Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (61 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But nobody said that, you just made a random post without reading anything.

We're not talking about Juventus' performances, but Chiellini's display last night against Brazil in which he was poor.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
But nobody said that, you just made a random post without reading anything.

We're not talking about Juventus' performances, but Chiellini's display last night against Brazil in which he was poor.
Um yes, in the Azzurri thread many people questioned Chiellini's quality and mocked him as "the best defender in the world" (even Klin above)- not counting Lion and his foolishness.

Don't feel I was replying to you.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
ahh yeah that's because he's pretty overrated for a cb.

barzagli and bonucci have both surpassed him in terms of importance and what they bring to the team.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we struggled because both him AND asa were missing.

of coarse you are going to have a hard time when 2 regulars that offer physical strength go.

i am not saying he's a bad player. but he's overrated. he was world class though in 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
nah. i see that too.

barzagli and bonuccis have far surpassed both as defenders and footballers. he's still important, but c'mon. trust me

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
we struggled because both him AND asa were missing.

of coarse you are going to have a hard time when 2 regulars that offer physical strength go.

i am not saying he's a bad player. but he's overrated. he was world class though in 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.

and this is based on which performances? one friendly game at the end of the season?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Um yes, in the Azzurri thread many people questioned Chiellini's quality and mocked him as "the best defender in the world" (even Klin above)- not counting Lion and his foolishness.

Don't feel I was replying to you.
Oh, don't know about that. I guess I missed those posts.

I think he's a great player and is instrumental for our defense. Even if he was rather bad that's not a reason to say he's bad or anything, because it happens.

He's great, no doubt about that, but best defender in the world? He's not.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
nah. i see that too.

barzagli and bonuccis have far surpassed both as defenders and footballers. he's still important, but c'mon. trust me
Very wrong. Chiellini is our 3rd most important player after Vidal and Pirlo.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, don't know about that. I guess I missed those posts.

I think he's a great player and is instrumental for our defense. Even if he was rather bad that's not a reason to say he's bad or anything, because it happens.

He's great, no doubt about that, but best defender in the world? He's not.
Who do you say is?

pls don't say Dante like every schmuck these days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)