Capitano Giorgio Chiellini (34 Viewers)

Sep 27, 2008
Chiellini: «I made a mistake and I’m sorry»
The day after the match people are still talking about Juventus-Napoli, especially Giorgio Chiellini. Against his will, the defender found himself at the centre of a controversy because of a gesture he mad after the final whistle was blown by referee Ayroldi.

The gesture led to a lot of comments both in the post-match as well as on the Sunday papers. After having cooled down, Chiellini took the opportunity to come clean on Sky Sport 24: «First of all I must say that I made a mistake and I therefore apologise to everybody especially to the Napoli supporters. It was not my intention to offend anybody. Unfortunately I got carried away by the agonism and because of the tension at the end of the match during which there were disagreements with the referee and some of the rival players».

The declaration made by Chiellini brought to a close the comments following the match and returned Juventus-Napoli to the football spirit. Thus, one can now talk of the victory obtained at the Olimpico. «For us it was very important to show we are still interested in the championship – concluded Giorgio-. We know that the scudetto can only be lost by Inter but victories like the one obtained yesterday serve as a boost for us for the upcoming matches, from the Coppa Italia match, to the derby up to the return match against Chelsea. They are all difficult matches which we must face with maximum concentration».

http://www.juventus.it/site/eng/NEWS_newsseriea_DCE2CBCABBD241029CA79E267C4E89EE.asp

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Why hasnt anyone posted here after todays match??

Good and solid performance by Chiellini today. It is nice to see him play this way just 2 days before the Chelsea game.

Forza Chiellini.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Good performance, lets hope he can step up even more against chelsea, and own every single one of their attackers :)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I hope the goal will be a boost to his form. We need the beast chiellini to battle to the death with drogba. It's almost like the clash of the titans:D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Chiellini: «A victory for Pavel»

A winning header following a great free-kick by Pavel Nedved. If this is the last derby for the Czech star he really managed to end his adventure greatly and deserves the dedication by the match winner: «I dedicate this goal to Pavel. Torino put us in some sort of difficulty for 15 to 20 minutes in the first half but notwithstanding this we had the best chances. We are happy with the victory but even with our physical condition. Even against Napoli and Lazio we played well and today we managed to come from a distance. Now the Champions League match awaits us. Percentages? Let us say 51% for Chelsea and 49% for us».

Juventus.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
He still has to improve somehow to be world's best someday.

He should calm down each time he got the ball unless he's under pressure. Too many times he's either shooting it our and giving our opponents another chance to attack or he's giving the ball away easily with too many passing mistakes.

Defensively, he's on top, but he should be smarter with the ball at his feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)