Carlos Tevez (13 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Don't get me wrong, we improved our strike force whilst actually making money (Wages have increased ofcourse)
If you take everything into account, which you obviously should, we definitely did not make money. Maybe not even when you only consider the short term, but I'm not certain of that & can't be bothered to look it up right now.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Tevez, initial fee of around 10M

Matri brought us in 12M

I know their wages are higher, but the fact is without dipping into our transfer kitty we did improve our strikeforce. Which is not to be laughed at.

My point is that we still haven't made a real leap in quality in Europe with these two strikers. Which is what we ought to have been trying to do.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He only had one job, and was to take us a step higher in the CL.

Of course, still one of my favs players of the current squad, but i cant sugarcoat his failure and this saddens me.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Marchisio who, incidentally, didn't play a single minute in the 2 games where it all went wrong :D

:tup:

Of course you expect more from your star player.

I must have read it hundreds of times last summer. "We don't need Tevez for Serie A, but he's the player who'll give us the edge in Europe." Quite the opposite, sadly.

except we actually needed him in serie A, i dont choose to do the distinction cl/serie A, i just dont see the mental block theory

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I agree. He has been quite important in serie a. I can think of 3 games at least where his presence secured points.

Thats 9 points there that if juve didnt have it would be in third place now

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
His proficiency in serie A is unquestioned.

But since as of late he is being lacking the goals. Hisperformance has dipped a little too i think. Even since Llorente started to score, he started to vanish. I dont know why.

We need both in top notch.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
His proficiency in serie A is unquestioned.

But since as of late he is being lacking the goals. Hisperformance has dipped a little too i think. Even since Llorente started to score, he started to vanish. I dont know why.

We need both in top notch.
Too late for that now anyway. As you will learn by reading the forums tonight: Our season is over

Yuckerini

Sep 25, 2013
I feel sorry for Tevez because he was trying his best and busting his @$$ while bonucci chiellini and isla were acting like fxcking idiots. People need to understand that ONE player alone will not carry us to the promised land (CL QF and beyond). Tevez is not some god and definitley not untouchable,
but he can't do much when his teammates are constantly flopping and letting him down.
532; wingbacks who can't cross or dribble, a regista so so far away from him and only 2 midfielders who link up the team while having to cover the entire length of the pitch with attacking and defensive responsibilities. Not to forget we have sweeper who has great passing from deep but constantly needs Barzagli and Chiellini to bail him out, and Chiellini still pushes up to "aid" the attack which actually hurts us more than helps.

4312/4321 please

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
If we go back to 1 striker up front i think it would be better to sell Tevez as he's not really a clinical striker and playing him he requires a striking partner which means we have to play a 2 striker system.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Next Summer if we had the opportunity to sell Tevez fora profit i'd consider it

I have nothing against him really, but it's about time Conte stopped :tuttosport: 'ing over work rate and grinta, and we focused on getting a real game changer in the final 3rd.

Tevez, in the CL is so far from this it's unreal.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
tevez is playing some kind of a trequartista most of the times...you can see him getting in the middle of the park and starting to connect. nothing bad to say about him..he gives his best all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)