Carlos Tevez (16 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Too late for that now anyway. As you will learn by reading the forums tonight: Our season is over
Well, is mostly over to be sincere.... today we lost the big dollars and the fame that the CL gives, in short, our sole purpouse to exist. No, im not exaggerating. We must live up in the big leagues.... otherwise we cannot brag about being "champions" of a league full of fodder.

but that shoudnt stop us from unleashing our frustration with the minnows in serie A, and try to save face in europe by doing a real effort in the Europa league...as lame as it sounds.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
tevez is playing some kind of a trequartista most of the times...you can see him getting in the middle of the park and starting to connect. nothing bad to say about him..he gives his best all the time.
Me neither. I thought he was our best player on the pitch today. Had he scored one I'm sure there would be shouts of world class and top player all over this thread. But now he is "decent" and sellable.

Criticism for not scoring in the group stage is definitely warranted, though, but I think it's been blown out of proportion here today. He adds alot to our team.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Padoin gives his best too, it means nothing. In the CL his 'best' isn't good enough. Like I said a while back, it's hard to openly criticise Tevez, because people are blinded by his work rate.

Misses 2 sitters, gives the ball away being selfish. It's all good though, he chased an opposition striker back to our 18 yard box. :disagree:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Well, is mostly over to be sincere.... today lost the big dollars and the fame that the CL gives, in short, our sole purpouse to exist. Not im not exaggerating.

but that shoudnt stop us from unleashing our frustration with the minnows in serie A, and try to save face in europe by doing a real effort in the Europa league...as lame as it sounds.
It's very disappointing, I know, but there are glorious prizes left to play for and as for the CL, there's always next season. We can learn alot from the EL campaign, like Chelsea did.

It's still gonna be a very exciting season, and it's far from over.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
P.S I've said he's not World Class from the begining. 1 CL goal wouldn't change that. And for the record he never even managed that.

The whole 'IF he done such and such' logic is poor

The key word is 'IF'

IF Matri had scored 50 goals last season we'd have called him World Class. Therefore Matri is great right? No

Bad logic is bad.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Padoin gives his best too, it means nothing. In the CL his 'best' isn't good enough. Like I said a while back, it's hard to openly criticise Tevez, because people are blinded by his work rate.

Misses 2 sitters, gives the ball away being selfish. It's all good though, he chased an opposition striker back to our 18 yard box. :disagree:
being selfish? i thought he will shoot like a madman when he backheel passed to llorente..damn that was such a great play up, and tevez made it so...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
He's been selfish on numerous occasions, why do people assume that i'm basing every single comment on one match, in the snow. I'm not. This is about us in general.

No matter how you want to dress it up, Tevez is our new number 10. Our star signing. How is it acceptable that he can go 6 games in the CL without a Goal or Assist, missing sitters in the process.

Because he can run his ass off? Wrong.

This is football at it's highest level, not a marathon.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I know you're pissed and I personally expected more, but let's not overreact now. He's very good player and he'll still be useful to us.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
He's been selfish on numerous occasions, why do people assume that i'm basing every single comment on one match, in the snow. I'm not. This is about us in general.

No matter how you want to dress it up, Tevez is our new number 10. Our star signing. How is it acceptable that he can go 6 games in the CL without a Goal or Assist, missing sitters in the process.

Dude, we get it, you don't rate Tevez. I for one do, and very highly. I think it's poor of him not to score in the CL campaign, but back when the truly horrendous results came (the draw in Copenhagen and the draw at home to Galatasaray) we were struggling as a team. I don't know if you remember, but he was consistently our best player on the pitch for many games in that period, even in the CL, but when the team is struggling it's very difficult for a striker to score.

As for today, particularly in the second half when we had to play against the most muddy part of the pitch, it was nearly impossible to score.

He's not as bad as you make him out to be, but of course, it's very regrettable that he hasn't managed to find the net in the CL.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

Sadly, i cannot defend his goal drought in the CL.
Love his work rate and sacrifice, but a fail is a fail, and he failed big time....even when being around Isla and the other good for nothing.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
Dude, we get it, you don't rate Tevez. I for one do, and very highly. I think it's poor of him not to score in the CL campaign, but back when the truly horrendous results came (the draw in Copenhagen and the draw at home to Galatasaray) we were struggling as a team. I don't know if you remember, but he was consistently our best player on the pitch for many games in that period, even in the CL, but when the team is struggling it's very difficult for a striker to score.

As for today, particularly in the second half when we had to play against the most muddy part of the pitch, it was nearly impossible to score.

He's not as bad as you make him out to be, but of course, it's very regrettable that he hasn't managed to find the net in the CL.
He missed 2 perfect chances in copenhagen, wasted numerous chanced vs real, and had a chance today

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

yes i remember clearly that :)
and is worrysome that even his workload has dipped too. I think he is being overused by conte, and coupled with our innefective attack..he has burned so much.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013

Well, it's not like I don't rate him because I have some sort of Anti-Tevez agenda. I appreciate his workrate and i'd love nothing more than for him to smash goals in week in, week out. I don't rate him so highly, simply because time and time again he's failed in Europe. He's played for CL winners and teams stacked with talent, and he's failed to shine in Europe. So no, i'm not sure why people are so quick to defend him. He's our new number 10, star signing etc etc. And all he's offered us in Europe has been a high work rate.

Well, best hope Pepe gets back to fitness then. Dat workrate :tuttosport:

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
and who should juventus have fielded in the 3 months vuci missed and 1 month quag missed?
Obvisouly, but tonight quags should of played over tevez, let alone bring him on when the gsme was over. Honestly right now id rather sell tevez for a good amount over quags and vuci which we might get 15mil for both

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)