. We didnt forced him.

Tevez is our main offensive player ffs, and he is on contract with us. Theres no 2 ways about it.

Even in city, he was treated like a reject, but in juve, he is not only king, but he is in the middle of our project being our mvp in the last 2 seasons.

Lets ignore for a moment all the good moves marotta has done in the last weeks, and picture us losing tevez. Thats apocaliptic shid right there.

He also needs to understand our position. We are not forcing him to stay like bilbao did, and in fact we want to support him for all he did for us... but come on, we are not a charity.
+1

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

where did i say that

- - - Updated - - -

would people moan if it was the other way around? or would they hail marotta as a genius saint?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
we would most likely throw marotta emoticons aorund for being a lowballer cheaptard like he is.... but i think everyone deep insode would know that wanting tevez for free with one year of contract left would be nit impossible even for marotta and his cheap offers.

it just cannot be.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
not really, win win :D all i am saying is i dont get why people are hating on boca, any team in their shoes, position of force, would try to make the best of it, just like we did with bilbao.
But they are not in a position of force. I don't see how they are. Because Tevez wants to go back home? Good for him. He goes back home a year early if we let him.

He bitches, he gets benched.

Tevez is under Juve's control. Were Juve in a position of force 2 years ago with Llorente? No, they weren't.

I really wonder if it wasn't Boca on the other end of these negotiations if you would have such veiled criticism as to how Juve are doing business. I really wonder if Tevez was spanish and wanted to go "home" to Sevilla if you would be as lenient towards Sevilla.

- - - Updated - - -

where did i say that

- - - Updated - - -

would people moan if it was the other way around? or would they hail marotta as a genius saint?

You said yourself that Juve were "playing dirty". I can't see how they are when they have him under control for one more year.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But they are not in a position of force. I don't see how they are. Because Tevez wants to go back home? Good for him. He goes back home a year early if we let him.

He bitches, he gets benched.

Tevez is under Juve's control. Were Juve in a position of force 2 years ago with Llorente? No, they weren't.

I really wonder if it wasn't Boca on the other end of these negotiations if you would have such veiled criticism as to how Juve are doing business. I really wonder if Tevez was spanish and wanted to go "home" to Sevilla if you would be as lenient towards Sevilla.

- - - Updated - - -

You said yourself that Juve were "playing dirty". I can't see how they are when they have him under control for one more year.
how is he in a position of force? our mgmt came out and said hes going there without an official accord in place, that should tell you something. Where did i say that juve are playing dirty in this deal? i think you must have read my posts in a hurry. And i would have the same stance if tevez was spanish going to his boyhood club which he always said he would since day one, im grateful for his time here and respect, as a fan, his being a real fan himself.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
how is he in a position of force? our mgmt came out and said hes going there without an official accord in place, that should tell you something. Where did i say that juve are playing dirty in this deal? i think you must have read my posts in a hurry. And i would have the same stance if tevez was spanish going to his boyhood club which he always said he would since day one, im grateful for his time here and respect, as a fan, his being a real fan himself.
That is great. I'm happy for him, and I'm not being sarcastic either. I said it many times recently that I respect that he wants to go back home.

But Juve simply cannot give him away because of that. If they had somehow agreed to some sort of handshake deal to rescind his contract, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and this thread would have moved to the rookie/history forum a couple of weeks ago.

Which leads me to believe that Juve did not tell him, his agents, or Boca that they would just let him go for nothing. And nor should they. Absolutely not.

Sorry, but regardless of what he did for Juve these past couple of years, Juve put him back in the international spotlight in the process as well. And with that being said, Tevez and his entourage should not ask, nor expect Juve to just let him walk. That is a terrible piece of business by Juve if they do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)