Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (34 Viewers)

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Chiellini is my newest fave player! He was great today TBH, and that red card is non-existent. I love how just got out quickly even before the ref shows the red card no fuss no nothing. This guy knows how much his team needed every second.

OP
Cuti

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #2,247
    TBH he got a yellow for the tackle on Drogba, which was his second. I hate to say it, but the tackle was a bit rash, so it was probably right to give him his second yellow

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
    Cech was rightly booked.

It was never a red card.
    Agreed the replay clearly shows yellow was correct.
    Now to all the little whiners who are still looking for excuses, WAKE UP! Be proud of Juve, they played a great match and ran till the last miniute, never giving up.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Forza Chiellini!!!

Should not of been sent off but was foolish diving in like that when he really didn't have to.

But he has nothing to be ashamed of (unlike what the English commentators were saying) usual performance, full of heart!

OP
    Cuti

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
  • Thread Starter #2,254
    I don't honestly think that was for second yellow card.
    From the replays i saw, he got Drogba's foot more than the ball, but fuck it, for the whole match that he was on the pitch, they did absolutely nothing, now all he needs to do is kill Ibra in the derby d'italia, and all will be forgiven :)

nowayjose

Sep 23, 2008
    That tackle was not rash - it was a stern talking at worst. The difference is Drogba has a reputation as a world class player. In a few years, Chiellini will start getting calls. I thought he actually had a good game today

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    It was a silly challenge to go for, but it was never a red card.
    TBH he got a yellow for the tackle on Drogba, which was his second. I hate to say it, but the tackle was a bit rash, so it was probably right to give him his second yellow
    agreed it WAS a silly challenge to put in and tbh if it had been an opposition defender we would have been requesting a second yellow.

however, if he can learn from this (and i am sure he will) then it will stand him in good stead in the years to come. he marshaled Drogba exceptionally well last night, he gave no quarter and his no-nonsense approach really stifled drogba's physical threat. watching the game i was thinking that he is the sort of player we will eb talking about in 20 years time and a rock-solid lynchpin of a successful Juve side, a legend in the making.
    i can only hope he learns to keep his head in these situations better and dives in less so he is viewed more like Scirea than Montero

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    The ref gave an advantage, the rules has changed, you give an advantage you forget about booking.

That was undeserved card, but I'm proud of this boy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)