Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (39 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The Italy international will start in Juventus‘ defence in the Coppa Italia Final against Inter tomorrow. It is his last chance to win a trophy at the club. Chiellini has already won 19 cups in Turin and could make it 20 tomorrow.

“Actually, it would be 21,” he said at a press conference at the Stadio Olimpico attended by Football Italia.

“There is a rivalry, so why not fuel it with some old memories…”

Chiellini referred to the 2005-06 Scudetto won by Juventus, which was revoked and assigned to Inter following the Calciopoli scandal.

Chiellini’s contract expires in 2023, but he is expected to leave at the end of the season. Will he talk to Andrea Agnelli after tomorrow’s game in Rome?

“I wanted to wait for this final. I want to focus on football as long as there are some targets,” he said.

“I could have retired the day after winning the Euros. I may not have been here hadn’t VAR disallowed Austria’s goal [in the Round of 16]. Let’s live this game and then we’ll see.

“Juventus have great values, which I didn’t create, I’ve learned them,” he continued.

“When you arrived at Juventus, you understand what’s the difference with other clubs. Allegri has been to Milan and he can say it as well. I’ve learned Juventus’ mentality from Del Piero, Buffon, Pessotto, and Birindelli, who had learned from other legends in the past."

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Also Chiellini was in two finals, which of those should we have been widely expected to win?
He missed one

- - - Updated - - -

The Italy international will start in Juventus‘ defence in the Coppa Italia Final against Inter tomorrow. It is his last chance to win a trophy at the club. Chiellini has already won 19 cups in Turin and could make it 20 tomorrow.

Actually, it would be 21,” he said at a press conference at the Stadio Olimpico attended by Football Italia.

“There is a rivalry, so why not fuel it with some old memories…”

Chiellini referred to the 2005-06 Scudetto won by Juventus, which was revoked and assigned to Inter following the Calciopoli scandal.

Chiellini’s contract expires in 2023, but he is expected to leave at the end of the season. Will he talk to Andrea Agnelli after tomorrow’s game in Rome?

“I wanted to wait for this final. I want to focus on football as long as there are some targets,” he said.

“I could have retired the day after winning the Euros. I may not have been here hadn’t VAR disallowed Austria’s goal [in the Round of 16]. Let’s live this game and then we’ll see.

“Juventus have great values, which I didn’t create, I’ve learned them,” he continued.

“When you arrived at Juventus, you understand what’s the difference with other clubs. Allegri has been to Milan and he can say it as well. I’ve learned Juventus’ mentality from Del Piero, Buffon, Pessotto, and Birindelli, who had learned from other legends in the past."
Juve.scudetto.2006.premiazione.1400x840.jpg

:touched:

10 Scudetti
5 Coppa Italia
5 Supercoppa Italiana
And 1 Serie B (also a trophy :boh:)

CL missing but we wait for Coach Giorgio. Or President

Last edited:

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It must also be said that in all honesty the ultimate chokers are actually Pelle and Maradona(with other honorable mentions being Cannavaro, Nedved, Ronaldo R9, Ibrahimovic, Sivori, Baggio, Cantona), this bunch never even came remotely close to winning the UCL, it’s just another embarassing fact that can’t be debated or erased and we just need to accept it as we all already know that is what they will be labeled as whenever their name comes up next to the CL/EC subject in the history books.
Ibrahimovic is most definitely a CL choker and so is R9, and so is Nedved yes (you don't get booked there, I don't care what anyone says, that wasn't bad luck, that was dumb).

I already clarified that there are general chokers and then there are a CL chokers. You guys are thinking like Juve fans and this logic of mine means that most of our beloved players have been chokers. But think like a neutral for a second. When evaluating players, not winning CL always comes up, ALWAYS. It's not nothing. Some international trophies will ease up the argument like Buffon's WC and Chiellini's EC, but no-CL will always come up when they are compared with other legends of their era (i.e. Neuer/Casillas, Ramos).

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Ibrahimovic is most definitely a CL choker and so is R9, and so is Nedved yes (you don't get booked there, I don't care what anyone says, that wasn't bad luck, that was dumb).

I already clarified that there are general chokers and then there are a CL chokers. You guys are thinking like Juve fans and this logic of mine means that most of our beloved players have been chokers. But think like a neutral for a second. When evaluating players, not winning CL always comes up, ALWAYS. It's not nothing. Some international trophies will ease up the argument like Buffon's WC and Chiellini's EC, but no-CL will always come up when they are compared with other legends of their era (i.e. Neuer/Casillas, Ramos).
i already understood the angle you are lookng at from and i feel that i already responded and given you another example why calling anyone choker in this competition is far from the truth when you take your time to actually look at details and circumstances.

And one other thing worth pointing out is that basically if we label players by the same logic that @Elvin is applying to this narrative then it means that context and details are irrelevant, for example the fact that the cunt Cakir (turkish referee in 2015 UCL final) is directly responsible for Buffon and Chiellini being labeled as chokers because he nonchalantly refused us a clear PK in the second half of that final while the score was still 1:1 with all the momentum on our side, meaning essentially that he prevented us from going on to win it(or at least to have a fair chance to) and as a result of that poor refereeing decision this is the way two legendary players will be remembered by some, as being supposedly chokers in this competition, again, based on a wrong refereeing decision that went against Juventus and them that one time when it mattered most.
And frankly , aside from a select few football fans(be it Juve fans or neutrals) as yourself who want to nick pick something in order to label them the way you are doing , there’s in fact hardly anybody that remembers any of those legends as supposed chokers of a specific competition, not even close, and in fact does not even get mentioned at all when their names come up because it’s irrelevant next to all the other amazing accolades that they’ve achieved.

Context does play a big part and given that we are talking first and foremost about a team sports it is indeed far from the truth calling any individual player a choker in a team game competition where most often than not they’ve represented an overall weaker team that also didn’t get any refereeing favoritism’s their way compared to those they were competing with and that eventually went on to win it at the time…

Yes, they did not win it, nobody is denying that, i’m sure they have their own regrets about missing out on it but from that to them being labeled or remembered as individual chokers for it it’s just factually wrong and out of place when you take everything else that i’ve stated above into consideration, which by the looks of it you obviously didn’t bother to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)