Carlos Tevez (145 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We should do our best to keep him next season. It's gonna be a huge blow if he leaves for Argentina (or anywhere else for that matter, which is unlikely).

Incredible player. It's really sad to see how this player and so much of his talent was wasted in England under Mancini.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
We should do our best to keep him next season. It's gonna be a huge blow if he leaves for Argentina (or anywhere else for that matter, which is unlikely).

Incredible player. It's really sad to see how this player and so much of his talent was wasted in England under Mancini.
Tevez had himself to blame.

Messi won Ballon D'or few years ago when he only lifted Copa Del Rey if I remember correctly.

I think it was the season where Sneijder/Iniesta/Xavi deserved it more.
Maybe. Still, it's pretty tough to give it to someone other than Messi or Ronaldo. Can you honestly say there are more influential and better players out there?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Maybe. Still, it's pretty tough to give it to someone other than Messi or Ronaldo. Can you honestly say there are more influential and better players out there?
In terms of goals no one matches them obviously, it's why they both chose to stay in La Liga.

In terms of consistency and performance, I can say they are matched but like you said, Media, Press and the fans can't really ignore 45-50 goals a season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I know this is Tevez and he can be a pain in the ass once his head is turned, but a €20m player with a year left on his contract can't just walk away for nothing, Boca will either pay up or wait.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Why does everyone think he's gonna leave at the end of this season? Just because that Boca President said so...I really don't see it happening. At the bare minimum, he'll honour his contract with us till 2016.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Why does everyone think he's gonna leave at the end of this season? Just because that Boca President said so...I really don't see it happening. At the bare minimum, he'll honour his contract with us till 2016.
I'm not saying I'm certain about it but IMO there's a high chance of that happening. Even Deneb thinks so iirc.

But I hope you're right, though. Without him we'd look way weaker.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I don't think theres a high chance. I actually think it's close to 0% chance of happening. If Boca want him a year earlier, they need to buy him. At the end of the day, he only has to stay for one more season and he's back home in Argentina. Cant see him sabotaging and damaging the great relationship he has with the management and fans of this club.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't think theres a high chance. I actually think it's close to 0% chance of happening. If Boca want him a year earlier, they need to buy him. At the end of the day, he only has to stay for one more season and he's back home in Argentina. Cant see him sabotaging and damaging the great relationship he has with the management and fans of this club.
And what if they do offer money? Do you think we'd consider to offer or we'd completely reject it and wait for his contract to run out? Also, I think Carlos' opinion counts here. If he wants to go to Argentina and Boca does offer some money, I'm not sure we'd reject the offer simply because I believe we'd try to satisfy Tevez as well. So IMO it's all up to him at this point and we've seen him talk about Argentina way, way too many times over the past 3-4 years.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Boca simply can't afford Tevez right now. He himself knows that and will honour his contract like he said so before. There is no reason whatsoever to think otherwise. He even regained his national team spot in Turin. He'll stay for sure.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
how do you know
Can they? I have no idea about their finances.. Also, if Tevez wants to leave and play for Boca, let him do so. Why hang on to a player who wants to be somewhere else? Personally I believe it would be better for his career if he stays another year. But if he's scared that his physique will start to fade on him soon, I understand why he wants to leave now.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
People tend to stating "facts" about clubs they don't know shit about, when they shouldn't. It's like a EPL fan talking about Juve or Serie A.
boca paid 15 mil for roman 7 years ago, also this is an election year, presidents will go all out to sign a real idolo.

- - - Updated - - -

Can they? I have no idea about their finances.. Also, if Tevez wants to leave and play for Boca, let him do so. Why hang on to a player who wants to be somewhere else? Personally I believe it would be better for his career if he stays another year. But if he's scared that his physique will start to fade on him soon, I understand why he wants to leave now.

i think he just misses argentina, also theres no happier place to play on earth than in la bombonera :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 144)