Carlos Tevez (129 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was that "top" player that was going to improve the team so much though. He was supposed to single handedly win us games at times like Del Piero did in his day. He is nothing special i'm sorry to say it. If he performs well in the CL next season maybe i might change my opinion of him.

- - - Updated - - -

Vialli, Inzaghi, Vieri, Trezeguet, Del Piero, Baggio. All those guys were better than him in the last 20 years. I cant think of many strikers that were worse than him when we actually had strong teams. He is an improvement over Matri and Quags though thats for sure. Good player has had a good season in Serie A.
Yeah. Sure some of the best strikers in Juventus history were better than him. Thanks captain obvious.

The tactics were our problem in UCL, not Tevez. We play too tentatively. A striker needs service up front. Tevez also has some terrible luck finishing this year in UCL.

Our rivals in Serie A strengthened during the summer, so we had to do so also. Do you think we'd have 43 points in 16 matches right now with our squad from last year? I sure don't.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
One of the best doesn't have to mean top 2. Comparing him to old players makes no sense either way, so I have no idea why I mentioned those years. Let alone comparing him with poachers. But he is a world class player, though.

He offers so much to our game, not just goals.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Yeah. Sure some of the best strikers in Juventus history were better than him. Thanks captain obvious.

The tactics were our problem in UCL, not Tevez. We play too tentatively. A striker needs service up front. Tevez also has some terrible luck finishing this year in UCL.

Our rivals in Serie A strengthened during the summer, so we had to do so also. Do you think we'd have 43 points in 16 matches right now with our squad from last year? I sure don't.
Llorente was still able to score twice with not even half the game time Tevez had all season. Sure we do play defensively and that is a huge problem but He has had the most game time of any striker in the CL and even Quag had scored in the CL and bailed us out in CL matches why cant Tevez do it?
One of the best doesn't have to mean top 2. Comparing him to old players makes no sense either way, so I have no idea why I mentioned those years. Let alone comparing him with poachers. But he is a world class player, though.

Look he's not world class he's good he wouldn't get into any of the top teams with good strikers already. Like i said before Suarez is a world class striker Tevez is good not great. I think u got caught up in the moment as well when u said best strikers ever :D

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
it was still his fault chiellini got a red card

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
People act like he's always been terrible in UCL. Not true. He scored 4 goals and had an assist the year ManU won the champion's league and had 2 goals and 1 assist the next season for them, playing both seasons as an infrequent starter. For ManCity he was terrible in UCL, but that wasn't him, ManCity just sucked in UCL those 2 years.

For us. He did not play great, yet he did create space for others to work in, like Llorente. Our whole squad, and our coach, seem to have a mental block of sorts in UCL.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He often was the most involved player in the cl

peasants offcourse forgot, but during the first two game, THEY said "such a shame tevez has to play with these average players

Yes, you all said that. And now have forgotten it

Tevez is a keyplayer for juve. period

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
People act like he's always been terrible in UCL. Not true. He scored 4 goals and had an assist the year ManU won the champion's league and had 2 goals and 1 assist the next season for them, playing both seasons as an infrequent starter. For ManCity he was terrible in UCL, but that wasn't him, ManCity just sucked in UCL those 2 years.

For us. He did not play great, yet he did create space for others to work in, like Llorente. Our whole squad, and our coach, seem to have a mental block of sorts in UCL.
:tup:

Will get going in Europe again in the EL, and will start firing on all cylinders again in next season's CL.

Dai Carlitos :flag2:

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
Llorente was still able to score twice with not even half the game time Tevez had all season. Sure we do play defensively and that is a huge problem but He has had the most game time of any striker in the CL and even Quag had scored in the CL and bailed us out in CL matches why cant Tevez do it?

Look he's not world class he's good he wouldn't get into any of the top teams with good strikers already. Like i said before Suarez is a world class striker Tevez is good not great. I think u got caught up in the moment as well when u said best strikers ever :D
Actually he would start in Real Madrid, Benzema is terrible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)