Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (47 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yeah. peasants these days.

i say chiellini is overrated. quetz almost has a heart attack. like i said i wanted him sold.

get a grip peasants

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't know how you can compare the different kinds of centre-half.

Chiellini is so different in style from someone like Thiago Silva that I wouldn't know how to go about comparing them.

Since Vidic started to deteriorate, I don't see anyone better than Chiellini at being the big, aggressive, dominant type of centre-half.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Not even sure myself tbh.

I think Pique and Kompany are great. I also think Dante is very good and I'm not a huge fan of Thiago Silva seeing everyone rates him as one of the best.
Pique is cack, Caceres is better.

T.S. is pretty good tbh, I rate him.

kompany
silva
barzagli
bonucci

are all better than chiellini
1. Chiellini
2. Barzagli
3. Thiago Silva
4. Kompany

Vidic and Puyol would be there but they suck now.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I don't know how you can compare the different kinds of centre-half.

Chiellini is so different in style from someone like Thiago Silva that I wouldn't know how to go about comparing them.

Since Vidic started to deteriorate, I don't see anyone better than Chiellini at being the big, aggressive, dominant type of centre-half.
People go into too much detail. It's a central back. There's bully type of a player and the one with better technique, but they are still comparable IMO.

Barzagli is classy, but considering he's not aggressive nor big there's still no reason to say he's doing any worse than Chiellini when it comes to tacking.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
People go into too much detail. It's a central back. There's bully type of a player and the one with better technique, but they are still comparable IMO.

Barzagli is classy, but considering he's not aggressive nor big there's still no reason to say he's doing any worse than Chiellini when it comes to tacking.
But being the type that relentlessly goes forward to try and win the ball (Chiellini) is very different to someone who makes no effort to win the ball early and is almost entirely focused on playing like a sweeper (Thiago Silva).

Sure, you can claim one is a better player than the other, but it seems a pretty pointless comparison to me, rather like arging about centre-forwards and trying to makes comparisons between the different kinds of centre-forward.

There's a reason you want different kinds of centre-back playing together. I wouldn't want two Chiellinis or two Thiago Silvas playing together in defence any more than I'd want two Trezeguets playing up front together.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
But being the type that relentlessly goes forward to try and win the ball (Chiellini) is very different to someone who makes no effort to win the ball early and is almost entirely focused on playing like a sweeper (Thiago Silva).

Sure, you can claim one is a better player than the other, but it seems a pretty pointless comparison to me, rather like arging about centre-forwards and trying to makes comparisons between the different kinds of centre-forward.

There's a reason you want different kinds of centre-back playing together. I wouldn't want two Chiellinis or two Thiago Silvas playing together in defence any more than I'd want two Trezeguets playing up front together.
:hellyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)